2020-21 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So OSU making playoff vindicated that ranking... Clemson and Notre Dame plastered in the playoffs... not vindicating the rankings. So, the rankings went 2 for 4 this year. Just checked, for some reason Alabama are a touchdown favorite at the moment. The basis of that, I have no idea.

I suppose there is some statistician who will say OSU could be the first #1 team with only eight wins. The way they played Friday night was impressive! Those long bomb touchdown throws were dead on and should monopolize ESPN’s Top 10 Plays, just show all of them from different angles.

Congrats, Jimbo. As a Purdue fan, I can only watch and dream…
I think you would find if you went back in time, you'd find that there were many years where teams only played 8 games, or there abouts, and of course, someone was #1 back then. I think I read about it, maybe back in the '30's possibly.

Come on man...... you should be gloating much more today. no one picked us to do this. as Ohio born this must be the most satisfying game ever other than winning the Championships in 2002,14. but even winning those this was the most dominate. Jaw dropping
:crowdbounce:grinbounce:bump2
What was more gratifying to me was the Bama game in '14 ...
We all pretty much expected the winner to beat Oregon , so the Bama game was the Big important game, that game also was a Complete game where everyone did everything right.

Elliott off left tackle, the block from the WR (can't believe I can't remember the name without looking it up) that sprung Elliott of 85 yards thru the South (as the t shirt says) or Bama's defense for a TD that broke Bama's back that night.

That was the biggest game that I remember vividly, outside of last night.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
So OSU making playoff vindicated that ranking... Clemson and Notre Dame plastered in the playoffs... not vindicating the rankings. So, the rankings went 2 for 4 this year. Just checked, for some reason Alabama are a touchdown favorite at the moment. The basis of that, I have no idea.
Clemson was a 6.5-7.5 pint pick over the Buckeyes too.

People forget that the Buckeyes were ranked #2 in the polls coming into the season and were dropped to around 6 I think it was when the Big Ten didn't play in the beginning and out of the initial polls all together by some, so when the Big Ten finally started, the Buckeyes were Not put back at number 2, actually, I don't think they ever made it to #2 at all after they were removed.

This does answer something for me, it must take (thank you Dabo) 7 games to gell as a team or at least a unit.

As for playing Bama, the Buckeyes fans are (at least I am) still looking at the Defensive Cornerbacks and Safety's as the week point, if they can play with Bama's WR's, THAT will impress me.

If they can win the line of scrimmage on both sides, they can win this game.

If the O line win thier side, the Bucks will be able to run the ball and they will have a balanced attack and could very well win.

Bama is just like the Buckeyes, they have a very good passing attack ...
Bama has a GREAT RB in Najee Harris, he will be a stud in the NFL (hopefully my Steelers pick him up as they NEED a Stud RB desperately).
Buckeyes Trey Sermon has come on in the last few games, playing great, kinda reminds me of the run Elliott had for them ...

I wonder why no one has asked Dabo if his team should have been taken out of the CFP system had the roles been reversed and Clemson had only played 6 games because of Covid.

Remember, Clemson didn't have any Covid issues this year .... Lawerence went down and SOMEHOW he wasn't around any Other players where Contract tracing would have taken people out ?
Buckeyes didn't have any Covid issues till the week before last that they played ...
They lost 3 games due to Covid, but only 1 was do to thier own issues.

Reactions: mccoyrj
In Other, other news ... well, it shouldn't and wouldn't actually be news, except for who it was ....

Nick Saban's daughter spouted about her thinking that the Buckeyes were FAKING Covid issues ... so they had more time to heal ...

Facebook, Twitter .... ain't it great.

10 minutes later, she deleted it ...
Today someone wrote an apology for her. (Probably Bama's SID).

Of course, she had nothing to say about them when it affected then for the last month of the season.

I was kiling some time and found the College football playoff website ....

I found some interesting info, While it appears that Clemson and Bama have been in most Championship games of late, IF the Buckeyes win Monday, all 3 tems will have the same number of Championship wins ... 2

Congrats to Alabama .....

They were awesome and Never seem to have an off game .

WR. DeVonta Smith is even better than I thought.
Rb. Najee Harris is as good as I thought, I've been watching him since he got there (was a Buckeye recruit as well).

Buckeyes lost a lot when Rb. Trey Sermon went down on the first play of the game (think he broke his collarbone).
No more balance on the offense.

Oh look Smith is wide open again for Bama .... that guy is just amazing.

I also give credit to Bama OC, he had some very creative ways to get Smith open.
Then again, if the Buckeyes were allowed to place a player right next to Smith to start a play, they still would not be able to find him.

No doubt.

that said, Fields is a tough SOB.
I thought Fields played a slightly above average game for him. He was very good in some spots, not as good in others.
He missed some easy passed, throwing it too hard in some cases. His touch was off, unfortunately.
His O Line didn't do him any favors.

Congrats to Alabama .....

They were awesome and Never seem to have an off game .

WR. DeVonta Smith is even better than I thought.
Rb. Najee Harris is as good as I thought, I've been watching him since he got there (was a Buckeye recruit as well).

Buckeyes lost a lot when Rb. Trey Sermon went down on the first play of the game (think he broke his collarbone).
No more balance on the offense.

Oh look Smith is wide open again for Bama .... that guy is just amazing.

I also give credit to Bama OC, he had some very creative ways to get Smith open.
Then again, if the Buckeyes were allowed to place a player right next to Smith to start a play, they still would not be able to find him.
As big of a loss as Waddle was, because I think he is actually the best WR on the team, him going down really allowed Smith to show his skills. He really is amazing, and humble. Nice kid.

Reactions: Jimbo and HIFI
I thought Fields played a slightly above average game for him. He was very good in some spots, not as good in others.
He missed some easy passed, throwing it too hard in some cases. His touch was off, unfortunately.
His O Line didn't do him any favors.
I switched over to the coaches portion and Sky Cam view after the half because I got tired of Herbstreit and Fowler. But did you you know that OSU on the goal line attempt to the back of the end zone OSU did score and that the coaches were talking about it and wandering why the officials were not looking at it. The receiver (I don't know who it was) toe dragged his left foot before he went out of bounds. It wouldn't have mattered but at least OSU might have had a little momentum.

I switched over to the coaches portion and Sky Cam view after the half because I got tired of Herbstreit and Fowler. But did you you know that OSU on the goal line attempt to the back of the end zone OSU did score and that the coaches were talking about it and wandering why the officials were not looking at it. The receiver (I don't know who it was) toe dragged his left foot before he went out of bounds. It wouldn't have mattered but at least OSU might have had a little momentum.
That was Chris Olave .... we all thought he scored after we saw the replay ...
When they did look at it they declined the TD.
I don't remember what the score was at the time.
Bama has known for quite awhile that its Much easier playing when your up by 2 scores.

I think that would have made it 35-24, iirc, and yes, that may have made a difference, they bounced back and forth after that between 14 and 21 points most of the 2nd half.

If ya want to see the TD catch of the year, it happened very early in the season, by jaxon smith-njigba.

This play was incredible.

Hey Jimbo did you see what our beloved youth at OSU did after the Spring game yesterday? Police break up large block party near Ohio State campus; several cars flipped over
Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)