2016 MLB season

For those who proclaimed that Justin Verlander is washed up and no longer an Ace ....

Think again ....

He's looked very good in his last 4 outings including tonight, another 10K night and pitched 8 strong tonight ... leading 3-0 only giving up 3 hits along the way.

Btw, his last pitch for K #10 was at 97 mph.

Reactions: king3pj
For those who proclaimed that Justin Verlander is washed up and no longer an Ace ....

Think again ....

He's looked very good in his last 4 outings including tonight, another 10K night and pitched 8 strong tonight ... leading 3-0 only giving up 3 hits along the way.

The pitching staff as a whole has been solid lately. If they keep this up they should be able to climb back up the division standings.

Think again ....

Personally, I didn't think he could hit that mph mark anymore, but ... he hit it several times tonight.

The pitching staff as a whole has been solid lately. If they keep this up they should be able to climb back up the division standings.
Yes, they have been getting more consistent of late ....
Rodriguez ... is he Roller Coaster Jones in disguise ?
I know he's a long time star as a Closer, but he still makes me nervous.
Give them a 3 run lead and he immediately gets a 1st and 3rd situation, Tying run at the plate, with no one out, anything can happen.

This Red Sox team is very exciting to watch. I don't recall the last time the Sox had this many All-Star worthy players this deep in the season (late 70's perhaps?), and that includes their 3 championship teams. Ortiz, Ramirez, Pedroia, Boegarts, Shaw, Bradley, Betts, Wright, Porcello and Kimbrel would all be candidates if the AS teams were chosen today (Ortiz, Bradley, Boegarts and Kimbrel would be locks). Obviously they won't all be chosen, but the point is there's a lot to be positive about on May 22 with the 2016 edition of the Boston Red Sox.
They certainly are a fun team to watch!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BillD1984
Eduardo Rodriquez makes his first start of the season tonight for the Red Sox in Baltimore. IMO, his health (or lack thereof) will go a long way in determining if the Sox are gonna be in this thing for the long haul.

Question, If your playing a make up game ... don't you have to use the same players that were available to you at the time of the original game ?

Question, If your playing a make up game ... don't you have to use the same players that were available to you at the time of the original game ?
No, not unless that game was suspended and being continued.

Gotcha, that makes sense ...
Was wondering if the yanks were using Chapman illegally seeing he was suspended at the original time.
Even if the game was suspended he could have still played. If someone was already in the game they had to start the game or be replaced and not be able to go back in the game.
He could still pitch in a game like that too.

Even if the game was suspended he could have still played. If someone was already in the game they had to start the game or be replaced and not be able to go back in the game.
He could still pitch in a game like that too.
Really .... if he wasn't technically on the roster, he would still be eligible ?

So if I have a game that's rained out or whatever, I don't have to play the make up with the same roster .... that just seems wrong.
So if I signed Mike Trout just as a name to throw out there, since the cancelled game, he gets to play in the makeup game.

I'm not disputing you at all, just doesn't sound like it should be that way.

Really .... if he wasn't technically on the roster, he would still be eligible ?

So if I have a game that's rained out or whatever, I don't have to play the make up with the same roster .... that just seems wrong.
So if I signed Mike Trout just as a name to throw out there, since the cancelled game, he gets to play in the makeup game.

I'm not disputing you at all, just doesn't sound like it should be that way.
Yes. He could play.

I can't believe the Tigers went into the series with Cleveland, talking about wanting to play much better and win some games against the 1st place Indians ... feeling they played very poor the previous series against them and are now gonna end the 4 game series 0-4 and drop 4 games further back in the last 4 days.

Well the Reds help Kris Bryant do something never done before. 3 HRs and 2 2Bs in the same game.
Good job Reds.

The Tigers are continuing to do something I don't think has ever been done as well.

I believe the have now lost to the Indians 11 straight game, might be 12, I lost track.

Tigers are actually playing .600 ball against everyone else.
If they had split with the Indians so far they'd be right in the race, only a few games out.

The Tigers are continuing to do something I don't think has ever been done as well.

I believe the have now lost to the Indians 11 straight game, might be 12, I lost track.

Tigers are actually playing .600 ball against everyone else.
If they had split with the Indians so far they'd be right in the race, only a few games out.
Tigers FINALLY beat the Indians this year .... 6.5 back.

OK, I've just come out of my cave, why is the AL the home team? Nevermind, they just explained it.
Edit: That's why you're supposed to ALTERNATE between AL & NL cities? Good grief, is the MLB catching the "NFL Disease" when it comes to rewarding cities for new stadiums?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts