2012 NCAA Hockey Tournament/Frozen Four

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ferris State- Boston College for the National Championship tomorrow night at 7pm ET on ESPN2.

UMD now has the most Hobey Baker winners

Congrats to Jack Connolly :)

Connolly becomes the fifth UMD player to claim the Hobey Baker Memorial Award in its 32 years of existence, joining forwards Junior Lessard (2003-04), Chris Marinucci (1993-94) and Bill Watson (1984-85) and defenseman Tom Kurvers (1983-84). No school in the country has produced more winners

If there is a "rocky" or "Hoosiers" comparison this would be it. Powerhouse Boston college going up against Ferris state a school of about 10,000 students in a town with about the same amount of people, wearing my Ferris Gear proud today as an alumni! Go Bulldogs!!

Congrats to BC and kudos to Ferris State on a great season!

Four out of the last five National Champions have come from Boston (BC '08, '10, '12 and BU '09) :)

If there is a "rocky" or "Hoosiers" comparison this would be it. Powerhouse Boston college going up against Ferris state a school of about 10,000 students in a town with about the same amount of people, wearing my Ferris Gear proud today as an alumni! Go Bulldogs!!

Back in the late 1960s, my state university used to recruit for its football teams and basketball teams by having the assistant coaches scour the gym classes, which didn't take them off their jobs because they were also the gym teachers, but even then, we were a national power in hockey even though we didn't have intramural, club hockey and even though the entire state only had six high school hockey teams that produced no college hockey players, because my university brought in French Canadian hockey players who weren't very good at writing in English but, "Dey really knew der hoc'-kee' ".

In New Hampshire, there are about half a dozen old-money boarding schools with student bodies of 300 or so, and it used to be that they recruited from their gym classes, but now, when you look at their distinguished alumni lists on their Wikipedia pages, you'll see that they are heavily populated with NBA basketball players. Hmmm... Ferris State, which I had never even heard of until I read that post, is not at a recruiting disadvantage to Boston College, any more than Rensellar Polytechnic Institute was at a recruiting disadvantage to them in the 1970s... even if their campus was mapped full scale on the back of the matchbook covers that they may have used for recruiting.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)