2021 Dish Prices

Well, if I can't get my Cardinals games then I'm not going back to Dish. I'll just keep paying for individual services.
You may be able to do both. Bally's Sports (the upcoming re-brand of the former Fox Sports Nets) has already announced a direct-to-consumer streaming service that will carry the games. So, there would be nothing stopping you from coming back to Dish for the rest of your programming needs. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
You may be able to do both. Bally's Sports (the upcoming re-brand of the former Fox Sports Nets) has already announced a direct-to-consumer streaming service that will carry the games. So, there would be nothing stopping you from coming back to Dish for the rest of your programming needs. :)

Right now I have a combination of Disney+, Discovery+, Netflix, OTA and FTA. For now, I think I'm covered. I do miss the nice EPG and DVR of Dish equipment, especially for OTA channels.

I called the DISH Loyalty department to do some changes in my account and found out a couple of things if y’all aren’t aware of it. You can have both the Senior and Military/First Responders at the same time if you are eligible for both deals. You can get two free movie rental certificates per month with both deals. Also, with the Veterans/First Responders deal you can get the Stars and Stripes Pack free. I reduced down from the America’s Top 250 to the 200 pack. So with the free Stars and Stripes pack and I joined the Outdoor Pack, I get some channels I would miss in the 200 pack. Also, for those who own your equipment they still will have warranty if you have the protection package. If you don’t have the protection package you can join it when needed. I also asked if Charlie’s new 5G will have TV coverage with a super Hopper. She said they haven’t been briefed about it yet!!

Military Offer | DISH

MyDISH

DISH 55 Exclusive Offer | DISH

MyDISH

MyDISH

Reactions: Tampa8 and Yespage
My Preferred Customer offer just expired so I called Dish Retention. They renewed if for me (AT120+ with locals for $69.99 per month). So for (1) H3 and (3) J3's with taxes I will be right around $105/month.

If you are looking to save money on the equipment lease fees here are some options:
  • You can lease a Wireless Joey and move it among different TVs that aren't watched often so you don't need a dedicated Joey at each TV.
  • You can plug an Amazon FireStick into one of your TVs and use the Dish Anywhere app. This would replace the Joey on that TV (but you still need an H3 and the DA app can only be used on 1 device at a time).
  • If you have a newer SmartTV you can put the H3 on a different TV then program your favorite channels on the SmartTV. This would replace the Joey on that TV.

Just to clarify, this also works with HWS. The DA app can be used on more than one device, as long as you also have more than one Hopper (either model).
Refresh my memory. Which Hoppers can sling? H2 and H3 only? H1 and Duo no way?

[*]If you have a newer SmartTV you can put the H3 on a different TV then program your favorite channels on the SmartTV. This would replace the Joey on that TV.
[/LIST]

Can elaborate on this? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I believe he is saying your new Smart TV, if it has a Chrome based browser or Amazon Fire built in, can be used to view the DA stream off your H3. But again, only one device attached to your H3 at a time.

I believe he is saying your new Smart TV, if it has a Chrome based browser or Amazon Fire built in, can be used to view the DA stream off your H3. But again, only one device attached to your H3 at a time.
Correct.
And as crodrules pointed out if you have numerous H2/H3s each one can support the DA app on 1 other device.

Reactions: pattykay
0114211140-00.jpg

New monthly rates are now showing when you log into mydish.

Locals Only is now $15. (previously $12)
My purchased ViP222k shows as $10 now. (previously $14)
My purchased Joey 3 shows as $5 now. (previously $7)
The Hopper Duo DVR fee is still $10, even with my purchased Hopper Duo. :(

$40 a month for locals? :imshocked
Not really. I remove those additional receivers at the end of each day I use them, to get those fees credited back to my account. So, I am not actually paying those additional receiver fees. I just thought I would post here, to let everyone know that the new fees are now showing up, if you want to check your account to see what your new fees are.

The Welcome Pack definitely still includes the locals, I just switched to it. Yes, it is expensive for what you get but when one is most interested in locals it is still less than the Flex Pack with locals. There is a good selection of other channels in there as well for that rainy afternoon.

Reactions: satjay and TheKrell
I just checked on Dish's site and it does have the RSN fee still listed as an optional charge. It is in the fine print of the terms and conditions. Still can't find a place to type in the zip code to see what the rate is in a given area.

"All packages, programming, features, and functionality and all prices and fees not included in price guarantee are subject to change without notice. After 6 mos., if selected you will be billed $9.99/mo. for DISH Protect Silver unless you call to cancel. After 2 years, then-current everyday prices for all services apply. SHOWTIME is a registered trademark of Showtime Networks Inc., a CBS Company. STARZ and related channels and service marks are property of Starz Entertainment, LLC. Regional Sports: RSN Surcharge up to $3/mo. applies to AT120+ and higher packages and DishLATINO Dos and Max packages and varies based on location"

So I got my newest bill for the 30th. I am on my second year of a preferred customer agreement. I was getting $5.00 off my dvr fee for the hopper this last year and still are this year. I looked and they are still giving me the $5.00 off of my dvr fee like they have been. I asked via chat to DISH I thought the hopper fee had gone down to $5.00? He only said the new dvr fee is $10.00 a month now for the hopper. So no change there. I did see the price of additional receivers have gone down to $5.00 each , so $10.00 vs $14.00 before. But they don't list them with equipment any more. They are now considered Add on. So my bill is $4.00 less than before.

Reactions: dishdude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Latest posts