2013 MLB Postseason

Joe Maddon:

Too bad Fenway didn't have any catwalks to help neutralize the 'quirks"

Joe Maddon:

Seriously, this is a manager talking, that's one loss away from the golf course??

Tell him, he's welcome to come back to Boston anytime he wants, I'm sure they have some nice Golf Courses and he could even catch a ALCS game if he wanted too ... as long as he pays his way.

I like Boston's chances even more considering Tropicana Field is the worst place for a team to feed off crowd energy if coming home down 2-0. It's not exactly PNC Park's crowd, that's for sure.

The antithesis of, say, when Boston rallied from 0-2 down in 2003 or even last year's A's forcing a game 5

Verlander has his good stuff so far tonight. One base runner allowed through 4 innings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sunday's playoff schedule:

Cardinals (Kelly) at Pirates (Liriano)- NLDS Game 3- 4:30pm ET (TBS)
Braves
(Teheran) at Dodgers (Ryu)- NLDS Game 3- 8:00pm ET (TBS)

Well that was intense as hell but Verlander got out of his first real jam of the game.

Looks like Verlander was on his game tonight.

7 innings, 0 runs, 4 hits, 1 walk and 11 K's.

Scherzer also went 7 innings last night giving up 3 hits and 11 K's (one of Scherzers hits was a 2 run HR.)

Looks like Verlander was on his game tonight.

7 innings, 0 runs, 4 hits, 1 walk and 11 K's.

Scherzer also went 7 innings last night giving up 3 hits and 11 K's (one of Scherzers hits was a 2 run HR.)

The A's pitching has matched them. The Tigers have only scored in 1 of 18 innings they played, 3 runs in the 1st inning of game one only. They have been shut out in their last 17 innings. Both teams have scored exactly the same number of runs, 3.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
The A's pitching has matched them. The Tigers have only scored in 1 of 18 innings they played, 3 runs in the 1st inning of game one only. They have been shut out in their last 17 innings. Both teams have scored exactly the same number of runs, 3.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

Ok ....

Not entirely ...
Tigers have struck out 16 times.
A's Struck out 16 times in game 1
Verlander struck out another 11 and the team 13 ...

So, if ya wanna get into a pissing match ... there ya go.

I'm feeling pretty good about the Tigers.
They split in Oakland and they got thier stud Verlander back in form, which means IF this series goes 5, Scherzer or JV can pitch game 5.

I'm feeling pretty good about the Tigers.
They split in Oakland and they got thier stud Verlander back in form, which means IF this series goes 5, Scherzer or JV can pitch game 5.

Me too. I still like our chances to win the series I just hate to waste a pitching performance like that in the postseason. The pitchers have been good. Now we need the offense to step up.

Ok ....

Not entirely ...
Tigers have struck out 16 times.
A's Struck out 16 times in game 1
Verlander struck out another 11 and the team 13 ...

So, if ya wanna get into a pissing match ... there ya go.
Ok. Then the A's pitching hasn't been as good; instead it has been the Tigers hitting has stunk. :p

Last edited:
Ok. Then the A's pitching hasn't been as good; instead it has been the Tigers hitting has stunk. :p

Gray looked pretty damn impressive last night. I'll give him that. The Tigers hitters stunk too though. The pitchers need to get some run support to go with their good starts.

It is an absolutely GORGEOUS day here in Hollywood and come game time it will be perfect baseball weather. Maybe even a tad too warm for the first few innings. There is even possibility of some stiff breezes thru Chavez Ravine as dusk comes on. Tomorrow night's game may be a different story temperature-wise. A cold front is heading this way and will bring thick Marine layer clouds by midweek. I expect game time temperature tomorrow night to be a substantial 10-15 degrees cooler. Still perfect baseball weather, but it will be definitely different tomorrow night at 6:30PM.

Should...operative word again....should the Dodgers survive to play back here later in the week, they will have perfect SoCal fall weather in which to play. They will have "dodged" a weather bullet on Tuesday & Wednesday.

Dodgers going with the same exact lineup. They really need Ethier so they can put Puig back in the lead off spot

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

If the Dodgers lose they will go with Kershaw tomorrow. If they win they will go with Nolasco.

If the Dodgers lose they will go with Kershaw tomorrow. If they win they will go with Nolasco.

I agree with this, but only because they would have Greinke available for a potential game 5 on a full 4 days rest.

Australian Football League on Fuel TV

Middle school football players execute life-changing play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)