2014 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lions will play the Cardinals (the #1 team in the league) at Arizona this coming Sunday in what's sure to be the toughest match this season for the Lions. Interestingly, both teams finished in 3rd place in their divisions last year and now both teams meet in 1st place in their divisions.
And Michigan State's Drew Stanton will start for the Cards.

Palmer out for season.

Nothing about AP, MNF, SNF, more games were played than posts in this thread about the the games on Sunday, etc... seems NFL discussion on this forum is just about done outside of some people making picks and the thread posting which games you're getting (that I never really understood :p). I think the signal-to-noise ratio finally got to the rest of the quality posters.

It's not just this forum either, twitter has slowed the discussion on more popular forums I visit also. Not sure that applies to this crowd as much, but still.

:wave

Reactions: Hart5150
I think they're easily in the best shape to rebound that they've been in better than a decade. They had a glimpse of this possibility with Jackson, but that was fleeting no matter what with that team (Palmer is a win-now proposition, not franchise-building IMO). Not just for a season, but for a sustained period. They've got a QB, they need to continue to build around that. Don't get cheap on a coach, make more quality draft picks than misses, etc and the Raiders will be mediocre (a step up!) to good for a sustained period.

Reactions: salsadancer7
I think they're easily in the best shape to rebound that they've been in better than a decade. They had a glimpse of this possibility with Jackson, but that was fleeting no matter what with that team (Palmer is a win-now proposition, not franchise-building IMO). Not just for a season, but for a sustained period. They've got a QB, they need to continue to build around that. Don't get cheap on a coach, make more quality draft picks than misses, etc and the Raiders will be mediocre (a step up!) to good for a sustained period.

Right now, my Raiders "just plain suck". I would GLADLY take "they are not very good" right now over "they just plain suck!"

Cards/Lions who would have thought this one would have some home field playoff implications :)

Cards/Lions who would have thought this one would have some home field playoff implications :)
This will be a test for the Lions, typically the Lions mettle would melt in a game of this importance and they would give the game away with stupid penalties and poor play ... we'll see.

Has anyone ever seen the Lions and the Browns in 1st place at the same time before ?

Just when you see the Browns surging and playing well and in 1st place, a quick look at thier schedule shows they have a very tough road ahead.

The Lions schedule is more predictable with the last 3 games against divison rivals. The Browns, who knows....

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Bad calls, too many penalties, no offense during the whole game, and no defense in the 1st quarter. Keep it up Lions and you'll implode like you did last year...

Reactions: satjay
Bad calls, too many penalties, no offense during the whole game, and no defense in the 1st quarter. Keep it up Lions and you'll implode like you did last year...

The reversal of the punt return after the Cardinals touched the ball was beyond mind boggling, of course you have to expect that when Jerome Boger is reffing the game.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: gms49ers
This will be a test for the Lions, typically the Lions mettle would melt in a game of this importance and they would give the game away with stupid penalties and poor play ... we'll see.

Well, I was pretty close ... sadly.

The reversal of the punt return after the Cardinals touched the ball was beyond mind boggling, of course you have to expect that when Jerome Boger is reffing the game.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
What is the rule for "Downing a Punt" ?
Do you have to possess it or just touch it ?

That was a HUGE play in this game.

Stay classy saints fans.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/16/saints-fan-bengals-fan_n_6167716.html

After watching his team give up another touchdown on Sunday, one New Orleans Saints fan simply had no regard for a Cincinnati Bengals fan's feelings. Tight end Jermaine Gresham had just given Cincinnati a 20-3 lead in the Superdome with his second touchdown catch of the game. Gresham then tried to do something nice and tossed the ball to a woman wearing a Bengals jersey.

But the Saints fan intercepted the pass and refused to give the ball back to its rightful owner, no matter how much she begged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Roberto? There's a canonization movement for Clemente

Former Mavs star, cautionary tale Roy Tarpley dies at 50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)