2016 NCAA football discussion thread

VT was thought to be a push over a few years ago and came into OSU's home stadium and spanked them... granted the next year OSU did the same soon as QB went out. VT was good enough then and is good enough this year I'm sure to beat them again - on their home field if need be. Don't count the Hokies out.

LV is a good team and its all about who you lost to THEN vs now anyway yet they continue to win and win big at times.
We can only speculate who would beat who from this point on as who would have thought that OSU would have lost to Penn St that night, or who would have thought that any upset would happen...it happens on any given saturday.

Ohh this is a good read on who's still on the fence for a playoff bid.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-dropped-college-football-playoff-contention

Poor Washington...they can't catch a break.
Washington's problem is the conference isn't all that good thus the teams they are playing are not drawing much respect for them.

You can only play and beat who you are scheduled.
But you have full control over who you play OOC. Just ask Baylor.

As for conference schedule, Stanford, USC, and Oregon aren't typically weak teams.

Not like they play in the ACC Coastal with the likes of Duke, Virginia, Ga Tech, *cough*Syracuse*cough* :D

But you have full control over who you play OOC. Just ask Baylor.

As for conference schedule, Stanford, USC, and Oregon aren't typically weak teams.

Not like they play in the ACC Coastal with the likes of Duke, Virginia, Ga Tech, *cough*Syracuse*cough* :D
Would you like some Water for that Cough !

Reactions: Derwin0
You keep saying that Louisville should be ahead of OSU based on who they lost to, OSU lost to a very much improving Penn State team, hence thier climb in the polls.
Penn St. is currently a #12 team, which is how the committee sees them, and considers them to have been when they beat Ohio St.

As it is, the winner of Ohio St. / Michigan (barring losing the conference championship game) will be in the 4-team playoff.

The only monkey wrench is if Ohio St. does beat Michigan, then there is a 3-way tie in the East between Ohio St, Michigan, and Penn St.

As their conference records will be identicle, with a one loss round robin between the three of them, it goes to the tie breaker of last resort, which is a random draw.
http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/archive/081011aaa.html

This depends on what "exempted opponents" in tie breaker #5 stands for. In most conferences, it means OOC games. Not sure of the Big Ten's definition. The key to avoiding a random draw, is if Pitt is considered an "exempt opponent" or not.

Penn St. is currently a #12 team, which is how the committee sees them, and considers them to have been when they beat Ohio St.

As it is, the winner of Ohio St. / Michigan (barring losing the conference championship game) will be in the 4-team playoff.

The only monkey wrench is if Ohio St. does beat Michigan, then there is a 3-way tie in the East between Ohio St, Michigan, and Penn St.

As their conference records will be identicle, with a one loss round robin between the three of them, it goes to the tie breaker of last resort, which is a random draw.

This depends on what "exempted opponents" in tie breaker #5 stands for. In most conferences, it means OOC games. Not sure of the Big Ten's definition. The key to avoiding a random draw, is if Pitt is considered an "exempt opponent" or not.

Whats even more interesting is IF Michigan should happen to lose before the OSU game .... Then Penn State has the division lead based on having the same record as Ohio State and beating them .... So, as odd as it may seam, Buckeye fans are currently hoping Michgan actually Wins thier games up to THE GAME.

Says the person that railed on OSU schedule the last few years.

Yep I railed on them for good reason... same that I'm going to say that todays polls are wrong - OSU shouldn't have been ahead of LV if you base it on who they lost to. Penn St getting #10 isn't really where I would put them after just that one big win.. I figured no higher than 17th for them looking at their schedule.
I'm content with VT at 14th at this point...nothing wrong there since apparently putting them that high the losses they have clearly doesn't hurt them and the comm knows they are a very good team.
I'm ok with #1, #2 and #3... but I'm not worried about OSU so long as they lose to Michigan, I like Michigan this year and how they are playing.
LV won't move up any more with who they have left on schedule...if anything they will fall but today I felt they deserved to be at #5.

Lol dog it if you want.. Syracuse happened but I feel that Syracuse is a better team than Penn St.

And give me a break on scheduling - VT has scheduled tough out of conf teams for years opening up against big teams year after year after year.. they may have lost many but at least they stepped up. IF you don't recognize that then you have issues cause you know its true.

Yep I railed on them for good reason... same that I'm going to say that todays polls are wrong - OSU shouldn't have been ahead of LV if you base it on who they lost to. Penn St getting #10 isn't really where I would put them after just that one big win.. I figured no higher than 17th for them looking at their schedule.
I'm content with VT at 14th at this point...nothing wrong there since apparently putting them that high the losses they have clearly doesn't hurt them and the comm knows they are a very good team.
I'm ok with #1, #2 and #3... but I'm not worried about OSU so long as they lose to Michigan, I like Michigan this year and how they are playing.
LV won't move up any more with who they have left on schedule...if anything they will fall but today I felt they deserved to be at #5.
Boy, the rest of the country is happy that you alone are not the one picking the top 4 teams ....
OSU shouldn't have been ahead of LV based on who they lost to ?

How about if they are based on who they have BEAT ....
So far the Buckeyes have BEAT 4 Top 14 teams, each were higher when they played them and have #2 Michigan to go yet (and Mich St, who normally is a top 12 team, but not this year). Going into the season MSU was my top concern, now we see they have dropped off, but I expect them to play Ohio State very tough, why not, with the incentive that they could once again ruin thier season.

Its quite amazing how you can just pick up teams you like and down grade others on your whims.

Where are the Big time Wins for Louisville ?
They beat an overrated FSU team They like some others are having a down year for them.
They lost to Clemson
Who have they beat to be rated in the top 10 even ?
The reason they are up there is because they have a QB that everyone is hyping.
The QB is very good, but as a whole I wouldn't have them in the top 4 at all, probably in the top 10, but in the back half of it.

Gotta love how you decide to pick a team you think can beat the Buckeyes to root for ....

What happened to your Va Tech team ? Where are they ?

Lol dog it if you want.. Syracuse happened but I feel that Syracuse is a better team than Penn St.

And give me a break on scheduling - VT has scheduled tough out of conf teams for years opening up against big teams year after year after year.. they may have lost many but at least they stepped up. IF you don't recognize that then you have issues cause you know its true.
OMG, you got me laughing to loud that I had to put down my beverage.

Syracuse ?
The same Syracuse team that doesn't show up in ANY of the top 25, not even in the Others receiving votes section ?

Whats even more interesting is IF Michigan should happen to lose before the OSU game .... Then Penn State has the division lead based on having the same record as Ohio State and beating them .... So, as odd as it may seam, Buckeye fans are currently hoping Michgan actually Wins thier games up to THE GAME.
Does having to root for Michigan make you die a little inside? ;)

Reactions: satjay
Does having to root for Michigan make you die a little inside? ;)
A little.

I look at it this way, IF M does lose a game before ours, shame on them, they play a 4 loss Iowa team and a 4 loss Indiana next.

Its really kinda hard to compare what one team does against another seeing the teams ebb and flow of the season.
M fans like to do this alot.

OSU's struggle was in a 3 game stretch against Wisconsin, as we know, Wisconsin is a very good team, Penn State, the Buckeyes loss ... PSU has continued to get better as the season has gone along, M played them the 1st game of the Big Ten schedule (and beat them handily).
The Buckeyes only other close game was against Northwestern, a team that M doesn't play this year.

M's closest games were against Wisconsin, winning 14-7, Ohio State beat them in OT 30-23, also against Michigan State winning 32-23, Ohio State plays them in 2 weeks.
I expect MSU to come out and play very well, seeing they have the ability to ruin the season, once again for OSU.

OMG, you got me laughing to loud that I had to put down my beverage.

Syracuse ?
The same Syracuse team that doesn't show up in ANY of the top 25, not even in the Others receiving votes section ?

They have been playing pretty well lately , they've only won 4 games but they have been playing well...not great but good enough. I give props where they are deserved...how many Syracuse games have you watched?

Boy, the rest of the country is happy that you alone are not the one picking the top 4 teams ....
OSU shouldn't have been ahead of LV based on who they lost to ?

How about if they are based on who they have BEAT ....
So far the Buckeyes have BEAT 4 Top 14 teams, each were higher when they played them and have #2 Michigan to go yet (and Mich St, who normally is a top 12 team, but not this year). Going into the season MSU was my top concern, now we see they have dropped off, but I expect them to play Ohio State very tough, why not, with the incentive that they could once again ruin thier season.

Its quite amazing how you can just pick up teams you like and down grade others on your whims.

Where are the Big time Wins for Louisville ?
They beat an overrated FSU team They like some others are having a down year for them.
They lost to Clemson
Who have they beat to be rated in the top 10 even ?
The reason they are up there is because they have a QB that everyone is hyping.
The QB is very good, but as a whole I wouldn't have them in the top 4 at all, probably in the top 10, but in the back half of it.

Gotta love how you decide to pick a team you think can beat the Buckeyes to root for ....

What happened to your Va Tech team ? Where are they ?

I'm not sure why you are leaning on me here I'm just talking CFB... I dislike OSU doesn't mean I don't like you Jimbo so not sure why you seem upset.
I'm not concerned with who they beat more so than who they lost to. LV won't move up though since they don't appear to have the remaining SOS to do so which I do admit that OSU has a stronger remaining SOS.
I'm not picking up teams and downgrading anyone based on any whims..I've tried to watch as many games as I can each week, look at stats, news and highlights as best as I can to at least stay somewhat educated on how the teams are performing. I don't think FSU is overrated at all, they do have some issues but seem to be in an ok spot in the polls.

I'm just picking Michigan to root for cause they will beat OSU - I've really enjoyed how Coach Harb coaches even before he moved to college coaching from the NFL.

My VATech Team is #14 with only two losses and the perfect inside track to win out move into the top 10 and maybe upset the #2 or #1 team at the time in Clemson in the ACC Title game thus winning the Conference. Hmm a top 10 team beating the #1 or #2 team AND having a conf champ title could mean something.... I wonder.

I'm not sure why you are leaning on me here I'm just talking CFB... I dislike OSU doesn't mean I don't like you Jimbo so not sure why you seem upset.
I'm not concerned with who they beat more so than who they lost to. LV won't move up though since they don't appear to have the remaining SOS to do so which I do admit that OSU has a stronger remaining SOS.
I'm not picking up teams and downgrading anyone based on any whims..I've tried to watch as many games as I can each week, look at stats, news and highlights as best as I can to at least stay somewhat educated on how the teams are performing. I don't think FSU is overrated at all, they do have some issues but seem to be in an ok spot in the polls.

I'm just picking Michigan to root for cause they will beat OSU - I've really enjoyed how Coach Harb coaches even before he moved to college coaching from the NFL.

My VATech Team is #14 with only two losses and the perfect inside track to win out move into the top 10 and maybe upset the #2 or #1 team at the time in Clemson in the ACC Title game thus winning the Conference. Hmm a top 10 team beating the #1 or #2 team AND having a conf champ title could mean something.... I wonder.
Your just biased is all.

I will root for your Va Tech team to beat Clemson.

If your at #14 now, who ya gonna beat left that is gonna raise you into the top 10 before the Conference Championship game ?

Ga Tech, Notre Dame and Virginia isn't gonna do it.

Your just biased is all.

I will root for your Va Tech team to beat Clemson.

If your at #14 now, who ya gonna beat left that is gonna raise you into the top 10 before the Conference Championship game ?

Ga Tech, Notre Dame and Virginia isn't gonna do it.

Not biased at all... they beat Duke last week by 3 points and went from 19th to 14th... it doesn't take much so long as other teams lose down below which will happen. I can maybe see Baylor shaping up and beating Oklahoma pushing them out of the way, PennSt has a trap game, Ole Miss isn't a pushover could give A&M problems, Washington is living on a high right now, wouldn't surprise me if USC went up there and beat them but not by much. Colorado is also heading to a trap game at Arizona.
That is just this week - so lots of things can happen in the next 3 weeks for sure.

Not biased at all... they beat Duke last week by 3 points and went from 19th to 14th... it doesn't take much so long as other teams lose down below which will happen. I can maybe see Baylor shaping up and beating Oklahoma pushing them out of the way, PennSt has a trap game, Ole Miss isn't a pushover could give A&M problems, Washington is living on a high right now, wouldn't surprise me if USC went up there and beat them but not by much. Colorado is also heading to a trap game at Arizona.
That is just this week - so lots of things can happen in the next 3 weeks for sure.
I can see USC beating Washington as USC has been coming on of late.

Not sure where you consider Penn State has a trap game, they play Indiana next followed by Rutgers and then MSU ... with MSU having a bad season, PSU should be able to win them, with Indiana being the hardest game.

A little.

I look at it this way, IF M does lose a game before ours, shame on them, they play a 4 loss Iowa team and a 4 loss Indiana next.

Its really kinda hard to compare what one team does against another seeing the teams ebb and flow of the season.
M fans like to do this alot.

OSU's struggle was in a 3 game stretch against Wisconsin, as we know, Wisconsin is a very good team, Penn State, the Buckeyes loss ... PSU has continued to get better as the season has gone along, M played them the 1st game of the Big Ten schedule (and beat them handily).
The Buckeyes only other close game was against Northwestern, a team that M doesn't play this year.

M's closest games were against Wisconsin, winning 14-7, Ohio State beat them in OT 30-23, also against Michigan State winning 32-23, Ohio State plays them in 2 weeks.
I expect MSU to come out and play very well, seeing they have the ability to ruin the season, once again for OSU.

What is this M team you talk about :) J/K should be a great game.

In regards to Michigan's next two teams, while anything can happen, I don't expect a loss against Iowa or Indiana, I believe this is where the coaching abilities of Harbaugh and his staff keep the team focused and ready for the School down south :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)