2016 NCAA football discussion thread

What hurts VPI is Clempson & Louisville. One of them is getting into the playoffs, if not both. There's no way the committee picks VPI over both of them.

If the Hokies did beat the Tigers in the ACC Championship game, then it would be the Cardinals going to the playoffs with a single loss over the 2-loss Hokies.
Especially with several other 1 loss teams still out there, a couple of which are in the SEC and Big Ten.

Well I'm not saying it could happen but if VT beat Clemson whom could be still #2 or even #1 by that game with a VT team that could MAYBE be around #10 at that time...many teams including Florida that needs to get out the way which they did today..well you have the ACC Champ whom was perhaps #10 again beating that top ranked team - to me that is an automatic jump to #4 even with 2 losses and should go over LV whom was beaten by Clemson and VT beating Clemson AND being a Conf champ which will hold lots of water to the playoff Comm.

You should not play in the playoff without winning your conference... plain and simple!

Bama proved that sometimes the best team doesn't win the conference.

Most of the time I would agree, but occasionally not winning the conference shouldn't keep you out. Other factors should be in play.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbo
Personally I want the four best teams to play. I don't care if all of them are from one conference or from one division.

I want to see the best. Not the best against a winner if a team that happened to win against inferior teams.

I'm sure this bama LSU game is "boring " to some because of the score, but if so I don't see why. This is another defense and special teams classic to this point.

Smash mouth football.

You may not agree with my conference winning to get into playoff but you can admit that if the situation happens as I described that is how it should play out regardless due to the win vs lose to that high ranked team with that high of a poll # prior to.

I'm sure this bama LSU game is "boring " to some because of the score, but if so I don't see why. This is another defense and special teams classic to this point.

Smash mouth football.

They are playing? Ohh didn't notice flipped it to a game that had some scoring going on lol

Then you're missing a hell of a game. Defense wins championships. This is the .most exciting game I've watched this season

Ugg I heard that same thing the last snore fest they had... while I admit that you need defense to win championships cause well I know all too well how great VT's defense has been over the years but without some kinda spark of offense it does get boring.
It is great to see a defensive move do a pick 6 or scoop and score though.

:blah So exciting I decided to turn a movie on. Figured watching The Replacements I would at least see a touchdown. :hiding :oldlaugh
Well your team is in the big 12, you don't see defense all that often, so it's a foreign concept and different. I get it.

:D

I'm flipping back and forth - I had it on the Nebraska game too but well Nebraska just didn't show up tonight, the last many games I've watched of them they played 200% better than they have tonight so on to Washington/CAL game instead. GO CAL! :D

Well your team is in the big 12, you don't see defense all that often, so it's a foreign concept and different. I get it.

:D

Au contraire. Pokes are 4th in the nation in turnover margin. I could be wrong but pretty sure blocked punts, blocked kicks and interceptions are part of the Defense.

Well I'm not saying it could happen but if VT beat Clemson whom could be still #2 or even #1 by that game with a VT team that could MAYBE be around #10 at that time...many teams including Florida that needs to get out the way which they did today..well you have the ACC Champ whom was perhaps #10 again beating that top ranked team - to me that is an automatic jump to #4 even with 2 losses and should go over LV whom was beaten by Clemson and VT beating Clemson AND being a Conf champ which will hold lots of water to the playoff Comm.

You should not play in the playoff without winning your conference... plain and simple!
You really think a 2 loss Va Tech team could/would get into the playoffs over a 1 loss team, regardless of conference ?

Smash mouth football.

Me and a friend were discussing the same thing, scoreless game late and we were saying that it was a very good game. of course we couldn't see all of it, but we did flip over on commercials and once the Buckeyes game was out of reach.

Ugg I heard that same thing the last snore fest they had... while I admit that you need defense to win championships cause well I know all too well how great VT's defense has been over the years but without some kinda spark of offense it does get boring.
It is great to see a defensive move do a pick 6 or scoop and score though.
Oh, you do like my Buckeyes lol.
They play great Defense and have a lot of interceptions and defensive TD's this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts