2021 Dish Prices

Dish is pricing themselves out of existence in this household.

While it was expected they would be going up and due to a 2 year lock in price increase we won’t be affected by an increase till June of 2022. After that date I am sure it will be over our limit that we set.

We have put a cap on the amount we are willing to spend on TV and are just under that at this time so when the renewal is up I suspect we may be relying totally on IPTV which we have been testing out already now for the past few months. With that said we have more channels then you can shake a stick at with IPTV. While it is not perfect I must say that Dish is being used less and less around here and at the end of our contract it will not be missed if we have to do away with it because of it becoming too expensive.

I should get my new bill in a couple of days and will see what she says.
Just got my DISH TV bill (see pic). I have two H3s one owned, two 4KJs, & two WJs both owned. As you can tell on my bill I am still being charged for both H3s at $15 each. So I called the Loyalty department and asked why I am still paying $15 for my owned H3 when it should be $10. The CSR had to get with his supervisor and found out there is an issue with their billing system for owned H3s so they submitted a work ticket. Should see an adjustment in 72 hours.

Attachments

• Price Increase Bill.jpg
    Price Increase Bill.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 108
Just got my DISH TV bill (see pic). I have two H3s one owned, two 4KJs, & two WJs both owned. As you can tell on my bill I am still being charged for both H3s at $15 each. So I called the Loyalty department and asked why I am still paying $15 for my owned H3 when it should be $10. The CSR had to get with his supervisor and found out there is an issue with their billing system for owned H3s so they submitted a work ticket. Should see an adjustment in 72 hours.
The Dish Anywhere app problem has worked it's way to the billing section. Eventually it will take over the whole Dish enterprise. :spy

So I called the Loyalty department and asked why I am still paying $15 for my owned H3 when it should be $10. The CSR had to get with his supervisor and found out there is an issue with their billing system for owned H3s so they submitted a work ticket.
I thought the whole issue was for an owned H3, it should be $5, not $10 or $15.

Just got my DISH TV bill (see pic). I have two H3s one owned, two 4KJs, & two WJs both owned.

Why are you getting double-charged for the Joeys? I see two $7 fees there, plus you're being charged $5 twice in the Add-ons section. The $5 fees should be replacing the $7 ones, not adding to them.

Also, for a second I was thrown off by your main package, cause right now I'm paying $102.99 + $12 for Top 250, but when I first looked at yours, I was like "$67.99 + $12... how the heck is the base rate that much lower than on mine..." But then I factor in my $40 discount and it ends up being about the same. Except I'm missing the $5 auto-pay discount on mine.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Why are you getting double-charged for the Joeys? I see two $7 fees there, plus you're being charged $5 twice in the Add-ons section. The $5 fees should be replacing the $7 ones, not adding to them.

Also, for a second I was thrown off by your main package, cause right now I'm paying $102.99 + $12 for Top 250, but when I first looked at yours, I was like "$67.99 + $12... how the heck is the base rate that much lower than on mine..." But then I factor in my $40 discount and it ends up being about the same. Except I'm missing the $5 auto-pay discount on mine.
The two $7 fees are for my two leased 4KJs. The two $5 fees are for my two owned WJs. I don't have an answer for your bill. Maybe call the Loyalty department for help.

Also, for a second I was thrown off by your main package, cause right now I'm paying $102.99 + $12 for Top 250, but when I first looked at yours, I was like "$67.99 + $12... how the heck is the base rate that much lower than on mine..."
You didn't look in the Prorated Credits section. He had AT250 (listed at regularly $102.99) but then downgraded to AT200 (regularly $92.99).

No, H3 is $10 if owned. MyDISH Correction, see post #189.
Owned Hopper 3 you get $5 off. MyDISH Correction, see post #189
When I was reading these posts, I expected post #189 to have a link to a corrected version of that mydish page. I wish they would correct it, to clarify some things a little bit. (For instance, answering all of the questions we have been raising in this thread.)

When I was reading these posts, I expected post #189 to have a link to a corrected version of that mydish page. I wish they would correct it, to clarify some things a little bit. (For instance, answering all of the questions we have been raising in this thread.)
Do you think I need to reword my correction post?

Do you think I need to reword my correction post?
No, it was my fault for not hovering over where it says "MyDISH Correction" in the earlier posts. I thought that entire statement was a link to a corrected version. Instead, it is a link to the same mydish page we have been using, followed by your statement about correcting your own posts. My bad.

No, H3 is $10 if owned. MyDISH Correction, see post #189.

Actually, to complicate it further, I just called again a few minutes ago and a different csr told me the H3 is only $10 if you already have another H3 on the account. She said the first H3 would be $15 and the second owned H3 would be $10.

Can't get a straight answer. Maybe I'll call tomorrow again and see if I can bug another one in loyalty.

Actually, to complicate it further, I just called again a few minutes ago and a different csr told me the H3 is only $10 if you already have another H3 on the account. She said the first H3 would be $15 and the second owned H3 would be $10.
Great, so maybe both the Dish billing system is screwed up and the mydish page is wrong. :coco

If the explanation that CSR gave you is correct, then I could very well see Dish interpreting charlesrshell's bill as also being correct. There is already a $5 promotional discount on one H3, reducing that fee to $10. So, I could see Dish saying that is the "owned" one, and it is being billed correctly. Then, the leased one is the one showing up at the full $15.

a different csr told me the H3 is only $10 if you already have another H3 on the account.
Except the thing is, the page that THEY REFER YOU TO does not say anything remotely like that. It says "owned equipment." It has said the same thing for more than a month. It doesn't say "extra receivers"..."receivers other than the first one"..."receivers other than the first one that has DVR capability".
Again, here's my chat that I'm going with...this was from 12/14/2020.
-----
You,
says that service fee for customer-owned Hopper 3 is $5
1:18 PM
DanielleMari,
I have opened the link and since there will be a pricing updates on 2021 if you you be having a purchased receiver then we will provide the $5 fee for the hopper
-------------

Except the thing is, the page that THEY REFER YOU TO does not say anything remotely like that. It says "owned equipment." It has said the same thing for more than a month. It doesn't say "extra receivers"..."receivers other than the first one"..."receivers other than the first one that has DVR capability".
Again, here's my chat that I'm going with...this was from 12/14/2020.
-----
You,
says that service fee for customer-owned Hopper 3 is $5
1:18 PM
DanielleMari,
I have opened the link and since there will be a pricing updates on 2021 if you you be having a purchased receiver then we will provide the $5 fee for the hopper
-------------
That’s the point I kept mentioning. It doesn’t say anything about the DVr Servive fee however. The DVR service fee, and the Receiver service fee are two separate fees. It’s automatically waived on the first one.

An example, the 722’s. They were $17 per extra receiver. However, there was not a $17 fee for the first one. That’s because the first receiver isn’t charged. The DVR service fee would remain the same, and in the case of the 722’s, was $6, $7 and then $10 and I believe eventually $12. If you had 2 receivers, it would have been $10(DVR service fee) and $17 for the second 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)