2014-15 NFL Play-Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
B7629mVIQAAigoB.jpg

As a Colts fan, it was a painful game to watch. The Colts were going down whether the balls were regulation or not. They were simply out-played and out-coached.

I was more intrigued by the finer points brought out in the analysis of the Patriot's use of "Eligible" and "Illegible" receivers on the O-Line. If Belichick tires of coaching he should make a killing as a Lobbyist or Securities Analyst.

I love the cheating defense of "we would have won anyway". Sorry, but cheating is still cheating, especially worse when the same coach was busted before for it.
If you throw out all the points they scored with the deflated balls, they still would have won because they scored more with the inflated balls. They should still be punished somehow though.

I love the cheating defense of "we would have won anyway". Sorry, but cheating is still cheating, especially worse when the same coach was busted before for it.

You should love the excuse because the Colts also admit it... they lost big irrelevant of the pigskin

You should love the excuse because the Colts also admit it... they lost big irrelevant of the pigskin
Problem is, that people are using that to say there should be no punishment.

The game result shouldn't be changed, but personnel (starting with Bellicek) should be punished. He allowed it to happen, so the NFL needs to crack down, especially hard since he's a repeat offender.

Marshawn Lynch fined $20K for crotch grab, more fines await
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-...-crotch-grab--more-fines-await-145340112.html
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the NFL is also considering fining Lynch significantly more than the $50,000 for each of the past two seasons for not talking to the media. Lynch again declined to speak on Sunday after the NFC Championship.

Lynch, along with the rest of the Seahawks, is slated for media availability on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of next week. If he decides to go with his usual repeat-a-single-phrase routine, the Super Bowl trip could end up being a significant hit to his wallet. NFL officials said that each session in which Lynch declined to speak would accrue an escalating fine, with the initial fine to be more than $50,000.
Roger Goodell,you are a total "Swinging Richard." Let's think of all the significant crises that has affected the NFL this year,& you choose to go after Marshawn Lynch as the "most important crisis" that you have to solve? What a moron(Roger Goodell). Rightly or wrongly,whether the Patriots are guilty or not of deflating footballs,people think that the Patriots will get off BECAUSE OF YOU,ROGER GOODELL. Meanwhile,you'll go after Lynch if he doesn't answer a reporter's question with at least a paragraph,relevant to the reporter's question,in a language one can easily understand. There is a major crisis of trust in the NFL right now,& your most pressing need is to make sure Lynch answers questions beyond "Yeah,I'm thankful,& thanks for asking,W(who)TF do you think you are?
That weird crazy dude who made the "Leave Britney alone" video needs to come back & do the same for Lynch.

Last edited:
Problem is, that people are using that to say there should be no punishment.

The game result shouldn't be changed, but personnel (starting with Bellicek) should be punished. He allowed it to happen, so the NFL needs to crack down, especially hard since he's a repeat offender.

So he's guilty by reputation? Like anyone else, am interested in knowing EXACTLY what happened...based on proven facts, not suspicions based of alleged past behavior. If BB had knowledge of it...punishment is in order but he shouldn't be hanged for something a ball boy did on his own.

Marshawn Lynch fined $20K for crotch grab, more fines await
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-...-crotch-grab--more-fines-await-145340112.html

Roger Goodell,you are a total "Swinging Richard." Let's think of all the significant crises that has affected the NFL this year,& you choose to go after Marshawn Lynch as the "most important crisis" that you have to solve? What a moron(Roger Goodell). Rightly or wrongly,whether the Patriots are guilty or not of deflating footballs,people think that the Patriots will get off BECAUSE OF YOU,ROGER GOODELL. Meanwhile,you'll go after Lynch if he doesn't answer a reporter's question with at least a paragraph,relevant to the reporter's question,in a language one can easily understand. There is a major crisis of trust in the NFL right now,& your most pressing need is to make sure Lynch answers questions beyond "Yeah,I'm thankful,& thanks for asking,W(who)TF do you think you are?
That weird crazy dude who made the "Leave Britney alone" video needs to come back & do the same for Lynch.

An an indirect "up yours" to the league... at the next media day, ML should pull an Andy Kaufman, whip out and start reading The Great Gatsby.

Reactions: Bodo Fenrirsson
So he's guilty by reputation? Like anyone else, am interested in knowing EXACTLY what happened...based on proven facts, not suspicions based of alleged past behavior. If BB had knowledge of it...punishment is in order but he shouldn't be hanged for something a ball boy did on his own.
No, he's guilty of being a repeat offender by being previously caught cheating.

You really think a ball boy did something like that on his own? Highly doubtful.
You're already parroting the fall guy defense.

Reactions: cybok0
With this scandal having to have an impact as a distraction for the Patriots,especially with people crying out that,if found guilty,Belichick should be suspended from the Super Bowl,I wonder what the Las Vegas odds are for a Seattle Seahawks victory? I mean,this whole thing is a gift falling into the Seahawks laps. With everybody scrutinizing the Pats,nobody is paying attention to the Seahawks. Marshawn Lynch might not even have to talk to reporters,& not get fined because of it.

Ok,conspiracy theory time,could this all be just a publicity stunt to get more people to watch the Super Bowl? The fact that the two best teams this season,the New England Patriots & the Seattle Seahawks,are in the Super Bowl,shouldn't that fact be enough to guarantee record viewing? Now with this scandal,the NFL is all but assured,record breaking viewership,especially since both teams are pretty much equal to each other & the final score SHOULD(on paper) end up to be close.
Ok,my second conspiracy theory is that this is a government plot to keep us from talking about James Taylor in Paris(I ALREADY have a thread on this topic in the Pit,so if you want to talk about that,see you in the pit,all comments on this thread should be football ONLY).

Last edited:
This actually was the first thought that came to my mind after hearing about the 11 out of 12 balls found deflated.
New England Patriots Disqualified From Super Bowl? Momentum Growing To Kick Patriots Out After Cheating Scandal
http://www.inquisitr.com/1775216/ne...-to-kick-patriots-out-after-cheating-scandal/

The "momentum" is most likely momentum in public polls leaning towards banning the Patriots from the Super Bowl,SOMETHING THE NFL WILL NEVER DO.
The most likely realistic punishments will be a very stiff 7 digit fine,loss of a first round draft pick,& maybe,based on the Bountygate punishments,Belichick & Brady suspended for the entire 2015 Football season,with maybe,but very unlikely,owner Kraft also suspended for that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)