Amazon Video No Sound????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

R0ss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
Ayer, Ma
Watching, or attempting to watch videos from amazon on ROKU, great picture no sound????? First time this happened was after paying for a episode of the Big Bmag theory! was able to watch on Tablet just fine. Happened again tonight when trying to watch a Amazon Prime Video.

First time it happened I rebooted the ROKU with no change. I also checked Netflicks and there were no issues. Tonight I did not reboot as I needed to gent something on for my 3 year old grandson...found the same video on Netflicks and it worked perfectly.

So the question is has anyone else experienced this? If so fix?

Thanks

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

Maybe the Roku was set to output audio in a format your receiver (or TV) could not decode. I would look into the audio settings on the Roku and try to see if a different setting worked.

Watched an Amazon movie last night and this morning. No problems. Check audio output as Mike suggested. I had the problem when I took a Roku and hooked it up (via TV output) to a stereo receiver. Had to change from 5:1 to stereo.

Maybe the Roku was set to output audio in a format your receiver (or TV) could not decode. I would look into the audio settings on the Roku and try to see if a different setting worked.
Good idea, but if that were the case I wouldn't get audio on any other app correct? That is not the case it's just amazon

Sent via Tapatalk

Make sure audio is set on stereo & not 5.1 surround. Had this issue myself once & this setting fixed it.

Make sure audio is set on stereo & not 5.1 surround. Had this issue myself once & this setting fixed it.
That was it....odd not the we have watched amazon all that much but never had the problem before and the ROKU has been set for 5.1 all along. Oh well problem solved!

Sent via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts