2012 New HD Local Launches

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
MEDFORD Oregon Has HD Locals on! Not kmvu 26 which is fox. I am kinda bummed about that. Also my am21's are not working anymore? I find that strange also.

Both the Oregon markets are up and running that were in test the past few weeks.
Flint MI CW is up in HD as well.

now if only they would hurry up in Minot ND. My grandmother who recently moved their is rather annoyed that there is no Fox HD or CW HD, and for some reason I get to hear about it.

Still no Bowling Green, Ky on SD or HD.....Direct even carries smaller markets than Bowling Green. Dish has Bowling Green and that is why you see many more Dish systems in my area than Directv.

Still no Bowling Green, Ky on SD or HD.....Direct even carries smaller markets than Bowling Green.
3 reasons it could be
-transponder space
-Bowling Green is a "full" market now so they dont have to worry with importing any neighbor station. A market with only 2 stations is easier as less contracts to sign
-contract issues. Although the CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox are owned by Gray and Max Media....both of which Directv has a good relationship with

so I'd probably say option 1

I know the feeling. I am in a zip Code of Muskingum county, Ohio (Zanesville market) so I can't receive my locals in HD. Every county surrounding me does and even some parts of my county. Zanesville has one NBC affiliate which prevents it. All other locals would come from the Columbus, Ohio market. In all other counties surrounding me, they get all the locals out of Columbus, including NBC and all in HD. The local Zanesville affiliate even broadcasts now in HD. Local cable offers all the locals in HD plus both the Zanesville and Columbus NBC stations!

Will it ever happen in the Steubenville Ohio--Wheeling WV area

they already are according to a chart I show. The issue is ABC & FOX arent in HD (due to being subchannels)

when I use a Wheeling zip I get the following
ABC 6 SD
FOX 8 SD
PBS WOUC 44 HD
CBS WTRF 7 HD
CW WBNX 55 HD (imported from Akron)
NBC WTOV 9 HD

I know the feeling. I am in a zip Code of Muskingum county, Ohio (Zanesville market) so I can't receive my locals in HD. Every county surrounding me does and even some parts of my county. Zanesville has one NBC affiliate which prevents it. All other locals would come from the Columbus, Ohio market. In all other counties surrounding me, they get all the locals out of Columbus, including NBC and all in HD. The local Zanesville affiliate even broadcasts now in HD. Local cable offers all the locals in HD plus both the Zanesville and Columbus NBC stations!

your market falls under the "dont get why they arent in HD"......Zanesville is a one county one channel market (NBC). The rest you get imported from Columbus (but you already knew this)
Looking deeper the owner (SE Ohio Broadcasting) owns only WHIZ AM/FM and TV...so it probably isnt on there in HD yet due to a retrans issue. Once Directv gets it in HD the other stations you get from Columbus will be in HD too. The owner really doesnt have much to hold off from D* except for that station.

Reason I say that is the market down the road from me (Mankato, MN) is a one station DMA too. It was CBS only until 7/1/07 when they added Fox subchannel. Directv has had KEYC CBS in HD since 06 (the other 3 stations are from Minneapolis). Dish has it only in SD

Still no Bowling Green, Ky on SD or HD.....Direct even carries smaller markets than Bowling Green. Dish has Bowling Green and that is why you see many more Dish systems in my area than Directv.

Trade ya. :D We have DISH currently and they do not offer Tyler/Longview, TX locals in HD yet the cable company does and Directv does. It's probably the same reason Directv doesn't have your market in HD - lack of transponder space. We ended up "moving" to a DFW address to get locals in HD. Where we live is a city that lies in 3 different counties. The part of the city in the county northwest of us gets DFW locals by default if that tells you how close we are to this market.

Give Directv time. I'm sure they will add your market soon (tm).

Status
Please reply by conversation.