2016 MLB season

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Season starts Sunday, but for me it "officially" starts Monday at 4pm.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbo
I know they were just "spring training" games but the Jays and Red Sox had over 106,000 in the 2 games at "Stade Olympique" (Olympic Stadium) in Montreal

Montreal NEEDS a team again.....after what Bud and salsa's favorite owner (still living) Jeffrey Loria did to the Expos

Reactions: Bronxiniowa
yup. I remember it was a noon (Central) game in Cincy and the next game started at 12:30.
The Twins ALWAYS started on Tuesday regardless of location.

I can understand the KC/Mets game on Sunday Night Baseball.......rematch of the world series

But the Cards and Pirates in cold Pittsburgh or Toronto/Tampa in the "sterile-dome"???

Tigers have always started on a Monday or Tuesday afternoon I think.
Twins have been Monday the last few years (I guess in case the opener gets rained out they have Tuesday)

Crazy thing....1st day that ALL teams play is Saturday
Yup...Nats have their home opener on Thursday vs Miami...then they take Friday off :eek:

Twins have been Monday the last few years (I guess in case the opener gets rained out they have Tuesday)

Crazy thing....1st day that ALL teams play is Saturday
Yup...Nats have their home opener on Thursday vs Miami...then they take Friday off :eek:
That actually makes sence, but not so late in the week.
It's common for teams to schedule the next day as an off day for a Rain day.

Remember when Opening Day started Monday?
Then ESPN pushed it back to Sunday Night

Now I see there are THREE games today?

I remember when Opening Day wasn't until the second full week of April. No doubleheaders anymore, so MLB has to start the season amid winter weather advisories . . .

Dumb enough that Cleveland (or most cities north of the Mason-Dixon line, for that matter) would be an Opening Day venue on April 4th, but why in the world would they have a 4:05 first pitch? There's more than enough warm(er) cities/domes that would prevent these inevitable postponements due to inclement weather for the first 10 days of the season.

Dumb enough that Cleveland (or most cities north of the Mason-Dixon line, for that matter) would be an Opening Day venue on April 4th, but why in the world would they have a 4:05 first pitch? There's more than enough warm(er) cities/domes that would prevent these inevitable postponements due to inclement weather for the first 10 days of the season.
As for the Warmer weather sites to start the season, I'm all for that, except they will never do that, WHY ? because it would be an unfair advantage to the Northern cities knowing that they will never have a Season Opener at home ... or so it was mentioned a few years back.
Wahhhh ...

The 4:05 start is so those that are working can get to the game (most late, but at least they get there.)
They do the same thing here for the AAA Toledo Mud Hens, opening game is always an odd 4 something time.

As for the Warmer weather sites to start the season, I'm all for that, except they will never do that, WHY ? because it would be an unfair advantage to the Northern cities knowing that they will never have a Season Opener at home ... or so it was mentioned a few years back.
Season openers at home are highly overrated. There's no advantage gained or lost. Each team gets their 81 home games. To me it doesn't matter if the first one is game 1, 6, 9, etc. of the season.

There's no reason that divisional rivals, Dodgers-Padres and Blue Jays (dome team)-Rays should be playing each other the first week of the season. All of those teams should be hosting a series the first week in April.

Reactions: cosmo_kramer
Twins home opener is at 3:05 CDT coming up this Monday

Reactions: BillD1984
There's no reason that divisional rivals, Dodgers-Padres and Blue Jays (dome team)-Rays should be playing each other the first week of the season. All of those teams should be hosting a series the first week in April.
While I agree remember you have what 20 games against your division?
Twins have 2 division series (home openers for the teams) in the next week. Friday against KC and next Monoday against the ChiSox.
But warmer weather teams or dome teams should not play each other the 1st week or so. That I agree with.

Twins home opener is at 3:05 CDT coming up this Monday

That's at least better than this week. Oh, I get there could be a snowstorm in Minneapolis next week or even the week after, but at least the odds go down with each passing day. It just doesn't seem MLB even trys to go heavier with warm weather cities/domes the first two weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)