2016 MLB season

What a great idea for parity: Owner holds a gun to commissioner's head and says, "We can't compete in this division -- move us to XXXX or we sue."

Why?
You enjoy seeing a pitcher hit or a pitcher is having a good game but they get taken out in the 5th for a PH because its a 1-1 game and there is a guy on 1st?
It is all about strategy. Maybe they leave the pitcher in longer because he is doing good and let him hit and then he gets a hit. It's exciting.

Its boring as hell!

When you have former pitchers talk how boring it is (Bert Byleven actually RETIRED because he hated pitching in the National League) it must be boring

I'd rather see our new guy Park or Mauer (they alternate as DH) hit then our pitcher.

Reds get no-hit last night. Most runs scored by a team that no-hits another team in the World Series era of MLB. UGH!

So listening to the Twins game and instead of hearing Byung Ho Park possibly crank one into the stands I have to hear about Phil Hughes taking three pitches in a row without even taking the bat off of his shoulder because Park isn't in the lineup due to no DH.

NL baseball.....try and stay awake.

Twins get swept in DC
lose 6-5 in 16 innings!!

Oh well...now we can go back to "real" baseball (with the DH) until August

In high school, Babe Ruth and American Legion ball, the pitcher plays shortstop or center field when he's not pitching, and is one of the best hitters. Bang! Gets into a league that uses the DH and his bat skills stultify. Just let pitchers continue to bat throughout their development, and the world would be a better place. :)

in college they dont bat. There is a DH

I guess I'd rather see a guy get up there who can crank one out of the park....then my scrawny pitcher get up there who most likely will strike out or bunt

Bronx has a point, if they would allow these players that are the Top players when young, continue to bat while pitching, if they are the best player and can continue to be good to continue to bat and be respectable, why not.

There ARE some good hitting pitchers over there.

Iceberg points out that college seems to be the Iron Curtain barrier to good-hitting pitchers, since so many players are being drafted out of college now. It seems that pitchers get onto college teams being good hitters, but they stop batting when they get to college, unless their coaches play them in other positions on nonpitching days. By the time the players reach pro ball, they've lost their batting skills. Guess we need to start lobbying the NCAA to eliminate the DH.

Iceberg points out that college seems to be the Iron Curtain barrier to good-hitting pitchers, since so many players are being drafted out of college now. It seems that pitchers get onto college teams being good hitters, but they stop batting when they get to college, unless their coaches play them in other positions on nonpitching days. By the time the players reach pro ball, they've lost their batting skills. Guess we need to start lobbying the NCAA to eliminate the DH.
Good luck with that ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts