2020-21 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Buckeyes are having some Covid issues even with how cautious they have been ...

Coach Ryan Day is one that has it and will not Coach this weekend.

When Saban had it earlier in the year, how long are Coaches required to be out ?
Wasn't he out till he had 2 back to back negative tests ?
Seeing he was able to Coach that upcoming game.

I'm just confused with the rules seeing everyone has different rules this year.

Unknown how many others with the Buckeyes have it at this point.

Saban had a false positive test the first time. With this current positive test, he’s experiencing symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saban had a false positive test the first time. With this current positive test, he’s experiencing symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We haven't gone thru enough tests (days) yet to determine if Coach Days was a False Positive yet ...
Sounds like there are some players as well ... no names released (as it should be) .
It hadn't improved with the PCR test from yesterday morning, so they called the game off and cancelled thier flight.
I'm sure this is why they didn't fly out the day before like normal.

We haven't gone thru enough tests (days) yet to determine if Coach Days was a False Positive yet ...
Sounds like there are some players as well ... no names released (as it should be) .
It hadn't improved with the PCR test from yesterday morning, so they called the game off and cancelled thier flight.
I'm sure this is why they didn't fly out the day before like normal.
The game against Illinois was canceled today. I wonder how many players are infected besides the coach? Watched the pregame shows today and they were giving all kinds of scenarios about if OSU will be in the playoffs.:mad:

The game against Illinois was canceled today. I wonder how many players are infected besides the coach? Watched the pregame shows today and they were giving all kinds of scenarios about if OSU will be in the playoffs.:mad:
The game being cancelled was actually reported after 10 pm last night.
I would imagine there are some players with it as well.

The Important thing (Other than the Coach and players getting better quickly) as far as the Buckeyes are concerned is being healthy enough to play next week against Michigan State ... and Michigan as well, but they HAVE to play next week or they Won't mane the Big Ten requirements for the Championship game ... of course that doesn't mean they can't play in the CFP's if chosen.

That said, I doubt they would take them if they only played 5 games.

Its actually critical that they play these next few games so they can have a few games to get their defensive secondary together ... they may try things in practice, but you really don't know if they work till you play someone else.

If they play against one, say MSU and win .... you may start to hear TTUN coming down with Covid, as they don't want thier a$$ handed to them from the Buckeyes ... and IF they should pull something like that, it too would knock the Buckeyes out of the BT Championship game, so michigan would win twice ...
I don't expect that to happen, but ya never know.

Something else they should take into consideration is, who was responsible for the games being missed, but so far they don't ...
Meaning, the Maryland game was Cancelled due to Maryland Covid Issues, not OSU's, so they should not we counted with a Cancel, it really should have been a Forfeit, which would not look like a game not played.

I guess what I'm saying is, why is the team that wasn't responsible for the issue being penalized ?

Technically, OSU is responsible for todays game not being played, thats only 1 game they should be penalized for , not 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Simmons
The game being cancelled was actually reported after 10 pm last night.
I would imagine there are some players with it as well.

The Important thing (Other than the Coach and players getting better quickly) as far as the Buckeyes are concerned is being healthy enough to play next week against Michigan State ... and Michigan as well, but they HAVE to play next week or they Won't mane the Big Ten requirements for the Championship game ... of course that doesn't mean they can't play in the CFP's if chosen.

That said, I doubt they would take them if they only played 5 games.

Its actually critical that they play these next few games so they can have a few games to get their defensive secondary together ... they may try things in practice, but you really don't know if they work till you play someone else.

If they play against one, say MSU and win .... you may start to hear TTUN coming down with Covid, as they don't want thier a$$ handed to them from the Buckeyes ... and IF they should pull something like that, it too would knock the Buckeyes out of the BT Championship game, so michigan would win twice ...
I don't expect that to happen, but ya never know.

Something else they should take into consideration is, who was responsible for the games being missed, but so far they don't ...
Meaning, the Maryland game was Cancelled due to Maryland Covid Issues, not OSU's, so they should not we counted with a Cancel, it really should have been a Forfeit, which would not look like a game not played.

I guess what I'm saying is, why is the team that wasn't responsible for the issue being penalized ?

