2014-15 NFL Play-Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are those who claim that the Broncos were being deceptive with their injury reports concerning Peyton Manning,didn't the Jets get in trouble for the same thing with Brett Favre?

Ok,so the TE was in the tackle's position,not the guard's.
The NFL Is Still Trying To Wrap Its Head Around The Genius Patriots Formation That No One Has Seen Before
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nfl-still-trying-wrap-head-153817974.html

I told you,the "Puny human,Hulk smash" defensive strategy will defeat this. If he's in the tackle's slot,"he must be a tackle." The only problem here is if a defensive lineman does level him & HE IS an eligible receiver,is that pass interference?

Wouldn't get called for PI because the ball isn't in the air and you can chuck a receiver within 5 yards anyways.

There are those who claim that the Broncos were being deceptive with their injury reports concerning Peyton Manning,didn't the Jets get in trouble for the same thing with Brett Favre?

He was on the injury report with a thigh injury. Not sure there was any deception outside of any downplaying of how serious it was - which isn't a violation itself.

Wouldn't get called for PI because the ball isn't in the air and you can chuck a receiver within 5 yards anyways.

He was on the injury report with a thigh injury. Not sure there was any deception outside of any downplaying of how serious it was - which isn't a violation itself.
Thanks

Shane Vereen #34 reported as ineligible, the referee made that announcement over the stadium PA system for everyone to hear including the Ravens. At the snap Vereen ran backwards, which is perfectly legal.

On the next play the referee announced the same thing except this time he added, "don't cover him". If the Ravens couldn't figure this out than that's on them. That is the facts.

I love how because it's Belichick it's somehow shady or deception, if any other coach did this they'd be celebrated for their creativity.

Maybe Harbaugh should take some responsibility and coach his team and stop complaining. Next he'll be b itching that a wide receiver threw a touchdown.

Reactions: Rey and meStevo
Shane Vereen #34 reported as ineligible, the referee made that announcement over the stadium PA system for everyone to hear including the Ravens. At the snap Vereen ran backwards, which is perfectly legal.

On the next play the referee announced the same thing except this time he added, "don't cover him". If the Ravens couldn't figure this out than that's on them. That is the facts.

I love how because it's Belichick it's somehow shady or deception, if any other coach did this they'd be celebrated for their creativity.

Maybe Harbaugh should take some responsibility and coach his team and stop complaining. Next he'll be b itching that a wide receiver threw a touchdown.
They could have easily had a defensive lineman across from the TE(don't ask me to post his name) with a linebacker in the background. If the TE runs around the DL to go downfield,the LB can cover him. If the TE gets up after getting flattened by the DL going in after the QB,the LB can cover him. What serious changes do you have to make in your line up to accomplish that? Why all the confusion,Ravens?

That's true but what he also did was stop, face the q-back, and raise his hands as if to catch a pass. That's where it crosses the line and if you take note the NFL, in it's statement, only says the reporting and the formation were legal. They are taking a long look at what transpired after the snap of the ball.

I missed the play in question, but did Vereen catch a ball during that play? If not, I don't see any problem there. It seems to be within the rules...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rey
That's true but what he also did was stop, face the q-back, and raise his hands as if to catch a pass. That's where it crosses the line and if you take note the NFL, in it's statement, only says the reporting and the formation were legal. They are taking a long look at what transpired after the snap of the ball.

How does that cross the line? The left tackle could also run backwards and put his hands up, doesn't change the fact he's ineligible.

Reactions: Rey and meStevo
Which section of the rules does that even remotely correspond to?

THAT single play did not prevent the Ravens from winning. They had a 14 point lead and blew it....and Beli-douche(I hate that bastard but respect the $#17 out of him! ;) )made adjustments like ALL great coaches do and the other could not do the same. It if the game was close throughout then maybe...MAYBE that play changes the game. But they were dominating and roughing up the O-Line and driving Brady nuts....and then did not adjust like the Pats did.

Which section of the rules does that even remotely correspond to?
Read them yourself and as for the post directly above yours no, a lineman can not turn around and pretend to be a receiver. Some of you guys need to read up on the rules.

Read them yourself and as for the post directly above yours no, a lineman can not turn around and pretend to be a receiver. Some of you guys need to read up on the rules.
What rule specifically does that violate? 'Read the rules' is not sufficient when you're the one pretending to cite them. What about that is illegal? You're the one making the argument, were telling you that you're wrong, so prove it.

A lineman can't catch a pass or block upfield before the ball is thrown but he can do everything from jumping jacks to turn and call for the ball.

THAT single play did not prevent the Ravens from winning. They had a 14 point lead and blew it....and Beli-douche(I hate that bastard but respect the $#17 out of him! ;) )made adjustments like ALL great coaches do and the other could not do the same. It if the game was close throughout then maybe...MAYBE that play changes the game. But they were dominating and roughing up the O-Line and driving Brady nuts....and then did not adjust like the Pats did.
Actually they ran three plays using that formation. What really hurt them no doubt was that @#$& wide receiver throwing that TD pass to Gronk. How is that even legal? JK.;)

You can be sure that EVERYBODY'S eyes will be on New England to see if they try that play again against the Colts,but the NBC announcers didn't even notice it when it was happening against the Ravens,three times. They did notice an upset Harbaugh go onto the field to complain to the refs though.

Reactions: oldengineer
You can be sure that EVERYBODY'S eyes will be on New England to see if they try that play again against the Colts,but the NBC announcers didn't even notice it when it was happening against the Ravens,three times. They did notice an upset Harbaugh go onto the field to complain to the refs though.
The NFL has had the rule that an eligible offensive lineman (tackle eligible) report in and the officials inform the defense (and the fans) during the 50 years that I've been watching pro football. I remember Bert Bell, former commissioner, saying that the rule was put in to make it easier for the fans to follow and allow defenses to cover the right people. If that is the spirit of the tackle eligible rule I would think that other formations that are deceptive should be handled the same way.

The NFL has had the rule that an eligible offensive lineman (tackle eligible) report in and the officials inform the defense (and the fans) during the 50 years that I've been watching pro football. I remember Bert Bell, former commissioner, saying that the rule was put in to make it easier for the fans to follow and allow defenses to cover the right people. If that is the spirit of the tackle eligible rule I would think that other formations that are deceptive should be handled the same way.
The ineligible receivers were announced by the ref and then 7-10 seconds later the ball was snapped in each of the 3 plays they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)