2014-15 NCAA Football Bowl season

What's the odds that all three Ohio St. Qb's are on the roster next year?
I'm thinking 2 of 3 May be there but wouldn't surprise me if only one is there.
I think 2 will leave. It's an unusual and potentially bad problem for Meyer. Of course no one could deserve it more.

Last edited:
A few days ago, or right after Winston declared himself for the NFL draft, Miller's name was thrown out as going to Florida too....

I think people (media ?) pull these things out of their ass ! I've seen "Is Meyer considering moving to the NFL?" and "Jones thinking of declaring himself for NFL draft" in the past two days.
I've seen Braxton to FSU, LSU Oregon & Duke, so far.

Urban says he thinks he's staying, I don't think so, once Braxton saw how good the others are ...

If Braxton wanted to look good for the Pro's for the next year, he might consider going with Herman to Houston, he'll be the stud QB and already know the play book and can be the star of the league.

Courts have already upheld the NFL's 3 years out of high school rule. And the NFL isn't likely to change it without endangering it's relationship with the NCAA.

So he basically had 3 choices:
  • Play one more year
  • Sit out a year
  • Go to Canada
Or play 2 more years and get his degree while he's at it :D

Leading 35-20 with 1:43 left in the game, Ohio State was set to go for it on 4th-and-1 from inside Oregon's 5-yard line. Before the snap, two Oregon defensive linemen jumped offside, giving the Buckeyes a first down and the ballgame. Tradition says you line up in victory formation, take a knee, shake hands and celebrate. Instead, Urban Meyer and his Ohio State Buckeyes kept running plays, scoring again with 28 seconds left. "I didn't even think about taking a knee... we play to win," Meyer said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tim-s...insp_b_6471180.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

What a jerk. I guess class to URBAN Meyer and OSU means rubbing your opponents nose in it. That's one thing I scream at Saban about when he doesn't do it when the game is won in the regular season due to style points. Yet it's the thing I love about him. He never would have put that last 7 points on the board in a championship game. But what else would you expect from a Woody Hayes culture I guess. He plays to win? Does he think there's a 15 point play? Or an 18 point play that could tie him if he kicks a FG? What a liar
Oh, so Saban has never scored late in a game .... ya right ...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

All they had to do is stop them and it wouldn't have been an issue.

Reactions: Derwin0
I think 2 will leave. It's an unusual and potentially bad problem for Meyer. Of course no one could deserve it more.
As usual, you see every thing as a problem for a Meyer team.

There is No problem here. it will shake it self out ... it all depends on what Braxtons decides to do, thats the way it was from day one.

Cardale is not going Pro, Barrett is the best of the 3 QB's and cannot go anywhere without sitting out a year and Braxton is the key to it all.

IF Braxton comes back strictly as the Starting QB, not at another position he will start and it will be a toss up as to who is 2nd.

It was really nice to have Braxton and Kenny Guiton as the back up that played very well in his time at OSU., now they have at least that much at QB.

If Jones doesn't turn pro it can only go downhill for him. I'm not sure he can play better or anyone for that matter like he did the last three games. Play like he did and then come back as a backup??
Isn't he the same player that said he was at only at school to play football anyway?
This will be interesting to say the least.

If Jones doesn't turn pro it can only go downhill for him. I'm not sure he can play better or anyone for that matter like he did the last three games. Play like he did and then come back as a backup??
Isn't he the same player that said he was at only at school to play football anyway?
This will be interesting to say the least.
Yes he is the same player that said that ... then later realized what he said ....
Your right, he'll never be better than right now in the eyes of the media.
The NFL though I think is much different, I doubt that many teams would take a flyer on him because of his lack of experience.
Then again,
Was it Sanchez for USC that was a back up his entire career and he was drafted.

Oh, so Saban has never scored late in a game .... ya right .
Or Oregon for that matter, they have a pattern of running up the score. And we can all ask Pitt what happens when you let off in the 4th quarter. It's the seniors final game, as well as many of the juniors. Let them play.

Maybe if Oregon hadn't started calling time out in the hopes to win, Ohio St. would have let the clock run out. Or perhaps someone just needs to have some cheese with his whine.

Reactions: Hall and mccoyrj
I understand that. If he would've just been honest about it I don't think all of central Florida would despise him as much as they do, if at all. What he did there the last year and half of his job was inexcusable.

Reminds me of line that was said down here by a former Dolphin coach over and over again to anyone that would be willing to listen: "Look, I am not gonna coach at Alabama..."

Reactions: mccoyrj
I did not understand the reason for the push for touchdown so late with the game is in hand. There is NOTHING to prove, there is nothing to gain...the game is already in hand. Can't say "we play to win" when you have won the game already. Two things can happen, in the push for the score, someone could get injured on either side...and you look like a douche. Luckily, only one happened.

Alabama vs S Miss, 2014 - AL leading 45-12, scores another touchdown with 16-seconds remaining.

Alabama vs T A&M, 2014 - AL leading 45-0 at half, scores (2) more touchdowns (albeit with lots of time).

Alabama vs Western Carolina, 2014 - AL leading 38-14 at half, scores (2) more touchdowns.

Alabama vs Missouri, 2014 - AL leading 21-13 at start of 4th quarter, scores not once, not twice, but three times in the 4th quarter. Yes, 21-13 isn't enough of a lead to back off, so another touchdown was more than warranted.

Blame the committee which has brought Style Points back into relevancy. But putting an extra stamp onto the victory, Ohio St. ensures themselves of a #1 ranking. If it wasn't for style points, teams wouldn't feel the need to run up scores.

Blame the committee which has brought Style Points back into relevancy. But putting an extra stamp onto the victory, Ohio St. ensures themselves of a #1 ranking. If it wasn't for style points, teams wouldn't feel the need to run up scores.

I agree with your latter point, if Ohio St takes their foot off the gas and only beats Wisconsin 35-14 they probably don't make the playoffs.

But what does it matter in the championship game, you only have to be 1 point better. I don't care that they did it but once you're in the playoffs style points no longer matter.

Reactions: salsadancer7
But what does it matter in the championship game...
Helps settle any question of who should be # 1 in the polls the following year.

That said, I don't doubt at all that to some degree, it was Meyer making a point: OSU wasn't supposed to beat Wisconsin, they should have been # 5 in the final rankings, Alabama was supposed to beat them, they had no chance against Oregon...

Reactions: mccoyrj
That said, I don't doubt at all that to some degree, it was Meyer making a point: OSU wasn't supposed to beat Wisconsin, they should have been # 5 in the final rankings, Alabama was supposed to beat them, they had no chance against Oregon...
Sorta like when Oklahoma and Utah ran up the score against Alabama in The Tide's last 2 Sugar Bowls ;)

*note* Alabama really needs to start avoiding Sugar Bowls :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts