2020/21 Hockey Season

WolfJT

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
Cincinnati
Looking forward to a Hockey Season. I can't believe the owners can't get their act together to get the season off and running on New Years Day.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I just signed up with ESPN+ annual subscription for Hockey. I can cancel anytime so we'll see how it goes. It was half what NHL network wanted plus you get other sports.:oops:

Reactions: Jimbo
Unfortunately, our Local ECHL Hockey team has opted out of playing this year along with many others in the league.

This impacts the city greatly as none of the fans will be downtown this winter to support the team, the lose to local businesses will be felt severely this year.

• Sad
Unfortunately, our Local ECHL Hockey team has opted out of playing this year along with many others in the league.

This impacts the city greatly as none of the fans will be downtown this winter to support the team, the lose to local businesses will be felt severely this year.
I laughed at the thought, then checked and Toledo last year was averaging over 7,000 a game! Wow!

AHL in Cleveland never pulled in those numbers 15 to 20 years ago, but apparently, they are drawing pretty well, over 9,000 last season.

I laughed at the thought, then checked and Toledo last year was averaging over 7,000 a game! Wow!

AHL in Cleveland never pulled in those numbers 15 to 20 years ago, but apparently, they are drawing pretty well, over 9,000 last season.
15 to 20 years ago they played at the Toledo Sports Arena, that held 5,000 people and was quite small by most standards.
In the last 5-10 years (can't remember when it was built) they play in the semi new Huntington Center, very nice place ... great site lines, also used for Concerts and other things as well, which is also been brought to a stand still.
The Huntington holds 8,000 now, not great but better ... Its also been able to draw many big names over its short time here.
Looks like it opened in 2009.

Reactions: Yespage
Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts