2021 Dish Prices

I think I will try the email method. Senior Resolution isn't doing any good. Any one have some good email addresses? All the ones I have was before Charlie did some flip flopping CEO positions.
I am late to this thread and unfortunately Dish will not allow me this $15 Locals Only Core package today. I tried the online chat and the retention department. They say it's not offered anymore. Does anyone know if this is true or if another rep may be able to provide the package to me? Supposedly a Supervisor put a note in my account that it's not available (because I tried the customer service chat again one more time after and they said the notes reflected it was not possible for me to get this deal).

I am late to this thread and unfortunately Dish will not allow me this $15 Locals Only Core package today. I tried the online chat and the retention department. They say it's not offered anymore. Does anyone know if this is true or if another rep may be able to provide the package to me? Supposedly a Supervisor put a note in my account that it's not available (because I tried the customer service chat again one more time after and they said the notes reflected it was not possible for me to get this deal).
I gave up.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I am glad that I got the Locals Only Core package when I did. Dish can take that package away from me when they can pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Supposedly, Locals Only Core was a special requirement / promotion that was offered during the height of the COVID crisis, to help people who were stuck at home, and who did not necessarily have much money to spend, still stay caught up with the local news. With the economy opening up, there may no longer be a requirement (or any other reason) for Dish to continue to allow customers to sign up for this.

Before this year's price chart, the only rumblings of a Locals Only core package (which evidently was available to some subscribers at the old rate before then, since the chart reflects a price increase on Locals Only Core) was from subscribers who had completely cancelled their Dish service (for whatever reason) and then filed a complaint against Dish to the Better Business Bureau. In those cases, Dish then offered those subscribers the Locals Only option as a way to win them back, and to settle their BBB complaints. If the expanded availability of Locals Only Core during COVID is no longer a thing, then that route (cancel service, then complain to BBB) may be the only way to get Locals Only now.

If you think any tactics will help, just talk to everyone who had HD Absolute. We were grandfathered for a while, then forced to pick an AT package for twice the price with almost all the channels Absolute had.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
If you think any tactics will help, just talk to everyone who had HD Absolute. We were grandfathered for a while, then forced to pick an AT package for twice the price with almost all the channels Absolute had.
Yeah, I think the grandfathering for Dish Pix ended at around that same time. Anyone remember that package? You got your choice of any ten channels from the list of available channels, for only $15 per month. That grandfathering lasted at least ten years after Dish stopped offering that option. Of course, after the option was no longer offered, you could no longer make changes to the list of channels you wanted to receive, so you were stuck with the same ten channels you had chosen before that package was discontinued. These days, Dish could never offer an option like that, at least not for very long. Odds are too great that any channels you might have picked would end up getting dropped due to a contract dispute, either temporarily or long-term. (No channel removal is truly "permanent" as the rumors about HBO returning would seem to prove, if true.)

I seem to remember Dish offering some nice discounts on those AT packages (at least for HD Absolute subscribers) temporarily, to soften the blow.

So, I am hoping the same thing applies to Locals Only: either a nice, long grandfathering period with no price increase, or a really sweet discounted deal on a higher package whenever we are finally forced to switch.