Technically, OSU is responsible for todays game not being played, thats only 1 game they should be penalized for , not 2.
Very well said.:hail:cheer

I just got to thinking .... Urban Meyer is still under Contract with Ohio State ... he's doing something with them making a good chunk of money ...

Seeing Ryan Day has to sit out for 10 days (already started) and will miss this weeks game against Michigan State ...
What to say Urban can't come in and Coach the Buckeyes this week .... Day covered for Urban in his last year.

2020 just keeps on taking ...

Now the Buckeyes need to find another game (in conference) or the BT needs to change thier stupid rule about having to play x amount of games to qualify for the BT championship .... at this point the BT Championship means nothing (provided the Buckeyes win it if they play).

The conference looks real dumb if they say that the undefeated team can't play in their championship game, but they are still going to make the College Football Playoff ... or should.

That would be penalizing a team for other teams getting covid and having to cancel ...
Buckeyes had 2 teams cancel games with them over Covid ... those two while not being played, should not be held against them.

Btw, Herbstriet was right .... michigan found a way to not play Ohio State.

2020 just keeps on taking ...

Now the Buckeyes need to find another game (in conference) or the BT needs to change thier stupid rule about having to play x amount of games to qualify for the BT championship .... at this point the BT Championship means nothing (provided the Buckeyes win it if they play).

The conference looks real dumb if they say that the undefeated team can't play in their championship game, but they are still going to make the College Football Playoff ... or should.

That would be penalizing a team for other teams getting covid and having to cancel ...
Buckeyes had 2 teams cancel games with them over Covid ... those two while not being played, should not be held against them.

Btw, Herbstriet was right .... michigan found a way to not play Ohio State.
It does seem funny that OSU needs to play a minimum amount of games against crappy conference schools to qualify to play against one better conference team... and then the playoffs. OMG, OSU didn't play Maryland or Illinois how will we ever know how those games would have ended?! Of course, if you didn't play enough games in a conference, is it kosher to be a conference champion? Is it fair for Indiana to go out 7-1 and not be in the conference championship because... OSU is the anointed one (and sure, likely the better program)?

Had OSU not Covid'd themselves out of a game against Illinois, they'd likely be in the Big Ten championship. So two schools hurt them and they hurt themselves.

So let's have Indiana v Northwestern. I'm sure the Conference Cartels will love that!

It does seem funny that OSU needs to play a minimum amount of games against crappy conference schools to qualify to play against one better conference team... and then the playoffs. OMG, OSU didn't play Maryland or Illinois how will we ever know how those games would have ended?! Of course, if you didn't play enough games in a conference, is it kosher to be a conference champion? Is it fair for Indiana to go out 7-1 and not be in the conference championship because... OSU is the anointed one (and sure, likely the better program)?

Had OSU not Covid'd themselves out of a game against Illinois, they'd likely be in the Big Ten championship. So two schools hurt them and they hurt themselves.

So let's have Indiana v Northwestern. I'm sure the Conference Cartels will love that!
As I mentioned previously, Why is a team penalized for something that they didn't have anything to do with ?
The Buckeyes have had 3 games cancelled this year, only 1 of them involved them (the Other team was the one that called them off) ... had these games been made a Forfiet like other schools would have done, it wouldn't count against you.

You said OSU Covid themselves out of games, they were forced to lose 2 others.

Btw, why would Indiana be considered the East Champ, the Buckeyes beat them, and are undefeated.

I'm sure Fox is thrilled at the idea of Indiana (without Penix mind you) vs Northwestern in the Championship game.

In reality, I think Maryland would give them a game, compared to Michigan.

So yes, OSU hurt themselves by failing to be able to play against Illinois. That would be their fault. Other schools are responsible for the other two games, but it seems a bit silly for a team to play 5 games and waltz into the playoffs while another team went 7-1. Sure. OSU is roughly 3 magnitudes better than Indiana. But what is the legitimate reason for letting a team that played 5 games get to be in a Conference final when a team who played 60% more games (yes, this is playing a bit with statistics) than them? Conference titles are decided by records, not rankings.

And this being 2020, this is hardly the year to give a darn about a college playoff. This season is even less competitive than it is normally.

So yes, OSU hurt themselves by failing to be able to play against Illinois. That would be their fault. Other schools are responsible for the other two games, but it seems a bit silly for a team to play 5 games and waltz into the playoffs while another team went 7-1. Sure. OSU is roughly 3 magnitudes better than Indiana. But what is the legitimate reason for letting a team that played 5 games get to be in a Conference final when a team who played 60% more games (yes, this is playing a bit with statistics) than them? Conference titles are decided by records, not rankings.

And this being 2020, this is hardly the year to give a darn about a college playoff. This season is even less competitive than it is normally.
What ?
The College Football Playoffs is what College Football is all about now.

Conference Championships don't mean all that much, yes its nice to have, but if Bama loses this week, they still make the Top 4.
If Clemson wins, they make the Top 4, all 3 of them would have a lose as well., but make the top 4.

But an Ohio State team that has played 5 and probably 6 when its all said and done (maybe 7 ) and undefeated, means nothing ?

Buckeyes have one of the Top Offenses in the game ... this is why the CFP committee has kept them at 3 or 4 ... they said as much last week when they mentioned Fields and the Buckeye Offense ...

The Buckeyes overall play would be much better had they been able to play games this year without the other teams canceling ... its been a hard year to get any consistency ...
They played the first 3 games and it looked good for the year.
Then they haven't played 2 games in a row the rest of the year.
With only 1 of those being thier doing.

IF it were the SEC in this position where Bama had the cancelations ... and Bama was undefeated, you don't think for a minute that the SEC would not do whatever they had to to get Bama in the CCG, do you ?

Fortunately other conferences didn't make a requirement for number of games needed.
The Big Ten offices did a LOT of stupid things .... number of games, Starting the Season a month later than most others .. those are 2 HUGE things they screwed up ...
Where oh where is Jim Delaney when you need him ...
He's probably at home, crying over the mess that Kevin Warren has them in ...

What ?
The College Football Playoffs is what College Football is all about now.
It is all about money. The NCAA Basketball Tournament never provides a Final Four that people think is controversial. College Football has a tendency of being like wrestling programs in the 70s and 80s, where the faces and heels beat the heck out of jobbers and then there is a PPV with one decent match.
But an Ohio State team that has played 5 and probably 6 when its all said and done (maybe 7 ) and undefeated, means nothing ?
It means what people want it to mean. OSU is the best team in the Big Ten, that really isn't up for debate. But they have played just five games. If we want to pretend that the schedule actually doesn't matter and OSU just had games against jobbers cancelled... why does any of this matter? Either the Conference Schedule matters or it doesn't and it is a fraud.

OSU had their destiny in their own hands and then they had a Covid-19 outbreak that kept them from a sixth game. The easy solution to all of this would be to make it a four team playoff in the Big Ten because the best team isn't in it yet. That gets OSU to 7-0 and we almost have a sense of fairness. Otherwise, the rules were the rules.

IF it were the SEC in this position where Bama had the cancelations ... and Bama was undefeated, you don't think for a minute that the SEC would not do whatever they had to to get Bama in the CCG, do you ?
Blame the Big Ten commissioner for playing politics while the SEC, ACC and Big 12 started playing weeks earlier.

By having 10/11 scheduled games, those conferences gave themselves the buffer room needed. ACC & Big 12 even more so by allowing an out of conference game.

Blame the Big Ten commissioner for playing politics while the SEC, ACC and Big 12 started playing weeks earlier.
The Big Ten canceled because of Covid and now Ohio State has had 3 games cancelled due to Covid-19. Doesn't sound like politics to me. Sounds like they saw the writing on the wall, and they were right.

The Big Ten canceled because of Covid and now Ohio State has had 3 games cancelled due to Covid-19. Doesn't sound like politics to me. Sounds like they saw the writing on the wall, and they were right.
nope, the Big Ten commissioner was playing conference politics for months, his way or the highway (see threats to Nebraska who was daring to look at playing a non-conference schedule). That was the reason for their late start (compared to the three conferences mentioned earlier) and teams not having enough games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts