2022-2023 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not liking this expansion at all .... All of it, not just this possibility.
ESPN quit caring about what the core college football fan base thinks long ago. It does not understand us. It does not want to try to.

To me these mega-conference expansions and these idiotic playoffs are two symptoms of the same disease.

Reactions: Derwin0
The playoffs will be restructuring their qualifiers sooner rather than later, as what they have planned no longer works.
The TV Contract with ESPN is up in 2 years for the College Playoffs, good time to redo everything, add some games and get a bigger TV Contract.

Not saying it is the right thing to do, that is just what they will do.

ESPN quit caring about what the core college football fan base thinks long ago. It does not understand us. It does not want to try to.

To me these mega-conference expansions and these idiotic playoffs are two symptoms of the same disease.
I don't mind the playoffs, been wanting a full 16 team playoff for years. But I hate the ever growing conferences, takes away from what a conference was. Ridiculous that Georgia has only play A&M once in the entire time that they've been in the conference.

Reactions: Mike0616
Someone put a little time into this.

I gave up on FBS years ago. I have no interest in these Super Conferences that have killed most of the regional rivalries and won't even play half the teams in the conference regularly.
Conferences quit looking for good teams long ago, recent expansions have been to add patsies to their schedules to make records look better.
Scheduling overall is going down. Fans are becoming less interested in games that are being scheduled. This has to catch up with them soon.

Rick Pitino had a pretty good point about this conference realignment:

View: https://twitter.com/RealPitino/status/1688227511077937152?s=20

Are we really going to have the Rutgers women's Field Hockey team fly to Eugene, Oregon for a match midweek in front of a few parents?

Football plays once a week and only travel a handful of times. Let them fly cross country for conference games. Keep the other sports more regional.

Reactions: Derwin0
Status
Not open for further replies.