2020 Dish Price Increases Announced

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes, but the very next sentence says that the price does not include the $12 per month for the locals.

I still have OTA guide info on my deactivated receivers, so I think you are safe there.
You are assuming that statement is applicable to the Welcome Pack. Also, what is everyone else paying for Welcome Pack these days?

I don't have programming info on many OTA sub-channels on my activated receiver. Though now that I say "sub", I see where the differentiation is.

Reactions: pattykay
I don't have programming info on many OTA sub-channels on my activated receiver. Though now that I say "sub", I see where the differentiation is.
I just use Tvguide app on my phone and my Android boxes for OTA ..it has all the sub-channels

IMHO Orby is pretty much a joke. No locals, a primitive DVR, they're missing most channels including FOX News, hardly any HD channels and if you figure it out the equipment, installation and monthly adds up and it ain't that cheap, especially for what you get. Top that off with the fact that they might not last and everybody who bought their equipment will have expensive paper weights.
I really don't think Orby is a joke..Yes you do have to buy the equipment for their system but I can assure you that people are paying for the equipment with Dish and DTV.. Your paying for it with the receiver fees..DVR fees.. I've spent thousands in the last 20+yrs in equipment like many here because it was a hobby..I remember all of us spending $500 + $129 module for the first 6000HD receiver just to watch Voom.. Now dish can get the equipment for probably less than $10 and everyone pays through their butt for receiver+DVR fees.Then there's the preferred customer joke just to keep you locked in for 2 more yrs.Look at what happened with RSN..Did anyone get money back? Tv all really depends on each individual and their needs..Some can't live without DVR..Some need News..Some Sports..I call Orby and took advantage of the single system offer of $125 installed..I will only need one more receiver which will be on sale again for $50 sometime so that gives me 2 rooms under $200.I don't think $200 is too much to spend when Dish gets that much in equipment fees In less than a yr.I will keep my Dish account for camping season only because I have to use the easter arc at our campsite..

I really don't think Orby is a joke..Yes you do have to buy the equipment for their system but I can assure you that people are paying for the equipment with Dish and DTV.. Your paying for it with the receiver fees..DVR fees.. I've spent thousands in the last 20+yrs in equipment like many here because it was a hobby..I remember all of us spending $500 + $129 module for the first 6000HD receiver just to watch Voom.. Now dish can get the equipment for probably less than $10 and everyone pays through their butt for receiver+DVR fees.Then there's the preferred customer joke just to keep you locked in for 2 more yrs.Look at what happened with RSN..Did anyone get money back? Tv all really depends on each individual and their needs..Some can't live without DVR..Some need News..Some Sports..I call Orby and took advantage of the single system offer of $125 installed..I will only need one more receiver which will be on sale again for $50 sometime so that gives me 2 rooms under $200.I don't think $200 is too much to spend when Dish gets that much in equipment fees In less than a yr.I will keep my Dish account for camping season only because I have to use the easter arc at our campsite..

First, there's no way that any Dish receiver costs $10. Even a Wally would be more than that and with all the tech and hardware in a Hopper you know it costs plenty.

Maybe the Orby receiver costs $10 because that's about what it's worth. And even if they had a decent DVR there's still very little channel selection and most of it is SD. And their packages aren't free, they're less than Dish or DirecTV because you get so much less.

All of that and then there's the distinct possibility that one day for any number of reasons Orby might decide that they should just shut down. Then you have some pricey paper weights.

What exactly have you shaved?

You constantly make posts about how great having Dish is because you would lose a channel with anything else. Which is fine if it’s what you enjoy, but cord shaving is getting rid of something.

I don't sub to other material on Dish because it is available free on streaming. One example is the International News Pack in English. Most of that is free on apps, plus others which Dish does not offer. I still like Dish. I do believe the prices on any of the carriers are too expensive. However what choice does Dish have. drop the channel that they want too much for or up the price.

First, there's no way that any Dish receiver costs $10. Even a Wally would be more than that and with all the tech and hardware in a Hopper you know it costs plenty.

Maybe the Orby receiver costs $10 because that's about what it's worth. And even if they had a decent DVR there's still very little channel selection and most of it is SD. And their packages aren't free, they're less than Dish or DirecTV because you get so much less.

All of that and then there's the distinct possibility that one day for any number of reasons Orby might decide that they should just shut down. Then you have some pricey paper weights.

I paid $100 for my 211k years ago and that is an inexpensive receiver. I am sure the others are much more expensive.

Well with the labor rate of $.50 hr once the line is set up the components are cheap..most cost is in the importing of the goods..I'm just saying that Dish is re-cooping all the money they have put into the products that they have supposably given you to use for their service with the fees they charge.. Now they are going to charge fees on channels based on what RSN area your located in.they must be giving out some good Christmas bonus to all the executive position this year

My contract is up in January, looks like I'll be dropping Dish, I can get locals through Locast and I may try Sling. The Hopper Fee with a Joey is over $20. per month. I find it hard to justify paying fees for a receiver that I bought separately, because originally I didn't want a contract. Now with these increases, I can get free locals and subscribe to movie channels separately with my TV and Roku. rarely do we watch other channels anymore. Most of the content on them is reality shows (Discovery History and Science channel programming is terrible nowadays). With TV News networks i'm getting tired of, besides I can get News for Free on PlutoTV. Not much of a Sports fan but I can sub to Fox Sports seperately, I hate ESPN, never watch it yet I'm forced to pay for it with my Dish package. At least with cord cutting I can pretty well A la Carte everything and pay NO Receiver Fees. So I'll lose recording capabilities. That will suck, but I'm tired of paying $$ for nothing!

Yeah this is why I'm planning on cutting the cord in 2020.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using the SatelliteGuys app!

You were lucky to be able to get the price lock. Dish would not let me renew my price lock on Flex Pack last year. If they had let me have the price lock, I would probably still have Flex Pack now. If you look at the chart I posted for the Preferred Customer Offer, it looks like Flex Pack is no longer an eligible package for this deal. :(
When I renewed the preferred customer offer, I was told there was no package discount or $5 autopay discount on the Flex Pack, but I could still get the price lock.

When I renewed the preferred customer offer, I was told there was no package discount or $5 autopay discount on the Flex Pack, but I could still get the price lock.
So I was a bit off on my price lock timing. I renewed in Sept 2018, so my price lock will end this September.

I asked about that (price lock without discount) and they still would not let me get it.

So I was a bit off on my price lock timing. I renewed in Sept 2018, so my price lock will end this September.
I was asking for the deal in October 2018, so you must have got in right before the shut-off date for the deal. Of course, things could have changed again since then, for all I know.

You are assuming that statement is applicable to the Welcome Pack.
That is the logical conclusion, based on the information on the page linked in the first post. Dish already put the "Package pricing does not include $12/month Local Channels price. " line at the bottom of the chart (implying that it applies to the entire chart, meaning that non-grandfathered Welcome Pack subscribers would be paying $46.99 per month for Welcome Pack + Locals) so why would they repeat this line again immediately after the note about the grandfathered Welcome Pack price, unless the statement also applies to grandfathered Welcome Pack subscribers?

The point is that there is no statement anywhere on that page to indicate that the $12 locals cost does not apply to Welcome Pack. That is why this chart is confusing, and why we need some official clarification from Dish: Does the new Welcome Pack price include locals, and do we now have the option to drop the locals?

That is the logical conclusion, based on the information on the page linked in the first post. Dish already put the "Package pricing does not include $12/month Local Channels price. " line at the bottom of the chart (implying that it applies to the entire chart, meaning that non-grandfathered Welcome Pack subscribers would be paying $46.99 per month for Welcome Pack + Locals) so why would they repeat this line again immediately after the note about the grandfathered Welcome Pack price, unless the statement also applies to grandfathered Welcome Pack subscribers?

The point is that there is no statement anywhere on that page to indicate that the $12 locals cost does not apply to Welcome Pack. That is why this chart is confusing, and why we need some official clarification from Dish: Does the new Welcome Pack price include locals, and do we now have the option to drop the locals?
That may be an error, there is nothing on Welcome Pak, value $46.99, current Welcome Pak $30.99, includes locals

• Love
It seems like last year there was a $10 difference between the Top 120 and the Top 120+. Now, they're only showing $5 difference, yet each only went up $5.

Did the Top 120 package go up $10 the first of 2019?

1576425254152.png

1576425447193.png

Once my "Price Guarantee Period " is over I also be leaving. Using Fitzy with locast and other family members credentials plus other streaming platforms , this is all I need. Fitzy has the DVR that works ok. The pay tv model is changingand has become ridiculously priced. Not Dish's fault but it is time to stop being gouged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)