2016 NCAA football discussion thread

Curious. If we had the old BCS system in place this season, who goes? Bama and OSU? Or would Clemson get the nod (assuming bama and clemson win out).
Hard to tell, the Committee screws up the Coaches Poll, as the Coaches (and AP) just copy the Committee who does it's own thing.

My guess, probably Clempson, as the coaches were favoring them before the Committee released it's first poll.

True, but if the BCS were in place the coaches poll might be following a different path than it currently is. (which like you said might favor clemson). Then the Harris and the computers.

I did see a "BCS" rendering on another site that still compiles the coaches/computers/and some other poll, using the same BCS criteria, and it did have Ohio State at #2, but of course that is going off what the CP is showing right now.

True, but if the BCS were in place the coaches poll might be following a different path than it currently is. (which like you said might favor clemson). Then the Harris and the computers.

I did see a "BCS" rendering on another site that still compiles the coaches/computers/and some other poll, using the same BCS criteria, and it did have Ohio State at #2, but of course that is going off what the CP is showing right now.
And that's been skewed by the Committee's Poll.

Ever since the committee started 3 years ago, whenever it's first poll comes out, the Coaches (and AP) drastically change their teams to match those of the Committee. The Harris Poll similarly would match the already released Coaches & AP.

That's why I think Clempson would have been higher, as the polls had them consistently above Ohio St until the committee started.

A post from Rivals.

Jimbo, thoughts?
Michigan State is a Rivalry game, Penn State is not.
When Penn State gets good on a regular basis, when well talk with PSU.

MSU has been a HUGE game for the last 5+ years.
When TTUN was poor ... MSU was there. (I credit Dantonio and Nardozi for that).

Michigan State is a Rivalry game, Penn State is not.
When Penn State gets good on a regular basis, when well talk with PSU.
History is just that, history.

Facts are, Penn St. beat Ohio St. Both loses were early in the season (one was to Michigan, and the other to the team that also beat Clempson), and Penn St. is in the Big Ten Championship game, and not Ohio St.

So if Penn State wins this weekend, I think they should get the nod over Ohio St.

Be interesting to see what the committee comes up with tonight (and next week), as a couple years ago they dropped TCU (and Baylor) from the top 4 in favor of Ohio St, due to Ohio St. having a conference championship, and TCU not.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may wanna edit that Derwin0 I think you meant to say if Penn St wins this weekend they get the nod over Ohio St...and I agree 100% regardless of if Clemson loses this weekend or not.

They pushed OSU to #2 which I didn't expect anything less after last weekend. I keep going back and looking at that 4th and 1 call... man that ball was short I don't blame Harb for raising hell.

You may wanna edit that Derwin0 I think you meant to say if Penn St wins this weekend they get the nod over Ohio St...and I agree 100% regardless of if Clemson loses this weekend or not.

They pushed OSU to #2 which I didn't expect anything less after last weekend. I keep going back and looking at that 4th and 1 call... man that ball was short I don't blame Harb for raising hell.
Of course it was with your Maize colored glasses on. :facepalm

You've already been on here prior to the game stating that you were rooting for TTUN, so why should we expect a realistic thought on the game.

The 4th down play WAS reviewed, it was very close, probably close enough that they could not come back with conclusive evidence that it was not a 1st down.

Then Harbaugh in his comments makes it sound like it was 2 feet short.

Michigan at 5, lets go Colorado and lets go VA TECH!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Not that I dont think Michigan is one of the top 2 teams in the Big 10, but its hard to make an argument in my mind that they should be ranked above Wisconsin and Penn State. All have the same record, and the latter two won the divisions and will be in the Conf Champ Game.

I know Michigan beat PSU, and that is likely the justification, and it could change depending on the outcome of the CCG.

Not that I dont think Michigan is one of the top 2 teams in the Big 10, but its hard to make an argument in my mind that they should be ranked above Wisconsin and Penn State. All have the same record, and the latter two won the divisions and will be in the Conf Champ Game.

I know Michigan beat PSU, and that is likely the justification, and it could change depending on the outcome of the CCG.
Actually, TTUN beat Both teams iirc.

good catch, too late to edit, but I'm sure everyone knows what I meant, even if my typing fingers didn't. :D

As for the 4th and 1, one of the angles I saw showed the ball breaking the plane of the chalk line when he was first hit, so it was a good call.

good catch, too late to edit, but I'm sure everyone knows what I meant, even if my typing fingers didn't. :D

As for the 4th and 1, one of the angles I saw showed the ball breaking the plane of the chalk line when he was first hit, so it was a good call.
Got it for ya

Nobody will ever know now, its long gone too late... same could be said about Danny Coles catch for a TD in the sugar bowl a few years back that most likely cost VT the win over Michigan. Play was so close it should have stayed as called on field being a TD but they over turned it and then a week later the review guy in charge of all the refs that day said it was the wrong call looking at the video evidence and things were changed from then on.

Ohh well can't do nothing about it now cept I'm hoping VT wins this weekend and has some payback against Michigan in the Orange Bowl!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts