2017-18 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
Alabama is again No. 1 in the preseason Amway Coaches Poll

The time to stop talking about college football and actually start watching it is now less than a month away. But in the meantime, talking will have to do, and the preseason Amway Coaches Poll is always a good place to initiate discussion — or arguments, but we prefer to keep matters polite.

Alabama will enter the campaign with the No. 1 ranking, just as it did a year ago. The Crimson Tide were picked first by 49 of the 65 coaches on this year’s panel. Alabama has been ranked in the top five in every preseason poll since 2009.

First Coaches Poll is out. ROLL TIDE!

Reactions: propjock
You can put the tide there Every year ... seeing they have high recruiting every year ...
Its what you do with those players that makes the difference.

These polls really go by where you ended up last year and who you brought in.
Those coming in may or may not make the field this year ...

I can only think of maybe a hand full of incoming players that the Buckeyes will be playing b this year, at least as a Starter or be a high influence player in the Freshman year.
It's all a crap shot with new players coming in, that said, Bama and the Buckeyes and a few others do better than most in this crap shoot ...

football+season+among+us.jpg

Reactions: Jimbo
Texas is ranked after being 5-7 last year? Yeah, that polls gonna change a lot pretty quickly.

And Georgia at 15? Really? Granted their schedule is cake this year, but so far Eason is turning into a bust, as well as the Kirby Smart hire.

And really, USC(w) at #4?

Kentucky should be on there before Georgia and Texas, and I don't think they should be either.

Reactions: Derwin0
Texas is ranked after being 5-7 last year? Yeah, that polls gonna change a lot pretty quickly.

And Georgia at 15? Really? Granted their schedule is cake this year, but so far Eason is turning into a bust, as well as the Kirby Smart hire.

And really, USC(w) at #4?
Texas is gaining a lot from the hiring of Tom Herman
USC will be the real deal this year, i think.
Georgia, I don't know anything about them yet.

Vanderbilt beat Georgia and Tennessee, yet those 2 are ranked and Vandy isn't. ;)
Well they also went 9-4 and 8-5 and finished tied for second in the east , where vandy had a losing record.

Shouldn't have lost that game, but it happens.

Vanderbilt was 6-7 last year and is not really considered a HIGH team in recruiting, why do you think they should be in the top 25 ?
Wasn't that they should be, was that Georgia and Tennessee shouldn't be, much less Georgia being up at #15.

Well they also went 9-4 and 8-5 and finished tied for second in the east , where vandy had a losing record.

Shouldn't have lost that game, but it happens.
Georgia also had 3 late comeback wins against Missouri, Kentucky, and the mighty Nichols State.

The Vandy loss wasn't an aberration to how they played last year.

Preseason rankings are always great when your team makes them but generally they are completely meaningless. Every year teams like Texas and Notre Dame are in the top 25 just because of their name alone.

Georgia also had 3 late comeback wins against Missouri, Kentucky, and the mighty Nichols State.

The Vandy loss wasn't an aberration to how they played last year.
I dont necessarily disagree on Georgia last season. Their record was better than they actually played.
However they have been having recruiting success, and I can easily see them being a strong team this season.

The team I see that doesnt belong imo is Texas. They definitely got in on name brand alone.

Michigan has a young team this year, not sure at this point about them in top ten, but I guess like all the preseason polls we shall see once the season starts

They shouldn't even bring out polls till after week 4 or 5. Even the Buckeyes, Clemson and Bama don't know how good they will be, particularly Early in the season with as many players as they lose to the Draft each year.
Granted they will be up there somewhere ... someone has to be up there.
However, those early polls have us talking about College Football and that's exactly what those polls are meant to do.

UGA has come up with a new plan to help keep their players eligible. :D

University of Georgia students can choose their own grades in 'stress reduction' policy

Some University of Georgia students have a way to improve their grade, and no, it doesn’t involve doing extra work, retaking exams or anything like that.

The students can just go ahead and choose the grade they want. The one condition is that the grade has to cause them “stress.”

This is according to Anthony Gockowski of CampusReform.com, who revealed on Monday that online course syllabi for two fall business courses taught by UGA professor Dr. Richard Watson introduce the “stress reduction policy.”

It states that a student can simply select their own grades if they “feel unduly stressed” by the ones they earned.

Got my season tickets and tickets for game at FedEx Field opening weekend to watch VT destroy West VA!!
VT has the perfect schedule this year I think to make a run... Clemson at home should be a night/College gameday game. Miami game is away that may be the deciding winner of the Coastal.. I'd love to see VT face FSU in ACC title game with both teams undefeated as I predict FSU will beat Alabama opening weekend.
GT over Tenn for sure - Tenn won't find a solution to stop that triple option and Butch Jones will be out by mid year.. he's on the hot seat.

GO HOKIES!!

Well, the sec has two games versus the acc in the bag now.

Bama and Tennessee will definitely win after that prediction. ;)

Well, the sec has two games versus the acc in the bag now.

Bama and Tennessee will definitely win after that prediction. ;)

lol maybe but I tell ya I'm really curious to see if they will even play in that new stadium.. I heard it wasn't no where near finished. The roof isnt' automatic yet - takes 2-3 days to close/open it manually.
Be rather funny if they had to play in the old one since I think both games are set to play there just two days apart.

I'm looking forward to going to the new stadium soon as VT goes back.. be pretty cool to see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)