NFL 2023-2024 Season

Well yet another coach who outsmarted himself. Roughly 5 min left in regulation, it's 2nd and 5 at KC's 35. You've got this! Or maybe not. Let's see, you have the best running back in the NFL, he's a candidate for league MVP. At q-back you have Mr Irrelevant who has had a good but not spectacular season. What's that they always say - put the ball in the hands of your best player? Hmm, McCaffrey or Purdy? Gee, that's a tough one - NOT! So not only do they waste 2 passing plays but one is incomplete and stops the clock. What theeee heck are you thinking!? As soon as that 3rd down play started I said to my wife "He just blew the game, KC will win it." Shanahan and LaFleur, 2 of a kind, neither one has the guts to take a championship, they want someone to give it to them. Maybe the Niners should give Belichick a call. ;)

Well yet another coach who outsmarted himself. Roughly 5 min left in regulation, it's 2nd and 5 at KC's 35. You've got this! Or maybe not. Let's see, you have the best running back in the NFL, he's a candidate for league MVP. At q-back you have Mr Irrelevant who has had a good but not spectacular season. What's that they always say - put the ball in the hands of your best player? Hmm, McCaffrey or Purdy? Gee, that's a tough one - NOT! So not only do they waste 2 passing plays but one is incomplete and stops the clock. What theeee heck are you thinking!? As soon as that 3rd down play started I said to my wife "He just blew the game, KC will win it." Shanahan and LaFleur, 2 of a kind, neither one has the guts to take a championship, they want someone to give it to them. Maybe the Niners should give Belichick a call. ;)
Shanahan’s third SB as a coordinator or HC where his team has blown 10+ point leads…..

As a Patriots fan, I think it is adorable people are saying Mahomes came back from a 10 pt deficit. :D

Brady did that (Seahawks) before it was cool. ;)

I will say, a 10 point lead against Mahomes is like a 15 point lead against Golden State. Something that can be gobbled up rather quickly.

In My Opinion, Mahomes should Not have won the MVP award (it was a pre determined choice before the game thou as always) ...

The MVP should have gone to the KC Defense...

They are the ones that Won this Super Bowl.
Thier Secondary in particular.

The problem w/ MVP this game is by the time voting started in the 3rd quarter nobody had really taken it. Mahomes is the default choice, sure, but hardly predetermined. The "defense" deserved MVP, absolutely, but who do you give it to? Mike Pennel for a couple of run-stuffs? 'Introducing Super Bowl MVP Chris Jones with 4 QB hurries' ? Hell, in the first half MVP could have gone to Tommy Townsend for his punting, or Butker for his Super Bowl record FG towards the end of the 3rd quarter.

In the end Mahomes got it, and by the end of OT he'd absolutely earned it. By the 3rd quarter though, the prospects were as clear as mud.

On the San Fran side, I think it would have been between Jennings who was a monster on offense and special teams, throwing the games first TD, and the recipient of that TD, CMC. Pretty sure Jennings would have gotten it.

Reactions: AZ.
Sorry Chris Jones ....
Thats NOT the OT Rules ...

Had the 49'ers Scored a TD on thier 1st possession in OT, Game OVER ...

That is why they took the ball 1st.
They came within 5 yards of scoring that 1st TD and winning it all without Mahomes touching the ball.

Sorry Chris Jones ....
Thats NOT the OT Rules ...

Had the 49'ers Scored a TD on thier 1st possession in OT, Game OVER ...

That is why they took the ball 1st.
They came within 5 yards of scoring that 1st TD and winning it all without Mahomes touching the ball.

No, they both get a possession. Was changed the the Chiefs beat the Bills and Josh Allen never had a chance to answer.

So no, you have the rules wrong.

The 49ers took the ball 1st because they wanted it 3rd, if worst case the teams trade touchdowns and it remains a tie they'd then have the odd possession to attempt to finish the game.

This only applies to the playoffs. What you describe is what happens in the regular season.

Reactions: Yespage
No, they both get a possession. Was changed the the Chiefs beat the Bills and Josh Allen never had a chance to answer.

So no, you have the rules wrong.

The 49ers took the ball 1st because they wanted it 3rd, if worst case the teams trade touchdowns and it remains a tie they'd then have the odd possession to attempt to finish the game.

This only applies to the playoffs. What you describe is what happens in the regular season.
Last I knew, IF the team with the ball scored a TD 1st, game over.

This has changed ????

I REALLY WISH they would Quit changing the rules every year to appease another team.

Reactions: AZ.
How they come up with these numbers is astounding ....

Did they call you and ask if you were watching ?
They didn't call Me ...

How do they know that 73 Billion were Streaming while 12 Billion were on Cable/Sat or OTA ?????

How do they count them ?

I watched the 1st half on D* 4k channel.
Watched the 2nd half on PP ...

How does that count ?

For those that haven't figured out, I just threw numbers out there ... seeing someone will quote me saying my numbers are wrong.

How they come up with these numbers as astounding ....

Did they call you and ask if you were watching ?
They didn't call Me ...

How do they know that 73 Billion were Streaming while 12 Billion were on Cable/Sat or OTA ?????

How do they count them ?

I watched the 1st half on D* 4k channel.
Watched the 2nd half on PP ...

How does that count ?
Cable/Satellite is an estimated average/percentage, always has been.

Streaming is easy to figure out.

Cable/Satellite is an estimated average, always has been.

Streaming is easy to figure out.
I just KNEW someone would tell me right away that I had something wrong.

Actually, you'd think that Sat would be rather Easy ...
Theres only a few ways to Opt out on D* Sat for that type of thing and Most don't know how to find it or where it is.
So, Sat should know.

I just KNEW someone would tell me right away that I had something wrong.
No one said you had anything wrong, you ask how, I answered.

I always thought Nielsen was a bad way of figuring out who watch what.

Streaming is great because you have real accurate numbers.

No one said you had anything wrong, you ask how, I answered.

I always thought Nielsen was a bad way of figuring out who watch what.

Streaming is great because you have real accurate numbers.
I think Sat is alot more accurate than Cable ... Sat has Everyone, Cable there are Hundreds of companies that would have to report.

Most watched telecast in America since Apollo 11!

And now with the Chiefs at 3 wins, time for the haters to form and the doubters. Reid is nothing without Mahomes... Mahomes is nothing without Reid... I'm so tired of the Chiefs winning.

• Love
Reactions: Jimbo