2020-21 NCAA Football Thread

Good thing the Big 10 changed the rules mid stride to give the conference a shot at the playoffs eh? ;)
In all seriousness, I do think A&M has a much better argument at that slot if you’re just going major conferences.

But again, I’d give it to one of the G5 teams right now.

OSU, IMO, has no business being in the playoffs this season with how it happened.

Some of it isn’t their fault. They can only play the schedule they are provided with.

Still, that’s true of everyone.
msmith etc. I see from your avatar that you're member of the year. What year 2020? Do you get an asterisk for that?

Playoff rankings have been announced.

1 - Alabama
2 - Clempson
3 - Ohio State
4 - Notre Dame

Alabama vs Notre Dame in the Rose Bowl @ 4:00pm on Jan 1st
Clempson vs Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl @ 8:00pm on Jan 1st

Really surprised at the locations, as #1 is supposed to go to closer location.

*edit* just saw the Rose Bowl will be in Arlington, TX this year since California is on lock down. Still though I’d have expected Alabama to go to the Sugar over anything else.

*edit* just saw the Rose Bowl will be in Arlington, TX this year since California is on lock down. Still though I’d have expected Alabama to go to the Sugar over anything else.
I bet that makes Brian Kelly a happy camper. He wants the players' parents to watch them play. Though after the way Clemson handled the Irish, Alabama should have no issue eliminating them on New Year's Day, so that won't be very much fun to experience.

:D

IMG_7642.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing the Big 10 changed the rules mid stride to give the conference a shot at the playoffs eh? ;)
In all seriousness, I do think A&M has a much better argument at that slot if you’re just going major conferences.

But again, I’d give it to one of the G5 teams right now.

OSU, IMO, has no business being in the playoffs this season with how it happened.

Some of it isn’t their fault. They can only play the schedule they are provided with.

Still, that’s true of everyone.
Yes, it is true of everyone ...
To give you some insight into what your annoyed about ...

Ohio State WON thier division, out and out, Not Indiana ... They beat Indiana in the head to head And had a better record doing so, So, theres No reason why they wouldn't be in the Conference Championship game.

The Rule that got changed mid stream that you don't like, about having to win 6 games, was Never a rule until the pandemic came about.
In all honesty, it never should have been made in the first place, they figured when they made it, that they would not be playing a season any ways.

So, the Buckeyes got in the BTCCG fair and square.

Indiana really didn't complain about it either, they did for a minute, because they wanted to go to he CCG, but they knew it wasn't right so never really pushed it.

But then again, you already knew that.

Personally, I think Clemson will beat the Buckeyes, but you never know.

Buckeyes really haven't had enough game reps to have the team gell, like the other teams.

Had Kevin Warren not cancelled football for a month or so, they would have played a full schedule outside of Non Conference games.

Yes, it is true of everyone ...
To give you some insight into what your annoyed about ...

Ohio State WON thier division, out and out, Not Indiana ... They beat Indiana in the head to head And had a better record doing so, So, theres No reason why they wouldn't be in the Conference Championship game.

The Rule that got changed mid stream that you don't like, about having to win 6 games, was Never a rule until the pandemic came about.
In all honesty, it never should have been made in the first place, they figured when they made it, that they would not be playing a season any ways.

So, the Buckeyes got in the BTCCG fair and square.

Indiana really didn't complain about it either, they did for a minute, because they wanted to go to he CCG, but they knew it wasn't right so never really pushed it.

But then again, you already knew that.

Personally, I think Clemson will beat the Buckeyes, but you never know.

Buckeyes really haven't had enough game reps to have the team gell, like the other teams.

Had Kevin Warren not cancelled football for a month or so, they would have played a full schedule outside of Non Conference games.
The rule got changed mid stream when the Big 10 saw that it would benefit them to do so.

I get it. As a osu fan your happy they got in, I’d likely feel the same.

However from here on out no Big 10 team fan in general, OSU fan in particular, should ever say “insert team” got special treatment.

Because that’s what this was. Lol.

And yes. I’d still cheer for bama if it was them.

The rule got changed mid stream when the Big 10 saw that it would benefit them to do so.

I get it. As a osu fan your happy they got in, I’d likely feel the same.

However from here on out no Big 10 team fan in general, OSU fan in particular, should ever say “insert team” got special treatment.

Because that’s what this was. Lol.

And yes. I’d still cheer for bama if it was them.
Fortunately no other Conference was STUPID enough to make such stipulations in the first place ...

I find it really hard to play when the conferences don't play by the same rules.
Once conference has 21 days (now 17) you have to be out for Covid, while other conference players are only out 10 days, hows THAT fair ?
This year has been so screwed up, it really doesn't matter ....

Of course the NCAA is totally useless in cases like this where they SHOULD have stepped in and evened the field, but they continue to do Nothing ... Normally I am all for them doing Nothing, but in this case, they should have, seeing the Conferences Didn't.

The Buckeyes went thru most of the season with Zero cases, until the half way thru the season, I think they got 4 games in ... the Columbus area got hit hard with Covid .... for awhile there .

I do not know how many actually had Covid or if most were Contact tracing (they don't disclose that info) ...

Dabo keeps saying how it's unfair that the Buckeyes got in only playing 6 games.

I say, he's better off playing more games and I wish the Buckeyes had played all 9 of thier games ...
The issue I have is the lack of playing games thru what would be the normal schedule has hurt them more than helped them, they have not been able to have the normal game reps that they would typically have to have the team gell.
At this point, they have only played in half thier games, they would normally be only 2 games into the big ten season, normally they would gell and be strongest around games 8-12, playing thier toughest games at the end of the schedule ...

Ok, we have seen that the Semi final games are on Friday Jan 1, at 4 and 8 pm ...

Has anyone seen when the actual kickoffs will be ?

Seeing we have the unusual situation of them both being on ESPN .... I presume the second game may end up waiting till the first one is over.

Most years they are on different networks.

This means the second game probably won't be over till 12:30 or 1 AM .... UGH

Reactions: Howard Simmons
The whole playoff system needs to be changed to a more level playing field. 8 teams, auto bids for the majors and at larges.

They are not going to turn down more money. They will amend the contract.
I don't know ... they have so much money now, they make it 8 teams and then the money needs to e divided all the more.

Do the teams that are in the Playoffs get the money, or is it just the Conferences ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts