Please reply by conversation.

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
1. Fix the damned Channels I Get!

2. Make the external HD an add-on instead of replacing the internal HD.

3. AND make it tied to the account and not to the receiver. The usefulness of the external HD is dramitically reduced when you know that if the receiver craps out, you lose all the recordings.

4. And while we're at it, make it work with USB. No real reason not to, and it was reported in a few forums that it did work at least for awhile.

1,2,3, not going to happen.
4 could happen, they choose not to, as it slipped out in software for about a week. Thus, most likely not going to happen.

Now, how about wishing for a new HD channel and a free PPV coupon :)

Meh on the PPV coupon, I do them so seldom that it really wouldn't be a big deal. But if they insist on giving one, how about NOT with the watch now, pay now, rebate later/never??

As to an HD channel, well I have two at the top of my list.
EPIX as either HD Extra add, or as a Premium pack
Reelz for their superb original series.

I would settle for them to improve customer service items:

1. Provide online chat customer service (especially billing and tech support). I was very disappointed to not see this capability when they rolled out their new website a little while ago.

2. Provide extensive training to first line support. If they don't know receiver models or basic features, they shouldn't be allowed to answer a phone or chat!

3. Ensure the basic intent of the software release works before sending to the general public. We should not be beta testers ( unless we choose to be). My number 1 example is the genie clients and their lack of ability to playback DVR content outside of the Genie. The clients can now list content from other DVRs, but the playback fails...I understand software errors occur...if it doesn't work, don't send it out.

Most of my requests are basic principles of business...hopefully we will see improvements on 2013!

One more small item...enable us to redeem movie money certificates online. Having to mail them is an expense not needed for the consumer and a labor expense not needed for Directv.

I would love to see Item 1 fixed.
I'd take a free PPV coupon. Even though when I had them with E I kept forgetting to use them most of the time....:rolleyes:
I'd try to be better with D !!:D

Two items:

1. I would like to see DirecTV make it possible for those subscribers with the grandfathered Choice Extra (however it's worded) to make changes to programming over the Internet. (Without it eliminating that package.)

2. I want more basic-cable high definition channels, taken from those with standard definition being the only form currently available to us from DirecTV, to become added to the lineup. The company did well last year with some additions like BBC America HD and Turner Classic Movies HD. But more needs to come. Among the programmers which should get carried: Cooking Channel HD, H2 HD, and TV Land HD.

Agreed on item 1. And I just want my Longhorn Network already. Hell I'll even pay a lil more for it ala carte so everyone isn't stuck paying for it that don't want it

1. No carriage disputes.
2. No lawsuits.

Let DISH keep being the king of those. :D

The one thing I would like to see from DIRECTV in 2013 is that they START WORKING WITH US AGAIN SO WE CAN BETTER HELP THEIR CUSTOMERS.

DISH got the message two years ago and look at things now. It's time for DIRECTV to get the message as well. There is no better FREE SUPPORT then support here on SatelliteGuys.

I would like a Customer Favorites list option that allows the customer to choose the Order in which his channels show up in their guide.

Also Would like Epix option,
HBO go with Roku.
H25's turned into fully functional DVRs , and Directv can keep the C31's.

I don't get why an H25 can't use HR 34 Tuner as a live buffer, when a C31 can?

I would like to see D* eliminate the HD Fee and start to call HD the Mainstream.

Free HD from here on out.

That would be great and they should :)

While they should, they won't, mainly because they have effectively found a new revenue stream ...
Now, if they go out and make this statement incorrect .... GREAT, I'm all for it !

While they should, they won't, mainly because they have effectively found a new revenue stream ...
Now, if they go out and make this statement incorrect .... GREAT, I'm all for it !

I agree I was just saying they should but I doubt it would happen :)

The one thing I would like to see from DIRECTV in 2013 is that they START WORKING WITH US AGAIN SO WE CAN BETTER HELP THEIR CUSTOMERS.

DISH got the message two years ago and look at things now. It's time for DIRECTV to get the message as well. There is no better FREE SUPPORT then support here on SatelliteGuys.

I had to laugh out loud at that one. "Dish got the message two years ago and look at things now." They are WORSE THAN EVER! :D But the Dirt Team is great, granted. It just amazes me how terrible Dish Network is DESPITE the Dirt Team.

It sure would rock if DirecTV would step up.

1. Fix the damned Channels I Get!

2. Make the external HD an add-on instead of replacing the internal HD.

3. AND make it tied to the account and not to the receiver. The usefulness of the external HD is dramitically reduced when you know that if the receiver craps out, you lose all the recordings.

4. And while we're at it, make it work with USB. No real reason not to, and it was reported in a few forums that it did work at least for awhile.

1. Graying out the channels we don't subscribe to while editing favorite lists would be better IMO

2,3,4 agree 100%

5. Smart search play list, sorting by category is still a pain to find one showor movie

6. Ability to disable low space warning, I don't need to be told my dvr has less than 10% space every time!

7. Espn3 app

8. more HD
H2
FMC
Outtermax
Encore Action and Drama and the rest if/ when they go HD
Fearnet
Epix
GSN
Tvland
Ovation
Military
NASA
Comcast Sport Southeast
Outdoor Channel
Sportsman Channel
IFC
Sundance
FLIX

9. Hide the VOD banners in the guide between 500 and 501

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts