2016 NCAA football discussion thread

You really think a 2 loss Va Tech team could/would get into the playoffs over a 1 loss team, regardless of conference ?

You're missing the rest of possible things that have to go along with that 2 loss that I clearly mentioned in order to have some effect. If Clemson is #2 or #1 for example and VT is say #10-#12 by time they play...if the win is pretty solid then yes I certainly believe that they should be vaulted into the #4 spot of the playoff. They would have won their Conference, they would have beaten the same team that beat LV... the playoff comm never stated anything about 2 loss teams never getting in - its who you beat and how you beat them AND they did certainly say that a conference winner holds a ton of water in decision making which it should.
Do I think it will happen... prob not - but I can see it happening if many other things happen prior to. They certainly had a better chance at this if they wouldn't have laid an egg in NewYork which is exactly what Ohio State did with PennSt yet everyone still has them up there near #5 or #6.

No I don't like OSU regardless of who they beat..sorry just will never ever pull for them, you can call me a sidelined Michigan fan I guess if you want whom I think is really good this year.

Feel free to actually watch a Big 12 game instead of listening to the blather spewed by that Ohio State idiot on espin.

ESPN has the teams they like the most its always been like that.. they were in SEC's pants for years and certainly run their hand up OSU's shirt every chance they get.

Winning will do that for you.

Even when they lose they do it... don't give me that.

Also speaking of ESPN all of them are talking about the what if's this morning... many times a 2 loss team coming up that wins their conference would hold water over a 1 loss team to get into the playoff... VT was named. At least they are talking some sense this morning.

Funny how those with teams that don't have defense complain that teams with it are boring.

Oh course when they go head to head against those teams, they find out they can't score, and even worse, can't stop those defensive teams from scoring. ;)

I have to admit those videos are funny
His part on taking the pills at the end of a great defensive game is why purist love defensive games. They are exciting, cause every score could be the last.

And looking at Alabama and LSU seasons, both have shown they have high powered offenses. This time they showed how great their defenses are but shutting down those offenses.

Reactions: Ronnie-
I'll bet fournette is thrilled he doesn't have to try to run against Bama again. As good as he is, we have shut him down every time we have played.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I am REALLY excited about Hurts upside.

He has some big issues to work on, as he is a poor at best deep ball thrower.

However he is fantastic at run reads and short passes. His biggest asset to me is his poise. Kid makes a mistake and it doesn't rattle him.

For him to bounce back from a fumble and int and to basically win the game for the team in that environment speaks volumes.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

AP Polls look pretty screwy.. they have the top 8 ok but I'm not liking A&M being at #10 they should have dropped more and they still have UNC higher than Vt whom beat them 30+ AT HOME. Certainly keeping LV higher than OSU right now is correct since the losses are a huge difference be it losing to a top 5 team vs a unranked. Western Michigan could win out and get a new years 6 bowl.. I don't think anyone left can beat them.

AP Polls look pretty screwy.. they have the top 8 ok but I'm not liking A&M being at #10 they should have dropped more and they still have UNC higher than Vt whom beat them 30+ AT HOME. Certainly keeping LV higher than OSU right now is correct since the losses are a huge difference be it losing to a top 5 team vs a unranked. Western Michigan could win out and get a new years 6 bowl.. I don't think anyone left can beat them.
Ohio State lost to the now #12 ranked team, not nobody.
OSU should be ahead of Louisville based on the teams they've beaten. Numbers 8, 10 at the time and an Oklahoma team that is now 9th

Ohio State lost to the now #12 ranked team, not nobody.
OSU should be ahead of Louisville based on the teams they've beaten. Numbers 8, 10 at the time and an Oklahoma team that is now 9th

I could see why you would argue the other way... but they got to that spot for a reason which leans more towards who you lost to then not now.
If OSU finds a way to beat Michigan ok but I don't see that happening.

I could see why you would argue the other way... but they got to that spot for a reason which leans more towards who you lost to then not now.
If OSU finds a way to beat Michigan ok but I don't see that happening.
Talk to me about Va Tech and how bad the Buckeyes are when Va Tech is good enough to be on the same field again.
That happens about once every 6-10 years.

Its amazing how different your poll expectations are vs what the real polls show.

You keep saying that Louisville should be ahead of OSU based on who they lost to, OSU lost to a very much improving Penn State team, hence thier climb in the polls.
Louisville has played no one other than thier loss to Clemson.

If they had to play Ohio State or Michigan they would be lucky to win one.
If all the teams play what they are capable Louisville wouldn't have a prayer against the top Big Ten or SEC teams.

Talk to me about Va Tech and how bad the Buckeyes are when Va Tech is good enough to be on the same field again.
That happens about once every 6-10 years.

Its amazing how different your poll expectations are vs what the real polls show.

You keep saying that Louisville should be ahead of OSU based on who they lost to, OSU lost to a very much improving Penn State team, hence thier climb in the polls.
Louisville has played no one other than thier loss to Clemson.

If they had to play Ohio State or Michigan they would be lucky to win one.
If all the teams play what they are capable Louisville wouldn't have a prayer against the top Big Ten or SEC teams.

VT was thought to be a push over a few years ago and came into OSU's home stadium and spanked them... granted the next year OSU did the same soon as QB went out. VT was good enough then and is good enough this year I'm sure to beat them again - on their home field if need be. Don't count the Hokies out.

LV is a good team and its all about who you lost to THEN vs now anyway yet they continue to win and win big at times.
We can only speculate who would beat who from this point on as who would have thought that OSU would have lost to Penn St that night, or who would have thought that any upset would happen...it happens on any given saturday.

Ohh this is a good read on who's still on the fence for a playoff bid.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-dropped-college-football-playoff-contention

Poor Washington...they can't catch a break.

LV is a good team and its all about who you lost to THEN vs now anyway
That's true for the AP and Coaches Poll. But the Committee has always said that it's based on how the teams they played look now, but how they looked at the time the game was played.

So with Tennessee's having a string of losses, it hurts VPI, as the committe considers VPI losing to an undefeated Tennessee, not a top 10 Tennessee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts