2014 NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Can the Heat three-peat? I think they definitely come out of the East, despite being the #2 seed.

DateMatchupTime (ET)TV
4/20(8) Mavericks vs. (1) Spurs12 p.m.TNT
4/23(8) Mavericks vs. (1) Spurs7 p.m.NBATV
4/26(1) Spurs vs. (8) Mavericks3:30 p.m.TNT
4/28(1) Spurs vs. (8) Mavericks8:30 p.m.TNT
4/30(8) Mavericks vs. (1) SpursTBDTBD
5/2(1) Spurs vs. (8) MavericksTBDTBD
5/4(8) Mavericks vs. (1) SpursTBDTBD
DateMatchupTime (ET)TV
4/19(7) Grizzlies vs. (2) Thunder9:30 p.m,ESPN
4/21(7) Grizzlies vs. (2) Thunder8 p.m.TNT
4/24(2) Thunder vs. Grizzlies8 p.m.TNT
4/26(2) Thunder vs. Grizzlies9:30 p.m.ESPN
4/29(7) Grizzlies vs. (2) ThunderTBDTBD
5/1(2) Thunder vs. GrizzliesTBDTBD
5/3(7) Grizzlies vs. (2) ThunderTBDTNT
DateMatchupTime (ET)TV
4/19(6) Warriors vs. (3) Clippers3:30 p.m.ABC
4/21(6) Warriors vs. (3) Clippers10:30 p.m.TNT
4/24(3) Clippers vs. (6) Warriors10:30 p.m.TNT
4/27(3) Clippers vs. (6) Warriors3:30 p.m.ABC
4/29(6) Warriors vs. (3) ClippersTBDTBD
5/1(3) Clippers vs. (6) WarriorsTBDTBD
5/3(6) Warriors vs. (3) ClippersTBDTNT
DateMatchupTime (ET)TV
4/20(5) Trail Blazers vs. (4) Rockets9:30 p.m.TNT
4/23(5) Trail Blazers vs. (4) Rockets9:30 p.m.TNT
4/25(4) Rockets vs. (5) Trail Blazers10:30 p.m.ESPN
4/27(4) Rockets vs. (5) Trail Blazers9:30 p.m.TNT
4/30(5) Trail Blazers vs. (4) RocketsTBDTBD
5/2(4) Rockets vs. (5) Trail BlazersTBDTBD
5/4(5) Trail Blazers vs. (4) RocketsTBDTBD
DateMatchupTime (ET)TV
4/19(8) Hawks vs. (1) Pacers7 p.m.ESPN
4/22(8) Hawks vs. (1) Pacers7 p.m.TNT
4/24(1) Pacers vs. (8) Hawks7 p.m.NBATV
4/26(1) Pacers vs. (8) Hawks2 p.m.TNT
4/28(8) Hawks vs. (1) Pacers8 p.m.NBATV
5/1(1) Pacers vs. (8) HawksTBDTBD
5/3(8) Hawks vs. (1) PacersTBDTNT
DateMatchupTime (ET)TV
4/20(7) Bobcats vs. (2) Heat3:30 p.m.ABC
4/23(7) Bobcats vs. (2) Heat7 p.m.TNT
4/26(2) Heat vs. (7) Bobcats7 p.m.ESPN
4/28(2) Heat vs. (7) Bobcats7 p.m.TNT
4/30(7) Bobcats vs. (2) HeatTBDTBD
5/2(2) Heat vs. (7) BobcatsTBDTBD
5/4(7) Bobcats vs. (2) HeatTBDABC
DateMatchupTime (ET)TV
4/19(6) Nets vs. (3) Raptors12:30 p.m.ESPN
4/22(6) Nets vs. (3) Raptors8 p.m.NBATV
4/25(3) Raptors vs. (6) Nets7 p.m.ESPN 2
4/27(3) Raptors vs. (6) Nets7 p.m.TNT
4/30(6) Nets vs. (3) RaptorsTBDTBD
5/2(3) Raptors vs. (6) NetsTBDTBD
5/4(6) Nets vs. (3) RaptorsTBDTBD
DateMatchupTime (ET)TV
4/20(5) Wizards vs. (4) Bulls7 p.m.TNT
4/22(5) Wizards vs. (4) Bulls9:30 p.m.TNT
4/25(4) Bulls vs. (5) Wizards8 p.m.ESPN
4/27(4) Bulls vs. (5) Wizards1 p.m.ABC
4/29(5) Wizards vs. (4) BullsTBDTBD
5/1(4) Bulls vs. (5) WizardsTBDTBD
5/3(5) Wizards vs. (4) BullsTBDTBD

2014 NBA Playoffs 1st Round Schedule

They have a chance but when the season began there were two things I mentioned. One, it's going to be quite difficult to make it to a 4th straight trip to the finals. At some point the fatigue factor must set it. Two, Wade had to be healthy to have a shot. These two seem to be an issue right now so I'll say it again, this is the year if someone wants to knock out the Heat. I hope I'm wrong about all this but I don't think so......

No way this year the Heat win. Pacers will be the East winner this year.
Out of the west will be the Thunder.

They have a chance but when the season began there were two things I mentioned. One, it's going to be quite difficult to make it to a 4th straight trip to the finals. At some point the fatigue factor must set it. Two, Wade had to be healthy to have a shot. These two seem to be an issue right now so I'll say it again, this is the year if someone wants to knock out the Heat. I hope I'm wrong about all this but I don't think so......

even as they are....... LBJ has as much as MJ had most years 1-8.

LOL! Indy might not get past the 2nd round. Mentally, this team is jelly...and they think sitting all the starters for ONE game helped them rest, they are crazy.

PACERS?? LMFAO!!! ONLY reason they got the number one seed is because Miami had no interest in it all season. Even so they almost got it without trying....

The hammy injury that Wade suffered about 10 days ago was a blessing in disguise. It gave his knee a chance...it also PREVENTED him from putting an extra on his legs, so he has been able to BOTH rest his knees and rehab the hammy. He stated in an interview he was better physically than he was last year.

Obviously, the best thing that could happen for the team is to HOPEFULLY get rid of the Bobcats in 4 or 5 games so that rest period is as long as possible.

Indy has the harder course to the Finals, they would have to face EITHER Chicago or Brooklyn in the next round, once they win their 1st round Series.

Salsa the only team that concerns me a little in the Eastern playoffs is the Nets since Miami was unable to beat them this year. Now, having said that I've learned enough in the past that regular seasons don't mean much either way when it comes to playoff time. Miami has proven in the last 3 seasons they can get it done at home, on the road and as a 1 or 2 seed. So, that must be considered no matter how many want to see the King fall.....

LOL! Indy might not get past the 2nd round. Mentally, this team is jelly...and they think sitting all the starters for ONE game helped them rest, they are crazy.

And you think the Heat are any better right now? I don't think so.

Greg Popovich is THE smartest coach in the league. Not a single player on his team averaged more thn 30 minutes per game...not one.

That's because the whole team is old and couldn't do more than 30 mins per game.

Salsa the only team that concerns me a little in the Eastern playoffs is the Nets since Miami was unable to beat them this year. Now, having said that I've learned enough in the past that regular seasons don't mean much either way when it comes to playoff time. Miami has proven in the last 3 seasons they can get it done at home, on the road and as a 1 or 2 seed. So, that must be considered no matter how many want to see the King fall.....

The ONLY team that can beat Miami is....Miami. You put ANY of the playoffs teams at their best and Miami at their best, and Miami wins the series 99% of the time. The only concerns I have is the TOs. For some reason, they just seem to turnover the ball at the most critical points of the game. BUT with that said, I think that will drop because the in the playoffs, the rotations for each team are tighter and you play you very best players more minutes than usual...hence the maintenance programs mastered by Greg Pop and Spo in the last two years.

And you think the Heat are any better right now? I don't think so.

When have you ever seen ANY Heat player telling the media that the locker room has "selfish" players like Hibbard did?

Those are signs of a weak locker room and lack of mental toughness. Miami's whoas have been due to injury to main components. In the Indy locker room, you have selfish player bitching about not making the all star team(Stepheson), also bitching that the teams best player is hogging the ball, then the best player(George) is called "selfish" by the best big man.

That's because the whole team is old and couldn't do more than 30 mins per game.

That is part of the reason...the other part is since you core is older, you preserve because in the playoffs you want you best players playing th longest minutes. Gotta be smart..and he has perfected the "maintenance program" down to a science.

Saturday's schedule

Nets at Raptors- 12:30pm ET (ESPN)- Game 1
Warriors at Clippers- 3:30pm ET (ABC)- Game 1
Hawks at Pacers- 7:00pm ET (ESPN)- Game 1
Grizzlies at Thunder- 9:30pm ET (ESPN)- Game 1

The ONLY team that can beat Miami is....Miami. You put ANY of the playoffs teams at their best and Miami at their best, and Miami wins the series 99% of the time. The only concerns I have is the TOs. For some reason, they just seem to turnover the ball at the most critical points of the game. BUT with that said, I think that will drop because the in the playoffs, the rotations for each team are tighter and you play you very best players more minutes than usual...hence the maintenance programs mastered by Greg Pop and Spo in the last two years.
Of course my friend, the Heat at their best are unbeatable no doubt as its already been proven. Problem is right now they're not at their healthiest or maybe it's all BS ;).

Miami seems a bit more vulnerable compared to previous years. Those teams had something different fueling them.

Year 1- Silence the haters

Year 2- Finish the job in the Finals

Year 3- Repeat

What's the battle cry in year 4 besides threepeat?

Indy doesn't give that same vibe of a worthy challenger ala, say, the Bulls in 2011.

That team was mentally tough- they just weren't physically talented enough.

Getting your a$$ handed to you AT HOME for the second time in as many weeks shows how "mentally strong" they are. Indiana is NOT mentally tough. We shall see if they prove me wrong. But money says no.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts