2016 NCAA football discussion thread

Lots of wishful thinking there.
In the last week for a team to jump from 10 ish into the top 4 would be ridiculous ...

Not ridiculous at all really.. #10 beating a #1 or #2 - its happened many times this year so far that a team has beaten a top 5 team and jumped way high. Very possible but they need help and some teams to lose for sure.

Sadly it looks like College football has invaded the Friday Night High School game.

Just read an article that I think it said in 17 they will start scheduling regular Friday games ... no, not all teams will start playing on Fridays, from what I took from it, for example Ohio STATE will be forced to play a Friday night game at least once in 3 years ... ( I used the word Forced, not them).

I hope ALL Friday night college games get Boycotted and have very low ratings.
It's all about the Money and the new TV contracts.

I love Thursday night and Friday night games.. love it!!

I for one HATE the idea of it. Monday and sunday for the pros. Thursday (which I am also NOT a fan of, but it is what it is and some less prestigious schools benefit from it I suppose ) and Saturday for College. Friday for high school.

Sorry but I don't see a Thursday night game as a way for a "less prestigious school" to get any benefit. Now I'm going to say this but that does not mean they are lesser of any other school....but VT has played the most Thursday night games aside from I think GT maybe tied now but VT fans love it... the other year when our old AD signed off on a schedule that didn't include our Thursday night home game there was much much anger.. he stated he was listening to some people (Older people) that found it hard to get to the game and work the next day... so fn what!!! deal with it is what I said and so did thousands of letters that went to him to get it back. Its back and here to stay according to the new AD.

Now I'm sure fans would be open to the idea of saturday games as a whole but there needs to be a few night games in there and for some odd reason ESPN doesn't rotate sat night games around to everyone as often as they should regardless of poll numbers.
Also the old AD whom is long gone thank god... didn't like Sat night games as he said it gave the students more time to get in trouble/drinking or whatever which was BS as well.

Sorry but I don't see a Thursday night game as a way for a "less prestigious school" to get any benefit. Now I'm going to say this but that does not mean they are lesser of any other school....but VT has played the most Thursday night games aside from I think GT maybe tied now but VT fans love it... the other year when our old AD signed off on a schedule that didn't include our Thursday night home game there was much much anger.. he stated he was listening to some people (Older people) that found it hard to get to the game and work the next day... so fn what!!! deal with it is what I said and so did thousands of letters that went to him to get it back. Its back and here to stay according to the new AD.

Now I'm sure fans would be open to the idea of saturday games as a whole but there needs to be a few night games in there and for some odd reason ESPN doesn't rotate sat night games around to everyone as often as they should regardless of poll numbers.
Also the old AD whom is long gone thank god... didn't like Sat night games as he said it gave the students more time to get in trouble/drinking or whatever which was BS as well.
GT fans HATE Thursday night games. Atlanta is a nightmare driving into on weekdays.

The only reason Tech plays them, is they don't command the power to tell ESPN to go to hell, which most of the SEC did when ESPN asked them to play Thursday night games.

GT fans HATE Thursday night games. Atlanta is a nightmare driving into on weekdays.

The only reason Tech plays them, is they don't command the power to tell ESPN to go to hell, which most of the SEC did when ESPN asked them to play Thursday night games.

VT plays them cause they love it, fans love it. I didn't get home till 2-3am from the other thursday night and went to work next day loving every bit of it.

Don't care what the SEC says or does.. these night games in fact having one every weeknight up till weekend like last week has been awesome!

Speaking of SEC - A&M going down --- I see lots of upsets today and over the next few weeks.

ND got beat by Navy - so they won't get a bowl game this year as I can say that VT and USC should likely beat in the coming weeks.

Looking for a secondary game to watch, Michigan might put up 70 today, catch a little Florida/Arkansas

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Pulling for Ark hard to pull this upset get Florida out of the way too. Also looks like Baylor is in some hurt with TCU putting it up on them.
KS St seems to be giving Okla st some fits too.
Nebraska is on my pull for list tonight as is LSU.

ATM should never have been up at #4, above an unranked Washington. College Ranking Committee should have long seen that the SEC is in a really down year this year, and ATM really doesn't have many victories of note.
Them losing to an awful fake Bulldog team should show them that.

Beyond Alabama, the league is very bad. Hard to think that about the SEC, but this year it's pretty much true.

Pulling for Ark hard to pull this upset get Florida out of the way too. Also looks like Baylor is in some hurt with TCU putting it up on them.
KS St seems to be giving Okla st some fits too.
Nebraska is on my pull for list tonight as is LSU.
These are all upsets ?

Of course your a Cornhusker fan tonight.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say your a Maryland fan next week too. :facepalm

For a team your team beat several years back, you sure have a lot of hate for them.

I hope my game is a blow out as well. :)

Either way, of course I want one on my side of things, if the Buckeyes blow out Nebraska (17 point favorite, can't imagine why they are 17 point favorite) that doesn't happen when both teams are in the top 10 usually.
An impressive win for the Buckeye is a good thing for them and thier fans and the playoff committee.
A lose and they are done for the year, with only chance to do anything is ruin another teams season.

Pulling for Ark hard to pull this upset get Florida out of the way too.
Who's way is Florida in?
They've already locked up the East.

If you're thinking they're in VPI's way, doubtfull, as a 2-loss Hokie team is not getting into the playoffs.
And shouldn't you be worrying about Duke instead?

Actually Florida loss helps Kentucky who is mathematically still in the run for the east

I agree that tech has no shot at the playoffs unless college football implodes.

Even with two losses Florida might have an argument over tech

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

What hurts VPI is Clempson & Louisville. One of them is getting into the playoffs, if not both. There's no way the committee picks VPI over both of them.

If the Hokies did beat the Tigers in the ACC Championship game, then it would be the Cardinals going to the playoffs with a single loss over the 2-loss Hokies.
Especially with several other 1 loss teams still out there, a couple of which are in the SEC and Big Ten.

Actually Florida loss helps Kentucky who is mathematically still in the run for the east
Who'd have thought Kentucky would be in the running this late in the season.

If they beat Georgia tonight, and LSU later takes down Florida, all they have to do is beat Tennessee and they're going to Atlanta.

These are all upsets ?

Of course your a Cornhusker fan tonight.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say your a Maryland fan next week too. :facepalm

For a team your team beat several years back, you sure have a lot of hate for them.

Lol sorry jimbo but nothing against you I just can't stand OSU, Boise St, USC and while I dislike Alabama I'll give them some pats on the back every so often but tonight pulling against them.

As for Maryland - ehh didn't care for how they left the ACC so nope not pulling for them but hey if they pull off a win I'll give a thumbs up. :p

Who's way is Florida in?
They've already locked up the East.

If you're thinking they're in VPI's way, doubtfull, as a 2-loss Hokie team is not getting into the playoffs.
And shouldn't you be worrying about Duke instead?

Not worried about Duke - not a high flying win but a win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)