2014 MLB.TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It worked last year and the seasons before that so I assume it will. They do location checks with your IP address. The physical address for your credit card doesn't matter. Whenever I travel outside of Michigan I don't need to use any location spoofing services. Last summer I spent almost a month in North Carolina and all the Tigers games were all available to me even though my credit card has a Michigan address and I wasn't using unblock. That's one of the differences between EI and MLB.tv. EI uses the address of your account while MLB.tv uses the location information it can get from your IP address.

One thing to note. Devices like the iPhone/iPad that have GPS still use the GPS to determine blackouts. Services like unblock-us won't work on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edit: if you want to wait for confirmation that it still works this year wait for opening day. I already have it all setup and ready to go but MLB.tv doesn't blackout any spring training games so I haven't done an official test for this season yet. Once opening day for the Tigers is here 3/31 I will be able to confirm.

Thanks. Please confirm. I would like to get the yankess and mets game

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just wanted to confirm that unblock-us still works. I am watching the Padres and Dodgers ESPN feed on my Apple TV right now. There is supposed to be a national blackout on ESPN Sunday night games.

Anyone having any problems tonight? I'm watching the SD - LA game on the SD feed and am froze (PS3).

Anyone having any problems tonight? I'm watching the SD - LA game on the SD feed and am froze (PS3).

I'm currently watching the Rangers and Phillies on CSN Philly on Apple TV and everything seems ok to me. There have been a few quality dips tonight which is unusual but no buffering or freezing so far. The quality dips have been short with the stream quickly ramping up to good HD quality.

Thanks for the reply my good bro. It must have been related to the SD feed - I started up the LA feed with never one problem. I bought this service after reading all your reviews and loved the KC-DET game yesterday. If I could just get NASCAR to do a Race Buddy app for Roku or PS3 I might could actually trim the cable them. :)

It's been working pretty well on my PS4. This is my first baseball season out NY Yankees territory, and it's been a godsend for me thus far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm having all kinds of trouble tonight on the PS3 particularly with the Pirates - Brewers. It froze a few times up until the 7th and now it won't load the game. I know it's not my ISP as I checked WWE Network and it's running fine and gave up so I've started playing Battlefield 1943 (no interruptions there either). Kind of pissed - it was a Hell of a game. 4-0 Brewers then Pirates hit a homer with a man on first and cut it in half before it crapped out. :(

http://www.unblock-us.com/

That's exactly what I'm doing. It costs $5 per month but it gives me my Tigers games on MLB.tv in Michigan without a cable/satellite subscription. That's well worth $5 per month to me.

Signed up for the free trial. It works sort of for me. On the ROKU the streaming is very choppy and the PQ is average. On my RaspberryPi running Openelec the PQ is great, streaming is perfect but there was no sound. I expect the sound issue has to do with the MLBMC app which i will attempt to address over on the XBMC forum. At least I know I can use this option to watch the Red Sox. If worse comes to worse I can always listen to the radio announcers and watch the game....

Ross

Edit: I set up unblock-me on a separate router with a different subnet. Cascaded it off the main router, seems to be working like a charm on my Raspberry Pi, sound PQ everything is more than adequate for my viewing pleasure, will double check again tonight when I turn on the RedSox, if I can watch and listen it's well worth the $5.00/ month. It's still more expensive than Openvpn from private internet access ($39.00/ year) but then again I only need the service for 6 months so we shall see. I still may sign up for an open VPN account and see how it works, one month is $6.95 not to bad to just check it out. If I can get a better stream to the ROKU it might be worth it for watching at other than the main TV where the RPi is.

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Signed up for the free trial. It works sort of for me. On the ROKU the streaming is very choppy and the PQ is average. On my RaspberryPi running Openelec the PQ is great, streaming is perfect but there was no sound. I expect the sound issue has to do with the MLBMC app which i will attempt to address over on the XBMC forum. At least I know I can use this option to watch the Red Sox. If worse comes to worse I can always listen to the radio announcers and watch the game....

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

It works ok on the Roku for me but I will say that there have been more quality issues so far this year than normal. They seem to have different servers for different devices. The Roku is in my bedroom and it only gets used after 10:00PM so the peak usage from other Roku users is probably over by then.

I'm lucky enough to have several streaming boxes hooked to my main TV. The Apple TV is my main streamer but it has occasionally had issues with MLB.tv quality dips this season that I never saw last year. I've found that when I am experiencing these quality dips on the Apple TV I can switch to the PS4 or Xbox One and get my smooth HD streaming back. This is starting to happen less and less often so I'm usually fine just using the Apple TV now.

I have had terrible luck this year on PS3. I thought it might be my ISP at one point but everything else like WWE Network runs fine. I have a friend with a PS4 on the same provider having better luck. I'll step over that way soon...

As King3pj stated, they are having more issues this year. Tried watching Ray/Yanks last night and the YES feed was skipping, freezing, pixelating, etc...but on the Rays (Home feed), it was fine... Now if they let us listen to the NY radio feed while watching the Ray's home feed, problem fixed :).

The issues are happening less and less frequently for me as the season goes on but they are still happening more often than in past years.

I had a long on line chat with Roku yesterday afternoon. They suggested that I remove and reinstall MLB.tv from my Rokus and change my DNS settings to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. I did both and watched the YES feed of the Yankee game last night with very little problems. It is a little shaky at the very beginning, but then played very well.

MLB.tv seems to be experimenting with how they handle commercial breaks. I remember occasional commercials in the past but for the most part it has always just been a slate saying "commercial break in progress."

Last night, during the Tigers vs White Sox game they were showing classic MLB highlights during the commercial breaks. I don't remember them ever doing that before. Tonight during the Tigers broadcast they are showing a mixture of TV advertisements and classic highlights. As weird as it sounds I actually kind of like this new approach. I never thought I'd be happy to see ads but it's kind of nice to have something besides dead air between every half inning. Some of the highlights are pretty cool to see too. We'll see how long my attitude lasts on this though. If they start playing the same exact ad every single commercial break I'll quickly want my silence back.

MLB.tv seems to be experimenting with how they handle commercial breaks. I remember occasional commercials in the past but for the most part it has always just been a slate saying "commercial break in progress."

Last night, during the Tigers vs White Sox game they were showing classic MLB highlights during the commercial breaks. I don't remember them ever doing that before. Tonight during the Tigers broadcast they are showing a mixture of TV advertisements and classic highlights. As weird as it sounds I actually kind of like this new approach. I never thought I'd be happy to see ads but it's kind of nice to have something besides dead air between every half inning. Some of the highlights are pretty cool to see too. We'll see how long my attitude lasts on this though. If they start playing the same exact ad every single commercial break I'll quickly want my silence back.

Just as I feared, they are showing the same 3 commercial loop followed by one of the highlights every break. Bank of America, Head and Shoulders, and then Edward Jones. At least none of the commercials are overly annoying and they seem to be switching up the highlights a little bit. We are only in the 3rd inning though and I think I've already seen every highlight they showed during yesterday's game. Like I said, I don't mind this stuff instead of dead silence as long as it's not completely repetitive. It looks like it might be though.

I had a long on line chat with Roku yesterday afternoon. They suggested that I remove and reinstall MLB.tv from my Rokus and change my DNS settings to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. I did both and watched the YES feed of the Yankee game last night with very little problems. It is a little shaky at the very beginning, but then played very well.

That's a West Coast IP I believe - try the Google IP I have had by the far the best luck with that. 8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4

A couple years ago, they did commercials in between, but it was the same one over and over for the game, became really annoying.

208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 are OpenDNS numbers and their offices are in San Fran... I assumed that since Google corp. is in CA also, that their public DNS is also in CA, you know what happens when you assume :).

A couple years ago, they did commercials in between, but it was the same one over and over for the game, became really annoying.

208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 are OpenDNS numbers and their offices are in San Fran... I assumed that since Google corp. is in CA also, that their public DNS is also in CA, you know what happens when you assume :).

Yeah, I remember when they did that but it was pretty short lived.

I have still had tons of issues with PS3 streaming but I'm watching the Jays so it's not like I'm missing much. :(

Everything seems to have cleared itself up for me on both my Apple TV and Roku. I haven't been experiencing any quality dips or buffering lately. Different devices must get their streams from different servers. I noticed that the Apple TV stopped having issues before the Roku did. Hopefully the PS3 won't be far behind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)