2014-15 NFL Play-Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is starting to stink. If the officials knew at halftime that the balls were deflated, why did they continue to use them and not bring out the ball pump gizmo?
The balls were corrected at half time.

They were checked prior to the game, and signed off as good. After the Colts linebacker complained (he noticed during an interception), the balls were checked at half time, and found to be deflated.
So, "somehow" between the officials signing off the balls prior to kickoff and then halftime, 11 out of the 12 lost 16% of their air.

So the second half the Patriots played with full inflated balls. It was the first half (and who knows how many games prior) that the Patriots cheated.

And it was in the 2nd half when this happened.....

Attachments

• ponyup.jpg
    ponyup.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: Rey
Go Pats!

Attachments

• p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 112
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 111
  • p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 108
  • p8.jpg
    p8.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 122
  • p7.jpg
    p7.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 110
  • p9.jpg
    p9.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 99
  • p10.jpg
    p10.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Pats1.jpg
    Pats1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Pats2.jpg
    Pats2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 114
  • ponyup.jpg
    ponyup.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 118
To me this is a NON story. Problem is the media and the haters are just looking for anything having a feast over this little story. Yes Bill has done some stupid things in the past that in my opinion weren't necessary at all with the great teams that have resided in NE over the last decade, but deflated balls? :rollingeyes The Pats kicked ass this past Sunday, get over it. Have any of you played with a under inflated football and a properly filled one? Personally I do better with a hard football, throw tighter spirals and can chuck it down further than with a softer football.

Reactions: dfergie and Kraven
Of course you know,this means that not only will everybody be checking what kind of formation the Patriots have on the field each play,now they'll be checking their "balls" too.;) I first posted on this because it was news,but I didn't/don't want to jump to conclusions about the outcome of this as far as possible punishments go because I want to see how it plays out.

I don't think anyone is disputing that the cheating affected the final outcome of the game.
Just that it's cheating, plus how long was it going on for, and did it affect closer games.

Not to mention that their head coach has a history of cheating, and the previous punishment hasn't deterred him from doing it again.

Reactions: cybok0
Why doesn't the NFL provide the balls anyway?

Of course you know,this means that not only will everybody be checking what kind of formation the Patriots have on the field each play,now they'll be checking their "balls" too.;) I first posted on this because it was news,but I didn't/don't want to jump to conclusions about the outcome of this as far as possible punishments go because I want to see how it plays out.

I enjoy reading papers/sites from different regions....i noticed a trend where the haters are calling for BB to be banned from the league.
Personally, I think BB is way too smart to cheat via orchestrating/approving deflating balls

I believe it began several years ago when the rules changes started to favor more offense in the game. QBs are allowed to doctor and use their own team balls within the now famous guidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy reading papers/sites from different regions....i noticed a trend where the haters are calling for BB to be banned from the league.
Personally, I think BB is way too smart to cheat via orchestrating/approving deflating balls
The enemy of my enemy is my friend,which means that BB/Patriots haters will be cheering for the Seahawks.............AND Richard Sherman. Of course I've come out from the start pulling for the Seahawks,I just like Russell Wilson,who Bill Belichick has compared to Roger Staubach.

IMO, all the haters out there are the ones who are fueling the Deflate-Gate issue (yes you NY, Indy and Baltimore). Interesting that no one on the Colts side came out in defense of the Patriots saying it didnt matter because they (Colts) just stunk that night
IE- you dont win too many games by just scoring 7 points!

Am interesting in knowing EXACTLY what happened too. Hopefully its a fair and precise investigation based on proven facts and not speculation based on past events.

If the Pats (Kraft, BB and Brady) knew ahead of time the balls were deflated, I'd be very very disappointed. Dont think its the case but we'll see.

We can't be sure that the ball boy acted alone. Perhaps the NFL investigation will reveal a mysterious person behind the "Turfy Knoll" in front of the Gillette lighthouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)