2014 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was that TD catch made by Megatron(I think,I know it was a Lion that this happened to) that wasn't a TD catch,or even a catch at all? I believe that it was 2-3 seasons ago.
Yup, it was Megatron and it also cost the Lions the game, and I don't remember for sure, but I think it also cost them a playoff spot.

But thats just 1 instance, it happens quite often.

I am glad Adrian Peterson was not playing or it would have been even worse. A pretty good debut by Teddy Bridegwater and a horrible outing by the Falcons defense. On the other hand, the Packers do have an offense after all.
Not sure which team has the weaker defense. Atlanta or New Orleans.
But both team can light up the scoreboard.

You know it's pretty bad when even Bears fans admit that the calls were wrong and the Packers got screwed. People will say that the calls were bad both ways but that shouldn't matter. The calls shouldn't be made at all. Regardless of the calls the Bears still would have lost, just not by as much.
this has been a rough weekend for NFL officials.
There was a play in the NYG/WAS game where the NYG receiver catches the ball takes two full steps into the end zone but he was going backward instead of forward. Anyway, I WAS defender dislodges the ball. The ball goes into the field of play. WAS picks up the ball and is tackled.
The play is sent to NYC for review. Inexplicably, the play stood as ruled on the field!!! HUH?!
The explanation was that the NYG receiver did not "make a football move".....Astonishing.

Yup, it was Megatron and it also cost the Lions the game, and I don't remember for sure, but I think it also cost them a playoff spot.

But thats just 1 instance, it happens quite often.

It was the 1st game of the 2010 season against the Bears when we 1st heard about that "process of the catch" BS or as the media like to call it, the "Calvin Johnson"rule.:oldmad

ESPN is questioning why Tom Brady was taken out of the game when the rest of the starters stayed in the game,what kind of message does that send.
In other news,Salsa,the Raiders fired their head coach Dennis Allen.

It was the 1st game of the 2010 season against the Bears when we 1st heard about that "process of the catch" BS or as the media like to call it, the "Calvin Johnson"rule.:oldmad
And did the Lions miss the playoffs by 1 game that year ?

edit:
Are you sure it was 2010 ?
Lions stunk in 2010 (6 W's), I must be wrong about the playoffs thing ...

Wow, talk about a but whooping. I hope the Patriots play that bad next week. ;)

Patriots play an even better team this coming week but this season has been crazy already. Bucs get humiliated and then go to Pittsburg and beat the Steelers. Dallas looks horrible in week one, especially the defense, and they look like contenders against the Saints. Chiefs are embarrassed by the Titans in week 1 but they look great all around by whupping the Patriots. You would have to say so far, the Saints and the Patriots are huge disappointments.

Officials screw up again last night. They called an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for celebrating in the end zone. The player slid to his knees and bowed representing his Muslim heritage. The NFL came out with a statement this morning saying that the player should not have been penalized.

Unfortunately, most of the coaching staff could not be fired as well. I am hoping Al Saunders is given the interim title. The rumor is they will go after Gruden again but with a possibility that Harbaugh could be looked at, especially since it seems that there is a possibility he will not be coaching SF next season. The question always remains, are THEY interested in the Raiders.

Get used to the games like we have already saw.The Nfl has never had this much parity.Perfect example is the bucs, they aren't as bad as they looked against Atl, but they aren't quite as good as beating Pit on the road.They are somewhere in between, and so are most teams this year.There is definitely no front runner, not even Sea.There are 16 teams that could possibly win the Sb this season.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

NO ON BOTH! How about they get Brady some help? Crappy O line and not much offensive weapons what do you expect? Gronks previous injuries may be catching up to him too. You can't continue to get rid of good solid players and expect to find more that easily. Give Brady some time,a couple of weapons and he'll do his job.

Reactions: BillD1984
Unfortunately, most of the coaching staff could not be fired as well. I am hoping Al Saunders is given the interim title. The rumor is they will go after Gruden again but with a possibility that Harbaugh could be looked at, especially since it seems that there is a possibility he will not be coaching SF next season. The question always remains, are THEY interested in the Raiders.
True, that will always be the question until some things change in that organization for the better. For your sake I hope Saunders is named the interim HC and not Sparano! Raiders have great fans and deserve better than the junk that team continues to put out on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Roberto? There's a canonization movement for Clemente

Former Mavs star, cautionary tale Roy Tarpley dies at 50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)