2016 MLB season

As for the Warmer weather sites to start the season, I'm all for that, except they will never do that, WHY ? because it would be an unfair advantage to the Northern cities knowing that they will never have a Season Opener at home ... or so it was mentioned a few years back.
Wahhhh ...
The Twins have played ONE season opener at home since opening up Target Field (2013) but when they were at the Humpty Dome they usually opened at home

That's at least better than this week. Oh, I get there could be a snowstorm in Minneapolis next week or even the week after, but at least the odds go down with each passing day. It just doesn't seem MLB even trys to go heavier with warm weather cities/domes the first two weeks.
I think ever since the Twins moved into Target Field they have started at 3:05 opening day. The other thing is in April and 1st half of May the Twins play as many day (12:05/1:05) games as they can.

I just looked at their schedule. Their first HOME Saturday night game is JULY 16th! (they have 7 home games on Saturday before that)

While I agree remember you have what 20 games against your division?
Twins have 2 division series (home openers for the teams) in the next week. Friday against KC and next Monoday against the ChiSox.
But warmer weather teams or dome teams should not play each other the 1st week or so. That I agree with.
I agree that the unbalanced schedule does present some challenges, and the Twins moving back outdoors (I'm glad they did :) ) took away another option. You would need 15 different cities to host the first week. Off the top of my head, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Arlington, Oakland, Anaheim, Houston, Milwaukee, LA, San Francisco, San Diego and Phoenix are the obvious. That still leaves four, so I would go with Seattle, Kansas City and then Cincinnati and Baltimore for tradition purposes.

Seattle would be the obvious too (retractable dome)
Tampa and Miami have domes too
Atlanta

Wow, where's my brain?? I forgot that the Mariners had a retractable roof (I think I was thinking of the Seahawks stadium) and I left out the most obvious of all....the two Florida teams

Very, very classy move by the Indians organization during introductions. They had a video tribute to Red Sox manager John Farrell, and welcomed him back to baseball after his battle with cancer. Also, no surprise the always classy Tito Francona greeted Farrell during the intros.

If you are a tmobile customer you can get mlbtv for free but you only have until 4/10 to sign up. MLBTV will be free through the at bat app on smartphone or tablet.

Reactions: CoreyIllini
I'll never understand this .... I really wish we could go back 30-40 years where pitchers were allowed to pitch more than 1 stinking inning or 1 batter in some cases.
Case in point, Tigers game last night .... Verlander goes 6 inning, no hitter thru 5, gives up 3 runs in the 6th, but leads when he leaves the game 5-3.
They bring in Wilson I think it was, he pitched a perfect 7th inning .... Bring him out for the 8th Please, unless he's thrown 40 pitches or something odd like that.
But No, that's not allowed in today's game, they have to share .... just like participation games as a kid. Yuck.
Marlins peck away and would have tied it had the Tigers not gotten 2 more after that, when Tigers brought in someone else for the 8th and some else for the 9th.
They bring in Rodriguez for their 9th, he gives up the tying runs, in his behalf, it started with a bloop and a doub l e off home plate, but got hit hard after that, Tigers went on to win in 11....
Verlander went 6 left with the lead and once agian, doesn't get a win ... thank you bull pen.

That rule however it is written should be changed. If the pitcher goes 8 innings and leads the game and the other team ties it in the ninth, anD your team wins it in the bottom of the 9th, guess who gets the Win, yup, the guy that pitched 1 inning AND gave up the tying run, the reliever.
Not the guy that pitched a strong 8.

[QUOTE="No, that's not allowed in today's game, they have to share .... just like participation games as a kid. Yuck.[/QUOTE]

Has to do with wanting pitchers throwing 95 mph for an inning and being super-extra cautious with pitchers' arms, elbows and shoulders.

anyone get the free MLB.tv premium by using Tmobile?

I bought a $3 pay as you go plan and added a $5 data pass to sign up for it. cost me $11 all in with tax for one year membership and get to watch Cubs

Damn San Diego gets swept by the Dodgers to start the year.....and in the process they put up the goose egg for ALL THREE GAMES!!

well the Brewers get a gift win due to the new "Chase Utley rule" (about sliding into 2nd base)

2nd time this week that the rule has affected a game

So I've been watching some of the Reds games the last few days and Thom Brennaman can be pretty funny. And he tells it like it is

So Thursday's game against Philly and Odubel Herrera is at the plate and if you havent seen him hit, after every pitch he takes his sweet ass time getting back in the box and getting ready. And Brennaman noticed it right away. So during a long at bat Brennaman talks about it with Chris Welch about how the pitchers would get in trouble if they took too long. And he went nuts when the pitcher was ready but Herrera took an extra 10 seconds to get ready (he did this for 4 straight pitches). When Herrera struck out

Brennaman "And he strikes out. THANK GOD!"

so tonight when the pitching coach went the mound they talked about the time clock Welch says "So did you say your goodbye's to Odubel Herrera yesterday?"
Brennaman said "No I didnt. And good thing I', not on that road trip either"
Welch "well maybe by then he'll take less time in the batter box"
Brennaman..."I highly doubt that" :D

anyone get the free MLB.tv premium by using Tmobile?

I bought a $3 pay as you go plan and added a $5 data pass to sign up for it. cost me $11 all in with tax for one year membership and get to watch Cubs
Yes, I just signed up a few days ago. Free of charge for entire season. Downloaded the app on my iPad pro 9.7 and my phone. PQ is incredible!!!! Was watching Cubs last night. They do blackout local game based on your location.

Blue Jays shutout the Red Sox today, and avoid the 3 game sweep. Now the Sox head home and open their Fenway season tomorrow afternoon against the Orioles.

Reds 5-1 to start the season and very well should have been 6-0. As long as the pitching keeps up, they are going to surprise people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)