2016 NCAA football discussion thread

That was very unexpected.

Wisky OSU was good, but Wisky's coach is a moron. The runs in OT, don't get it. Michigan's D will own OSU.

No one is on the level of Bama though, might be time for #17. Ill be in hotlanta for Bama FSU to open next year, but playing Bama in an opener SUCKS. They always show up.
Lots of time before the Michigan / Ohio State game, plenty will change.

Each team gives different challenges each week.

anddd VT n Miami both out of the polls ahead of Thursdays match up... well VT needs to win out to win the coastal without help.
UNC jumped back into the polls lol go figure.

I watched some of the OSU game..it was a decent game. I don't see anyone beating Alabama this year, they are just too good with the recruiting power they've had the last few years.

anddd VT n Miami both out of the polls ahead of Thursdays match up... well VT needs to win out to win the coastal without help.
UNC jumped back into the polls lol go figure.

I watched some of the OSU game..it was a decent game. I don't see anyone beating Alabama this year, they are just too good with the recruiting power they've had the last few years.
At this point, I don't see Bama losing either ... however, like I said earlier, there is a lot of football to be played between now and the end of the season.

No one expected Ohio State to beat Bama last time either.

SEC.jpg

Reactions: Jimbo and Ronnie-
Thing is they really wouldn't have split it to where teams were getting less. In their contract, tv payouts went up no matter who they added.

Might have hurt them at renegotiation time though.

And i agree, no real good additions were available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

No shocker, if they're allowed to get a championship game with 10 teams, no point in splitting the pie more. Especially since there are no great additions out there.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Personally, I see no reason why they made that rule about needing x amount of teams for a Championship game in the 1st place.
10 teams should qualify anyways ....

How many teams were there in the sec when they all started the Conference CGS anyways ?

Personally, I see no reason why they made that rule about needing x amount of teams for a Championship game in the 1st place.
10 teams should qualify anyways ....

How many teams were there in the sec when they all started the Conference CGS anyways ?
12, they had 10 ever since Tech left. They added Arkansas and USCe to get to 12 in order to split into divisions.

The reason the rules allowed a championship game for 12 teams, is that there were too many teams for a round robin, but with only 10 you can easily do it.

Any conference could have a championship game with less than 12, but they'd have to reduce the season by one game, as the championship rule is really just a waiver in allowing 1 more game than the max allowed (currently 12, was 11 at the time).

The new rule (adopted back in January this year), now allows teams to have a conference championship with less than 12 teams

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...bs-conferences-fewer-12-members-now-able-hold

Under current rules, FBS conferences must have at least 12 members, and championship games must be between the winners of two divisions within the conference. Each division must play a round-robin schedule during the regular season in order to hold a championship game.

Council members adopted a proposal that originated with the Division I Football Oversight Committee but also approved an amendment from the Big Ten Conference. The amendment, offered by the Big Ten late last week, allows conferences with fewer than 12 members to hold championship games in football, as long as they meet one of two additional conditions: Conferences that want to play championship games must either play their championship game between division winners after round-robin competition in each division or between the top two teams in the conference standings following full round-robin, regular-season competition between all members of the conference.

Was that a bad sign....ya but unless they want to get the cops involved which its not a law then they will never find out who put it up. You have a license place in the photo so maybe a easy track but again not against the law. More so of a tasteless sign that is no longer likely existing due to the flinging around social media its gone. Every team has a few fans that take things a bit too far but no point in really drilling it and posting about it over and over.
I've seen worse over the years, seen many worse during GameDay that weren't caught.

But as for the game - VT played like VT has played all year and that is very well on all sides of the ball. Everyone is just sitting around scratching their heads trying to figure out what happened last week at Syracuse, that was not the same VT team that I've been watching all year.
I didn't get home till 2:30am last night from the after party effect.
VT owns the coastal right now so long as they can go up and win finally at Pitt. I can see them winning out at this point and giving Clemson all they can handle in the ACC title game. As much as I'd hate to see a ACC team not get into the playoff...I'd much rather have VT in a new years 6 bowl game.

Now here is my beef with the ACC title game - I think its total bs how the ACC moved the champ game from a neutral site that is very central to every team. If Clemson and VT were to say play in it now they are all going much farther away from their fan base making it very difficult to travel to it.
The bowl game that would be up for grabs for VT would maybe be Atlanta so that may not be too bad but damn that is a ton of driving and wasted money when Charlotte is just right down the road.

Was that a bad sign....ya but unless they want to get the cops involved which its not a law then they will never find out who put it up. You have a license place in the photo so maybe a easy track but again not against the law. More so of a tasteless sign that is no longer likely existing due to the flinging around social media its gone. Every team has a few fans that take things a bit too far but no point in really drilling it and posting about it over and over.
I've seen worse over the years, seen many worse during GameDay that weren't caught.

But as for the game - VT played like VT has played all year and that is very well on all sides of the ball. Everyone is just sitting around scratching their heads trying to figure out what happened last week at Syracuse, that was not the same VT team that I've been watching all year.
I didn't get home till 2:30am last night from the after party effect.
VT owns the coastal right now so long as they can go up and win finally at Pitt. I can see them winning out at this point and giving Clemson all they can handle in the ACC title game. As much as I'd hate to see a ACC team not get into the playoff...I'd much rather have VT in a new years 6 bowl game.

Now here is my beef with the ACC title game - I think its total bs how the ACC moved the champ game from a neutral site that is very central to every team. If Clemson and VT were to say play in it now they are all going much farther away from their fan base making it very difficult to travel to it.
The bowl game that would be up for grabs for VT would maybe be Atlanta so that may not be too bad but damn that is a ton of driving and wasted money when Charlotte is just right down the road.
Don't your fans travel to all the games regardless of where they are ?

Just give it to Bama again, sheesh. Outmatch everyone on both sides of the ball, and with Saban embracing a different offense they are tough. Defense is savage too.

If Jimbo doesnt wake up from lala land and get rid of some of our deadweight coaching, its gonna be brutal in Atlanta next year. One place where Bama leads and it matters, the coaching staff and consultants, etc... High recruiting every year doesnt matter as much if you have poor coaching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts