2014-15 NFL Play-Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Break out the disco balls, bell bottoms, butterfly collars, stayin' alive and the BeeGees because some people just can't get out of the 70's.

I was wondering why it took 2 days for the hatred to come out, it is the best thing about being a fan. Especially when it comes from that "city".

Hmmmmm. The steelers have more Superbowl trophies, the Yankees have more world series trophies and Montreal has more Staley cups, the NBA sucks so I don't care about that. Maybe before saying your city is the city of Champions maybe just maybe have more championships in one sport than anyone else.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Wow, where to start? I may be a tad geographically challenged, but I wasn't aware Montreal, Pittsburgh and NYC were in the same city. Also, the NBA sucks? Why? Because you don't have a team or because the Celtics have the most championships and it helps your argument? And finally, I would hope the Steelers have more titles than the Patriots. The Pats have been around since 1960 and the Steelers have been around since Christ was a child. , Then again, the Steelers SUCKED pre-Super Bowl era!

"They hate us, because they anus" :)

I think it's ridiculous that news people are saying brady is better than Montana since he past him in Superbowl touchdowns, Montana was in 4 and brady in 6, imo not better than Montana.

I already thought before this SuperBowl that Brady was already better than Montana. Brady never had the teams that surrounded Montana even until the end there. This win pretty much seals it for me although it's incredible when you think how thin that line can sometimes be. If not for Butler the headlines for the media would've been real different for Brady and unfairly so. Butler is proof that TEAMS win championships,and that is why I disagree with judging great players on rings alone. Of course that's just my opinion.

Wow, where to start? I may be a tad geographically challenged, but I wasn't aware Montreal, Pittsburgh and NYC were in the same city. Also, the NBA sucks? Why? Because you don't have a team or because the Celtics have the most championships and it helps your argument? And finally, I would hope the Steelers have more titles than the Patriots. The Pats have been around since 1960 and the Steelers have been around since Christ was a child. , Then again, the Steelers SUCKED pre-Super Bowl era!

"They hate us, because they anus" :)
Did I say they were in the same city?

I already thought before this SuperBowl that Brady was already better than Montana. Brady never had the teams that surrounded Montana even until the end there. This win pretty much seals it for me although it's incredible when you think how thin that line can sometimes be. If not for Butler the headlines for the media would've been real different for Brady and unfairly so. Butler is proof that TEAMS win championships,and that is why I disagree with judging great players on rings alone. Of course that's just my opinion.
That's because your team had one of the greatest qbs of all time that never won a Superbowl.

Let's again ignore the fact that Jimmy Johnson said ALL teams watched other teams signals. That's the same Jimmy Johnson that won back-to-back Super Bowls in the 1990's

And all teams took steroids in the 70's but it wasn't illegal or morally wrong unlike what Belicheat did.

Elway is also better than brady and I guess I'll be called a Homer but bradshaw was my favorite.

Elway was a great QB to me as well but he can thank Terrel Davis for bailing him out of the " Never won a ring" status. On Bradshaw, to me many QB's would've done the same in his shoes with that unbelievable defense you guys had. Not trying to hate but I was never high on Bradshaw but hell what do I know.

Did I say they were in the same city? Just like Sandra, hdmm and the guy from buffalo.

And where did I say the Patriots had more titles than the Steelers, the Red Sox more than the Yankees, and the Bruins more than the Canadiens? Hmmm, a little hypocritical about reading comprehension aren't we? But I do find it funny that you want to talk about the most successful team in EACH sport and want to leave the NBA out. Fraud much

Reactions: Hart5150
Elway was a great QB to me as well but he can thank Terrel Davis for bailing him out of the " Never won a ring" status. On Bradshaw, to me many QB's would've done the same in his shoes with that unbelievable defense you guys had. Not trying to hate but I was never high on Bradshaw but hell what do I know.
Lol. Plus the great running game, Superbowl 3 and 4 bradshaw did a great job. Superbowl 1 and 2 the defense and running game won it.

That's because your team had one of the greatest qbs of all time that never won a Superbowl.

I would've thought the same regardless as there have been other greats before Dan who did not win one at no fault of their own. So my opinion on that in general was cemented before reality set in that we were not going to be able to give Dan a complete team. Now that you mention Marino, tell me if we had swapped Montana and Marino, if Dan wouldn't have won the same amount if not more championships than Montana did? I think he would have.

Lol. Plus the great running game, Superbowl 3 and 4 bradshaw did a great job. Superbowl 1 and 2 the defense and running game won it.

Yes definitely forgot to mention that great running game.

And where did I say the Patriots had more titles than the Steelers, the Red Sox more than the Yankees, and the Bruins more than the Canadiens? Hmmm, a little hypocritical about reading comprehension aren't we? But I do find it funny that you want to talk about the most successful team in EACH sport and want to leave the NBA out. Fraud much
not fraud not a basketball fan. I don't care about it. Plus how can you be a city of Champions when not all cities have a basketball team.

I just don't think any city can be unless all cities have the same sports that is being used in your point.

I would've thought the same regardless as there have been other greats before Dan who did not win one at no fault of their own. So my opinion on that in general was cemented before reality set in that we were not going to be able to give Dan a complete team. Now that you mention Marino, tell me if we had swapped Montana and Marino, if Dan wouldn't have won the same amount if not more championships than Montana did? I think he would have.
I think if the steelers would of drafted Marino they would have at least 2 maybe 4 more Superbowls. The steelers running game and defense was better than what Miami had then. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Jimbo
Damn someone here sure reminds me of a woman who use to be here. I'm waiting for that person to start praising Cleveland and I would think they all were back.

I think if the steelers would of drafted Marino they would have at least 2 maybe 4 more Superbowls. The steelers running game and defense was better than what Miami had then. Just my opinion.

No doubt in my mind that would've been the case. In the last big contract we gave him, I was hoping he'd leave to the Steelers and get what he deserved but loyalty can come at a price.

No doubt in my mind that would've been the case. In the last big contract we gave him, I was hoping he'd leave to the Steelers and get what he deserved but loyalty can come at a price.
The only mistake noll did, I was so mad that they passed on him.

Obviously everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, but IMO, the greatest ever argument comes down to Montana-Marino-Brady.. Peyton Manning is unquestionably the greatest REGULAR SEASON QB of all-time, and Joe Montana the greatest in the postseason. Brady has also got it done in the postseason, but not to degree of Montana (at least not statistically). Montana and Brady have/had been great in the regular season, but not to the degree of Peyton. The reason I include Marino is because it isn't his fault that he didn't have the supporting cast to get him to the next level I think if he had Peyton's teams, he would have won multiple titles. He was also BY FAR, the greatest pure pocket passer that I ever saw. I eliminate Peyton because you can't have 9 one and dones and be in consideration....you just can't! Elway, Favre, Bradshaw, etc? Meh......great QB's all, but they each lack something to be considered GOAT (stats, postseason success, or whatever). My opinion only covers the Super Bowl era. I never got to see the likes of Johhny Unitas, Sonny Jorgensen, Sammy Baugh, et al. Of course, that was a much different era anyway..

Reactions: Rey
Status
Not open for further replies.