2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

Wow, this is gonna be remembered for next year .... Iowa winning 48-17, just ran a fake Punt with 4 minutes to go ...

I was thinking that with 2 losses, Buckeyes season is over, but if others continue to lose as well, there will be a bunch with 2 losses.

Michigan State just knocked off Penn State 27-24 ...
Penn State now has 2 losses, Ohio State has 2 losses, so IF and thats a BIG IF, both win out, Ohio State would go to the BT Championship game against probably Wisconsin ...

Then again, Iowa plays Wisconsin next week.

These developments may make a two sec playoff a reality.

I'd be shocked, but it's surely possible.

Now that was an ass kicking. Hats off to Iowa. The announcers talking about the Big Ten being in trouble. Getting left out of the playoffs.

Look if the Big Ten is bad their bad. They don't d deserve to make it in.

My wife said "Honey please turn it off." I said nope... I'm going down with the ship. Again hats off to Iowa.

Reactions: Jimbo
Ya know, College Football (Pro too for that matter) has to do something about the Targeting call.
A defensive lineman in a pile of people around the qb trying to block the qbs pass or tackle him, jumps to block the pass, with a lineman in between the two is called for targeting ...

Come on man, the guys trying to do his job, jumping to block a pass .... ( announcers said it was a clear LAUNCH) of course it was, hes trying to hget to the QB, again, thats his job.

They have to look and see if there was actual INTENT to harm ... in this case, there was no appearant INTENT ... but the player was thrown out and the game may have changed because of it.
Not saying it would have changed the outcome, but you never know.

Reactions: Gobucks
You shouldn’t speak unless you watched the whole game. There was a hell of a lot defense and offense in Bedlam. Worry about the lack of defense the Buckeyes showed again.
Buckeyes are very inconsistent ...
Like I mentioned earlier, it was a Huge trap game against a good team and they were trapped.
I am in no way happy with the Buckeyes defense, all year ... early they were young and just learning the ropes, alot of young guys ... now, this far into the season theres no excuse.

Btw, watching the Miami/ Va Tech game at the moment and they were talking about that game and they also said there was NO Defense being played ... Its really hard to say your defense played well giving up over 50 to ANYONE.

Btw, Miami's uniforms use to be sharp ... what happened ?
Tonight they are UGLY, when I first turned it on, I thought Miami was in the white and the dark uniforms must be Va Tech with their dark red/purple ... whatever color they are.
Then I saw the helmets ...

My top 5 team predictions next CFP poll:

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma
5. Clemson

Wisconsin and Miami close behind.
Sounds about right ....
My pick, TCU beats Oklahoma next week.

Also, does ND lose any glamour points for just getting by Wake Forest, giving up 38 to them?

Ya have to wonder how the Penn State vs Michigan State game would have been had they not sat for over 3 hours waiting on weather, that said I think they forgot they had a pretty damn good RB on thier team.

My thought on Mayfield .... he'll be slightly better than Manzel when he gets to the NFL, he's another of the Loudmouth, it's all about "ME" guys.

Yes he is a loudmouth, but there is a difference if you think he is an all about ME type person. Mayfield has worked his ass off and went out and earned everything. You don’t walk on and earn the starting QB position at two power 5 universities without some talent and self drive.

You shouldn’t speak unless you watched the whole game. There was a hell of a lot defense and offense in Bedlam. Worry about the lack of defense the Buckeyes showed again.
That game reminded of this year's Game 5 of the World Series. Time just ran out on one team.

Yes he is a loudmouth, but there is a difference if you think he is an all about ME type person. Mayfield has worked his ass off and went out and earned everything. You don’t walk on and earn the starting QB position at two power 5 universities without some talent and self drive.
Never said he wasn't talented ...
Manzel is also talented, but he's self destructive as well.