2013-Things I would like to see happen with D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would like to see D* eliminate the HD Fee and start to call HD the Mainstream.

Free HD from here on out.
That would be nice, but believe it or not, every provider charges more for HD. Some just put the fee on the HD receiver or DVR instead of the programming

The HD charge is getting old. HD is becoming the standard now. Back in the day you weren't charged extra for color vs black and white.
The thing is, it is not really a standard. Most people still do not watch HD. Many stretch SD and think it is HD

Eliminate the HD fee but increase the cost of the packages by a few bucks. This way at least you wouldn't have a separate fee for HD. I know it wouldn't be popular but that would be one way of doing it.

Eliminate the HD fee but increase the cost of the packages by a few bucks. This way at least you wouldn't have a separate fee for HD. I know it wouldn't be popular but that would be one way of doing it.

They already up the price $3 - $5 each year, they should be able to make HD free by now with the increases from past years.

Previously, we paid extra a bit each year and they were putting up[ new Sats and adding more HD content, they haven't really added much HD this past year.

I think I will look and see if D* still has that Feedback page online that I can remind them of thier HD fee being unwarrented.

I would like a Customer Favorites list option that allows the customer to choose the Order in which his channels show up in their guide.
You want the guide to show channels in a user-defined order (other than high to low or low to high)?

The database engine seems overtaxed as it is.

If I want channel 206 next to 501, I should be able to have that!
You can if you have a custom guide that cuts out all channels between 206 and 501. Otherwise, you're out of luck with pretty much any currently offered guide listing (on STBs or online).

Imagine someone visiting your TV room trying to find a channel or trying to recreate your guide listing on a new reciever.

It has long been my suspicion (and it may not be justified) that the database engine employed by DIRECTV just isn't up to such tasks.

That would be something new ...
I don't know of ANY provider that does that.

Next you'll want to give the channel it's own name and number !
Nope. I just want a way to customise my channel list in the order I want it. Not hard to do at all.

And I didn't knock any of your requests so why must you guys pick on mine. And I don't care what other providers have, I don't subscribe to them.

You can if you have a custom guide that cuts out all channels between 206 and 501. Otherwise, you're out of luck with pretty much any currently offered guide listing (on STBs or online).

Imagine someone visiting your TV room trying to find a channel or trying to recreate your guide listing on a new reciever.

It has long been my suspicion (and it may not be justified) that the database engine employed by DIRECTV just isn't up to such tasks.
Wow whats your point? I have a request, you don't like it don't comment!

Nope. I just want a way to customise my channel list in the order I want it. Not hard to do at all.

And I didn't knock any of your requests so why must you guys pick on mine. And I don't care what other providers have, I don't subscribe to them.

It would be quite the "Out of the Box" thinking.

I want them to have total management of recorded content from any single device. In other words I want to see my "To Do List" in schedule format and show which shows are scheduled to be recorded on which DVR and let me choose from that screen which DVR a show gets recorded on.

I want to be able to watch recorded content on my tablet or computer anywhere in the house.

I'd like to be able to watch D* on my Tablet (non iPad) ...
Also would like to be able to watch recorded shows on tablet without INTERNET .... so I can watch them on the plane.

I want my DVRs to do collaborative scheduling. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to hand off recordings to each other in order to avoid conflicts.

I also want to be able to use "everywhere" to watch content on my DVR without having to buy that stupid nomad thing. Given that the HRs run DLNA compliant media servers, the way they ate doing it now is just idiotic.

I want them to have total management of recorded content from any single device. In other words I want to see my "To Do List" in schedule format and show which shows are scheduled to be recorded on which DVR and let me choose from that screen which DVR a show gets recorded on.

I want to be able to watch recorded content on my tablet or computer anywhere in the house.

I second this...if they can integrate the recordings, should be easy enough to integrate the scheduled recordings!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts