2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Wednesday's schedule

Penguins at Rangers- 7:30pm ET (NBCSN)- Penguins lead series 2-1

Good game last night.

If Boston doesnt find a way to contain Subban, they're going back to Boston in a 3-1 hole. Subban, right now, is one of the better players in the entire playoffs.
Claude Julien.. former Habs coach.. very well respected and loved in Montreal until yesterday.
Putting out the goon squad out w/ 2 seconds left in the game proves nothing except the possibility of a player getting hurt.
That's bush league and has no place in the NHL. Hopefully he gets fined for it.

Boston...dirtiest team in the NHL for a reason. Whatever works for them I suppose.

Cheers, K

BTW, that little "nudge" Marchand gave Price while he was skating by after the whistle blew... Marchand's lucky Price doesnt have
Patrick Roy's attitude.... Roy would have taken his stick and swung it at the back of that midget's leg...hard.

I'm not going to whine and complain like others.

I mean I could complain that the Bruins should've been awarded a penalty shot for Subban purposely pushing the net of its moorings, but I won't. I could whine about Moen crosschecking Iginla in the neck, but I won't.

Hockey is a physical sport, everywhere else in North America that is understood except there, it must be the culture.

Bottom line is the Bruins need to start better, play more physical from the opening face off.

(63.2) A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player who delays the game by deliberately displacing a goal post from its normal position. The Referee shall stop the play immediately when the offending team gains possession of the puck. (63.5) If by reason of insufficient time in the regular playing time or by reason of penalties already imposed, the minor penalty assessed to a player for deliberately displacing his own goal post cannot be served in its entirety within the regular playing time of the game or at any time in overtime, a penalty shot shall be awarded against the offending team

**There was reasonably doubt here as PK had to cut back hard as he had Lucic and Iginla zero'ing on him.

And all those slashes, spears and cross checks Marchand, Lucic, Chara and Thorton do are ok then?

There's a huge difference between playing physical and being dirty. A hard check is physical, a spear to the junk is just dirty, trying to decapitate someone is dirty. Slashing the Goalie after a whistle is dirty. Lining up your goons with 2 seconds to play is dirty.

One of the big reasons why the Habs are up 2-1 is they dont retaliate to all those cheap shots.

Cheers, K

PS- The culture "here" is winning.

Last edited:
(63.2) A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player who delays the game by deliberately displacing a goal post from its normal position. The Referee shall stop the play immediately when the offending team gains possession of the puck. (63.5) If by reason of insufficient time in the regular playing time or by reason of penalties already imposed, the minor penalty assessed to a player for deliberately displacing his own goal post cannot be served in its entirety within the regular playing time of the game or at any time in overtime, a penalty shot shall be awarded against the offending team

**There was reasonably doubt here as PK had to cut back hard as he had Lucic and Iginla zero'ing on him.

And all those slashes, spears and cross checks Marchand, Lucic, Chara and Thorton do are ok then?

There's a huge difference between playing physical and being dirty. A hard check is physical, a spear to the junk is just dirty, trying to decapitate someone is dirty. Slashing the Goalie after a whistle is dirty. Lining up your goons with 2 seconds to play is dirty.

One of the big reasons why the Habs are up 2-1 is they dont retaliate to all those cheap shots.

Cheers, K

PS- The culture "here" is winning.

C'mon he did it on purpose, like I said I am not complaining it's not the reason the Bruins lost.

As for your assertion that the Bruins are playing dirty, I haven't seen it. But next time you do feel free to call 9-1-1.

Winning? They haven't won since Brandon Walsh and Dylan McKay were graduating from high school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts