2014 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with Aaaron Rodgers which became evident yesterday. That team has been having other issues and it's not at QB. This is my point of view from a Football stand point, not fantasy stats.

That Bears/Packers game really pissed me off. The officiating in the NFL is the worst I've ever seen right now. I have never seen so many terrible calls, ones that seriously affected the game too. I'm not complaining as a Bears fan either, the calls were terrible for both teams and impacted the game.

the other thing that drove me nuts is how there aren't more cameras around the goal line. Bennett sticks the ball out to the goal line right before half and they call him short. They have two camera angles to view it from and the one is blocked my a defender. Where is the overhead camera? Look at hockey, they have cameras all over the net to make sure they know when there is a goal.

I love football and the NFL. It's going to take a lot for me not to watch it but quit trying to make me hate it.
The calls were not very good. This thing about not letting defenses play will ruin our favorite game. Safety is one thing but this is getting ridiculous.

The calls were not very good. This thing about not letting defenses play will ruin our favorite game. Safety is one thing but this is getting ridiculous.

Some of these calls had nothing to do with safety are were just phantom calls. The hands to the face call against Peppers which should have been called on the Bears. The personal foul against the Packers when Cutler slid. The defensive holding on the Bears when the Packers were kicking a FG and lead to them getting a TD. These were all BS calls.

The rules which are based on location of potential infractions have become so complicated that it's impossible to call a clean game anymore. Yesterday I learned that horse collar tackles on the QB are legal if he's in the pocket. There was another call which slipped my mind, Eagles-49ers maybe, where something was allowed within 3 yards of the ball or the line or something. Downfield blocking, linemen downfield on screen passes, etc. Defensive holding is more of a joke now than ever since they stopped calling it close after preseason.

When I was a kid the Saturday Evening Post used to run a weekly feature - So You Think You Know Baseball. The rule book is full of obscure situations and how they are interpreted. The Post would present a situation which actually occurred in a game like passing runners, fair-foul calls, etc and in the solution would show the applicable rule. Football is worse than baseball in that respect now.

Some of these calls had nothing to do with safety are were just phantom calls. The hands to the face call against Peppers which should have been called on the Bears. The personal foul against the Packers when Cutler slid. The defensive holding on the Bears when the Packers were kicking a FG and lead to them getting a TD. These were all BS calls.

Those calls you mentioned pissed off a lot of folks yesterday and rightfully so.

Those calls you mentioned pissed off a lot of folks yesterday and rightfully so.

You know it's pretty bad when even Bears fans admit that the calls were wrong and the Packers got screwed. People will say that the calls were bad both ways but that shouldn't matter. The calls shouldn't be made at all. Regardless of the calls the Bears still would have lost, just not by as much.

Reactions: Rey
The 49ers were lucky to win, against an Eagle team that only has 2 starters on the o line.The depleted line is killing the running game, and getting Foles killed literally.Fortunately Lane Johnson comes back next week, starting at rt.Herremans can then move back to his natuarl position of rg.The loss of Kelce and Mathis at c and lg have ruined the running game.Both are on ir set to return, hope return sooner rather than later.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The most BS call in football, and they don't call it anymore, that used to drive me up the wall was defensive holding on a punt before the ball was kicked. 5 yards and an automatic first down. Now they just call defensive holding or illegal chuck on third down instead. There was a makeup call in the Eagles-49ers game that was so obvious that Troy Aikman called it as soon as the flag came out. A bad offensive PI against the Niners was cancelled out on the next play by a ticky tack chuck or hold.

The 49ers were lucky to win, against an Eagle team that only has 2 starters on the o line.The depleted line is killing the running game, and getting Foles killed literally.Fortunately Lane Johnson comes back next week, starting at rt.Herremans can then move back to his natuarl position of rg.The loss of Kelce and Mathis at c and lg have ruined the running game.Both are on ir set to return, hope return sooner rather than later.

The Tobin kid that started on the line yesterday went to my High School and is from a tiny neighboring town. He played at Iowa and worked his butt off to get where he's at. Pretty cool story about getting there.

I made the comment yesterday that it seems the NFL wants to completely be an offensive game.

I hate when my team is on Monday Night Football. 1 less day to prepare for next week, plus you have to listen to Gruden. The only thing worse is Thursday night.

I prefer Sunday 1pm games.

Reactions: dfergie
I hate when my team is on Monday Night Football. 1 less day to prepare for next week, plus you have to listen to Gruden. The only thing worse is Thursday night.

I prefer Sunday 1pm games.

My personal preference for the Pats:

1. 4:00/4:25

2. Sunday Night
3. 1:00
4. Monday Night

5. Thursday Night

I disagree. You pick a team and you stick with it through thick and thin. Otherwise, you're a fair weather fan.
Really ?
Seriously ?

I have followed the Steelers and Lions since around 1968 when I was old enough to know what was going on ...
Your gonna tell me that I can't ?

I think the NFL came out and toid the officials to call the Hands to the face ...
Steelers were called at least 3 times, this is the first time all year I have heard that call made.

The rules which are based on location of potential infractions have become so complicated that it's impossible to call a clean game anymore. Yesterday I learned that horse collar tackles on the QB are legal if he's in the pocket. There was another call which slipped my mind, Eagles-49ers maybe, where something was allowed within 3 yards of the ball or the line or something. Downfield blocking, linemen downfield on screen passes, etc. Defensive holding is more of a joke now than ever since they stopped calling it close after preseason.

When I was a kid the Saturday Evening Post used to run a weekly feature - So You Think You Know Baseball. The rule book is full of obscure situations and how they are interpreted. The Post would present a situation which actually occurred in a game like passing runners, fair-foul calls, etc and in the solution would show the applicable rule. Football is worse than baseball in that respect now.

The ones that piss me off is the way they go about determining a catch anymore.
If it moves at all, its not a catch ... what a crock.
Give me common sense, if I catch the ball and get 2 feet down, it's a catch ... I do not have to not allow the ball to move at all on the way to the locker room ... this call is ridiculous.

The ones that piss me off is the way they go about determining a catch anymore.
If it moves at all, its not a catch ... what a crock.
Give me common sense, if I catch the ball and get 2 feet down, it's a catch ... I do not have to not allow the ball to move at all on the way to the locker room ... this call is ridiculous.
What was that TD catch made by Megatron(I think,I know it was a Lion that this happened to) that wasn't a TD catch,or even a catch at all? I believe that it was 2-3 seasons ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Roberto? There's a canonization movement for Clemente

Former Mavs star, cautionary tale Roy Tarpley dies at 50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)