2016-17 NCAA Basketball season

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Today is the first games of the new season.
Go Big Blue!
They start the season ranked #2

Oops, I got my dates mixed up. LOL

Kentucky beat up on Asbury in a preseason game last night 156-63. They were ahead 88-25 at halftime and already had the last player on the bench playing.
All their players scored in the game. If it was a regular season game they would have set a record for most points in a half.

ESPN's family of networks will televise 18 consecutive hours of LIVE games starting Monday evening (11-14) at 6:00pm ET. For you night owls on the East Coast, Florida Atlantic is playing at Hawaii at 4:15am ET on Tuesday morning.

Kentucky had a tough time with their game last night.

Kentucky beat Michigan State and Duke loses.

Saturday's game between the Cats and North Carolina was a fun game to watch. It was everything that basketball at the college level can be and then some. One team had 10 turnovers and the other team had 9. Just a well played game that the officials didn't ruin.

Butler has looked pretty good this year, as has Villanova.

Looking at the landscape right now, the best four teams are: Villanova, Kentucky, UCLA, and Gonzaga. But, I haven't seen Baylor play either.

Wow! Several teams got screwed on seeding. No way UNC is a #1.
UCLA should have been a #1 or #2, not a #3.
Arizona should have been a #1.
Duke is not a #2....PERIOD! #3 at best
Now let's talk about Kentucky.
How does Kentucky get a #2 and not a #1 when they beat UNC, have less loses than UNC,
have less loses to unranked teams than UNC?
HOW??????

Reactions: salsadancer7
Some of the reasoning for choosing teams and seeds are strange. HOW does Vanderbilt and Michigan State get in with a 19-14 record? And not only get in built a 8 or 9 seed? HOW does Vandy have the #1 SOS and Florida, who plays in the same conference, have the 8th strongest or Kentucky has the 23rd? MSU has a 6-9 record against the top 50..

My Orangemen had the 5-8 against the top 50, but three wins against the top 10 and the same record in the last 12 as MSU...using the committee's logic, the 'Cuse should be in. They had the same record last year and they made the Final Four..

I don't get their thinking...

Some of the reasoning for choosing teams and seeds are strange. HOW does Vanderbilt and Michigan State get in with a 19-14 record? And not only get in built a 8 or 9 seed? HOW does Vandy have the #1 SOS and Florida, who plays in the same conference, have the 8th strongest or Kentucky has the 23rd? MSU has a 6-9 record against the top 50..

My Orangemen had the 5-8 against the top 50, but three wins against the top 10 and the same record in the last 12 as MSU...using the committee's logic, the 'Cuse should be in. They had the same record last year and they made the Final Four..

I don't get their thinking...
Syracuse only had 2 road wins all year.

Reactions: Hart5150
My point is not that they deserve to be in. My point is that win as losses should count evenly. Wins or losses should not have more weigh than the other.
Yes they should. If you only win games at home and other teams win on the road which is always tougher then that should count for more.

I thought, overall, this year was the best in terms of teams that deserved to be in and seeding was pretty good. I really have no issue with the number one seeds but what confuses me is the bracket Kentucky is in, especially, to get to the elite 8. If Cats are the number 5 overall, how do they draw Wichita State or a very very good Dayton team in the second round? Then, more than likely, a rematch with UCLA. That is a brutal draw for all of those teams.

My point is not that they deserve to be in. My point is that win as losses should count evenly. Wins or losses should not have more weigh than the other.
Depends. If your in the ACC, your win-loss ratio is completely different than in a conference like the SEC which has far less competition.

Wow! Several teams got screwed on seeding. No way UNC is a #1.
UCLA should have been a #1 or #2, not a #3.
Arizona should have been a #1.
Duke is not a #2....PERIOD! #3 at best
Now let's talk about Kentucky.
How does Kentucky get a #2 and not a #1 when they beat UNC, have less loses than UNC,
have less loses to unranked teams than UNC?
HOW??????
ACC vs. SEC, ACC teams get bonus points for being in their conference the way SEC teams do in football rankings.

Personally I don't see a big difference between being 1-4, as you still have pretty much the same path to the finals. If you can't win as a 4, then you don't deserve to win as a 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)