2013 MLB Postseason

Just worth noting if Tampa didn't gag that 7-0 lead to the Dodgers, they wouldn't have had to play tonight and would have 2 days off before heading to Cleveland.

Oh, well. Congrats to all 500 Rays fans. I hope Cleveland wins, otherwise we're headed for the ultimate October homefield disadvantage.

lol......just read on a Red Sox board: "it's nice to see the Rays brought both their fans to Texas".

Really? It's probably 390 where he hit it. There are many parks that short in right center.
It has to do with carry, not the distance of the wall. It probably would not have traveled 390 in any other park. That right center field region in that park has great carry. Routine fly ball outs in other parks end up going out in that park.

After making the above posts I just thought of something. I want you guys to try to be as honest with yourself as possible. If anything, it should help you understand where I am coming from when I make posts about the Dodgers.

If this was a game between the Rays and the Dodgers instead of the Rangers and I made these same posts above, how many of you would assume I am crying, whining, or making excuses? You do not have to answer on here, but just think about it.

Now that you have thought about it, let me say this just for clarity and understanding sake only. I am a very analytical and logical person. I seldom make comments based on emotion (you don't have to believe me, but I am being completely honest). When I make similar posts about the Dodgers it is for the same reason I do so with any other team. My opinion is solely based on analysis and probability. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't care if you believe me or not. I can assure you I am being completely honest. The only reason I am stating this is to avoid these countless posts of me having to explain myself or clarify after 5 people make the same false assumption.

When the Dodger playoff games start and I am making posts about the games about what could have or should have happened, or if I make a comment that the game is over with a 3 run lead in the 9th, it is for the same exact reason I am stating the same things about this game. It is solely based on my knowledge of the team, the game, and the situation through an analytical view. My comments are not emotively made for the purpose of excuses. It does not mean my comments always be correct. But it does mean that I am being honest.

So please stop with the "excuse", "crying", or "whining" accusations. I am not making posts or comments for any of those reasons. I don't make personal comments about anyone on here, so I ask that you stop doing so with me. Not because it bothers me, but because I would like to keep this thread about the games being played, not about any particular poster.

Thanks for reading and understanding.

It's all cool. Good luck to everyone and their teams (but not too much ;)). It's gonna be a GREAT month, let's get this on!! :)

I think it is fitting that Cruz made the last out of the Rangers season.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Oh, well. Congrats to all 500 Rays fans. I hope Cleveland wins, otherwise we're headed for the ultimate October homefield disadvantage.

I actually get depressed watching a game on TV from that "ballpark". It's the opposite I feel from watching a game on TV from PNC Park in Pittsburgh (IMO, the nicest park in MLB...........at least on TV).

Here's an interesting little fact. The last 3 pitchers to pitch a complete game in game #163 were all lefties. Can you name them?

It has to do with carry, not the distance of the wall. It probably would not have traveled 390 in any other park. That right center field region in that park has great carry. Routine fly ball outs in other parks end up going out in that park.

It would probably have been six or seven rows deep in Yankee Stadium. The ball carries really well there.

Tuesday- NL Wild Card Game

Reds (Cueto) at Pirates (Liriano)- 8:00pm ET (TBS)

If they were playing a series I would give it to the Reds, but 1 game with these two facing each other, I have to give it to the Bucs.

I actually like both of these teams. This is one of the few match ups that I don't care who wins.

I'll be pulling for Pittsburgh only because they have not been there in a long time. I too have nothing against Cincinnati.

Other than the Rays, we have some really old franchises in this year's playoff field.

The origin of each playoff team:

Braves began play in Boston in 1876
Reds began play in Cincinnati in 1876
Dodgers began play in Brooklyn in 1884
Pirates began play in Pittsburgh in 1887
Cardinals began play in St. Louis in 1892
Red Sox began play in Boston in 1901
Athletics began play in Philadelphia in 1901
Tigers began play in Detroit in 1901
Indians began play in Cleveland in 1901
Rays began play in Tampa Bay in 1998

There is going to be a blackout in Pittsburgh tonight.

When the Pirates take the field for their first playoff game in 21 years, they are hoping for an environment that is more like a college football game than a baseball game.

That is, after all, where a few players got their idea for a PNC Park blackout.

A handful of players were watching the Georgia-LSU game TV Saturday in Cincinnati when someone mentioned that Georgia asks its fans to wear all black to certain games and all red to others as an intimidation tactic.

That sparked an idea for the Pirates to encourage their fans to do the same.

Michael McKenry, A.J. Burnett and Andrew McCutchen have since sparked a social media campaign asking that all fans attending the wild-card game to wear black.

"I'm excited to see how many fans are going to show up in all black, black and gold, having a blacked-out stadium to show that it's not just us playing on the field -- it's them, too," McCutchen said.

The social media movement got too late of a start for the Pirates to plan a large T-shirt giveaway like the Penguins used to do for their playoff whiteouts. But the Pirates will hand out black rally towels, which mimic the team's Jolly Roger flag.

"We're looking for a little extra intimidation for the first postseason game at PNC Park," McKenry said. "We always wear our black jerseys, it seems like. It's a big part of who we are. ... I just think it'd be neat. I know that would be intimidating if we walked into that."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...-notebook-players-call-for-a-blackout-705620/

Last edited:
Nice move by the Sox....it's supposed to be a beautiful day tomorrow:

The Red Sox will open their scheduled workout tomorrow afternoon, October 2, which starts at 2 p.m. and is expected to run until 5 or 6 p.m. Season ticket holders, children, students, and neighbors are particularly invited to watch from seats between the bases at no charge. Concession stands will be open, and no tickets are required.
Entertainment for children, who are welcome after school, includes face painters (specializing in beards), balloon artists, and popular stilt-walker Big League Brian.

Fans can enter Fenway Park at Gate D starting at 2 p.m.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts