2014-15 NCAA Football Bowl season

Not really bulking up, but actually prepping for teams that actually play defense. That requires the PAC12 (and Big XII for that matter) to actually play defense.

The concept of trading touchdowns for field goals doesn't work when the other team is capable of stopping both.

Reactions: mccoyrj
It's not just as simple as that, but you believe what you want to.

I understand why you would be upset about him leaving Florida. He's a great coach and he won a lot of games there. These coaches aren't obligated to stay at one job for the rest of their lives though. Just like anyone else, they move to the best job for them. Whether the reasoning is better money, location, or something entirely different people switch jobs all the time. They aren't signing lifetime deals and you aren't entitled to keep them as your coach for the rest of their career.

If you want to stick to coaching, look at Lane Kiffin, Jim Harbough, Brian Kelly, or any of the other countless coaches who seem to have a new job every 3 years. The bottom line is that, for whatever reason he didn't want to coach at Florida anymore. That doesn't mean he has to retire.

I understand why you would be upset about him leaving Florida. He's a great coach and he won a lot of games there. These coaches aren't obligated to stay at one job for the rest of their lives though. Just like anyone else, they move to the best job for them. Whether the reasoning is better money, location, or something entirely different people switch jobs all the time. They aren't signing lifetime deals and you aren't entitled to keep them as your coach for the rest of their career.

If you want to stick to coaching, look at Lane Kiffin, Jim Harbough, Brian Kelly, or any of the other countless coaches who seem to have a new job every 3 years. The bottom line is that, for whatever reason he didn't want to coach at Florida anymore. That doesn't mean he has to retire.

I understand that. If he would've just been honest about it I don't think all of central Florida would despise him as much as they do, if at all. What he did there the last year and half of his job was inexcusable.

Reactions: salsadancer7
Coaches Poll is out, some slight differences from the AP.

woohoo #7!!! :D

USA Today Poll
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Ohio State (64) 14-1 1550
2 Oregon 13-2 1477
3 TCU 12-1 1408
4 Alabama 12-2 1363
5 Michigan State 11-2 1282
6 Florida State 13-1 1262
7 Georgia Tech 11-3 1136
8 Baylor 11-2 1135
9 Georgia 10-3 1018
10 UCLA 10-3 909
11 Missouri 11-3 907
12 Mississippi State 10-3 799
13 Wisconsin 11-3 765
14 Arizona State 10-3 750
15 Clemson 10-3 733
16 Boise State 12-2 627
17 Arizona 10-4 574
18 Kansas State 9-4 556
19 Ole Miss 9-4 444
20 Utah 9-4 331
21 USC 9-4 297
22 Marshall 13-1 178
23 Auburn 8-5 167
24 Louisville 9-4 113
25 Memphis 10-3 93
  • Others receiving votes: Nebraska 79, Air Force 45, Notre Dame 26, Duke 23, Stanford 22, Minnesota 20, Arkansas 18, LSU 13, Utah State 8, Texas A&M 7, Rutgers 4, Washington 3, Oklahoma 3, Oklahoma State 2, Louisiana Tech 1, Navy 1, Northern Illinois 1

Well time to close this one and start an offseason thread for next year.

I'm already planning my Labor Day game when OSU comes to Blacksburg, will be nice to see them get upset then as #1 on our turf vs #8 on their turf ;)

I wouldnt look too forward to it. Ohio St. will have a couple veteran quarterbacks and looking for redemption/revenge. Me thinks it will get very ugly.

Reactions: Hall
What's the odds that all three Ohio St. Qb's are on the roster next year?
I'm thinking 2 of 3 May be there but wouldn't surprise me if only one is there.

Break up the Big 10!!!
Way to go Bucks. I also don't hate Urban Meyer so much anymore. I wasn't aware of his Ohio upbringing so he's not the carpetbagger that I thought he was.
Born and raised in Ohio ...
Some say Toledo, some say Ashtabula ... I never looked it up.
Ironically, Jim Harbaugh is also from Toledo.

I think your right, but there is speculation gpoing in every which way at the moment.

My personal opinion is that JT Barrett is the best over all QB of the 3.
He's runs the offense much smoother than the others.
People are saying about suddenly the Buckeyes have a deep threat with Cardale in there, but Barrett has plenty of arm strength, Devin Smith didn't become a deep threat in the last 3 games, he's been one all year long.
Smith had 12 TDs this year and avg'd 28 yards per reception.

I've heard rumors of Braxton Miller possibly coming to LSU. God knows, they need someone with a few QB skills. Just a rumor though.

A few days ago, or right after Winston declared himself for the NFL draft, Miller's name was thrown out as going to Florida too....

I think people (media ?) pull these things out of their ass ! I've seen "Is Meyer considering moving to the NFL?" and "Jones thinking of declaring himself for NFL draft" in the past two days.

Did Jameis Winston break transfer news on his Instagram account?
Houston quarterback John O'Korn is seeking a transfer. Was his new school revealed on Jameis Winston's Instagram account?You're forgiven if you're immediately wondering how those two sentences fit together. We'll explain.Winston was with O'Korn while attending Lakewood Church, the church of famous pastor Joel Osteen. The Florida State quarterback and likely high pick in the 2015 NFL draft posted a picture of the two together (and a picture of himself with Osteen) to his Instagram account with the following caption:S/O to my dawg @johnokorn5 the next great QB at the University of Texas! for the great experience of attending @lakewoodchurch and having the honor to meet Mr. Joel Osteen #heavilyFavored
Here's the picture.
10725105_317628355096759_209345006_n.jpg
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-news-on-his-instagram-account-133419743.html

Calls For Ohio State Running Back To Quit College Football Show NFL's Draft Rule Hurts Certain Players http://finance.yahoo.com/news/calls-ohio-state-running-back-161359236.html
Tom Pennington/Getty Images Ezekiel Elliott may be ready for the NFL, but he will have to wait. Running back Ezekiel Elliott announced his presence with authority over the last month. In Ohio State's three-game run to the national championship, starting with the Big Ten championship game, he rushed for 696 yards and scored a total of eight touchdowns.The impressive showing has many believing Elliott has a bright future in the NFL.But while players like teammate Cardale Jones are weighing whether or not to enter the NFL draft, Elliott cannot. To be eligible for the draft, a player must be three years removed from high school — and Elliott is just a sophomore and cannot turn pro until the 2016 draft.This has led some, including Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com, to say Elliott would be better off quitting college football and skipping the 2015 season in order to save himself for the 2016 NFL draft.Whether or not Elliott would even want to skip his junior season is unknown. But the fact remains that as a running back, Elliott plays one of the most dangerous positions in a dangerous sport, and the shelf life for an NFL running back is very short.

Leading 35-20 with 1:43 left in the game, Ohio State was set to go for it on 4th-and-1 from inside Oregon's 5-yard line. Before the snap, two Oregon defensive linemen jumped offside, giving the Buckeyes a first down and the ballgame. Tradition says you line up in victory formation, take a knee, shake hands and celebrate. Instead, Urban Meyer and his Ohio State Buckeyes kept running plays, scoring again with 28 seconds left. "I didn't even think about taking a knee... we play to win," Meyer said
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tim-s...insp_b_6471180.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

What a jerk. I guess class to URBAN Meyer and OSU means rubbing your opponents nose in it. That's one thing I scream at Saban about when he doesn't do it when the game is won in the regular season due to style points. Yet it's the thing I love about him. He never would have put that last 7 points on the board in a championship game. But what else would you expect from a Woody Hayes culture I guess. He plays to win? Does he think there's a 15 point play? Or an 18 point play that could tie him if he kicks a FG? What a liar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts