2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Unfortunately the Habs/Broons series is ending tonight. Seen it way too many times. Habs will come out firing on all cylinders... Bruins will withstand the onslaught then score the first goal. Habs will just get frustrated and get undone.

Meh I dunno, the Bruins don't have a good history (recently, at least) of Game 6 close out games on the road.

Like him or hate him, you gotta respect he always faces the music (ie- media) irrelevant if its good, bad or mediocre and never gives the ol' "no comment"

I got a dirty little secret: I HATE Subban,but I would love the SOB on my team! ;)

As we say in La Belle Province...... Bon match les gars
( enjoy the game fellas)

Sucks my softball league starts at 9pm tonight, but the park is literally across the street from here so my ipad is still in wifi range

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Cbc just aired an awesome vignette on the history of the rivalry.
Btw, Boston is 20-4 when leading 3-2

The us anthem signer is an 19 year old student

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If the Canadiens come back and win this series, the goal post has to be considered for MVP of the series!!

This will be the Bruins 9th Game 7 since 2008. They are 4-4 in the previous 8, including 3-3 at the Garden.

2008- @ Montreal- lost first round
2009- Carolina- lost second round*
2010- Philadelphia- lost second round (Bruins blew a 3-0 series lead and a 3-0 lead in Game 7)
2011- Montreal- won first round*.......Tampa Bay- won Eastern Final........@ Vancouver- won Stanley Cup Final
2012- Washington- lost first round*
2013- Toronto- won first round*

*- denotes game 7 went to sudden death OT

Tuesday's schedule

Rangers at Penguins- 7:00pm ET (NBCSN)- Series tied 3-3
Blackhawks at Wild- 9:00pm ET (CNBC)- Hawks lead series 3-2

Montreal's good luck charm- Gino Reno (Anthem Singer)

Gino Reno has been a popular French singer for decades...When she first sang the anthem during game#3 in the first round, making her way off the ice, she high fives some players, Habs scored 11 seconds into the game.

Game #4, after singing the anthem...high fived Briere (who scored 2 minutes into the game)

Vs Bruins

Game #3 She sings, she high fives, Habs win

Game #4 She sings, she goes to high five, Gionta turns his back on her (not paying attention). Habs lose.

Fan pressure starts....SHAKE HER HAND.

Game #6. She sings, she high fives Prust.... Habs win.

Ashe's walking off the ice, I yelled at the TV "shake her hand you b***!". Neighbour, watching the game from his deck, hears me and laughs.

CBC Coverage

Too bad some of you folks cant see CBC's game intro. They do an excellent job of intergrating fans of both teams into the opening segment.
Ie- As the camera makes its way through the sea of fans as they introduce the teams, venue, game and Hockey Night in Canada.

Also aired a vignette on past and present Bruins/Habs playoff games.. the black and white footage was awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts