2022-23 MLB Hot Stove Discussion

Further indictment on what Bloom has done to the Red Sox.

View attachment 159858

Now the Red Sox have DFA’d the “centerpiece” in the Mookie Betts trade with the Dodgers-Jeter Downs, to make room on the 40 man roster for Yoshida. A couple of weeks ago they DFA’d Franchy Cordero- the player they got from the Royals for Andrew Benintendi. To make matters worse, the Red Sox don’t even know how Yoshida’s “talents” are going to translate to MLB (ie. it’s very possible he could be a complete bust) What a complete joke and embarrassment this organization has become under Chaim Bloom!!

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo
Now the Red Sox have DFA’d the “centerpiece” in the Mookie Betts trade with the Dodgers-Jeter Downs, to make room on the 40 man roster for Yoshida. A couple of weeks ago they DFA’d Franchy Cordero- the player they got from the Royals for Andrew Benintendi. To make matters worse, the Red Sox don’t even know how Yoshida’s “talents” are going to translate to MLB (ie. it’s very possible he could be a complete bust) What a complete joke and embarrassment this organization has become under Chaim Bloom!!
Sadly, I agree ...

Yankees signing Carlos Rodon

He will be a asset, till he gets hurt again or gets his usual dead arm! I dont think this will end well, he has a track record.

Reactions: BillD1984
Boy is This a true and accurate account of the Red Sox of late:

Since hoisting that trophy in Los Angeles, that Red Sox team, which won more regular-season games than any other in franchise history, has been gutted like a fish. They had a top-of-the-line model and let the best pieces go. In exchange, they’ve collected parts that combine to make a vastly inferior vehicle. (That came from Fansided.)

Boy is This a true and accurate account of the Red Sox of late:

Since hoisting that trophy in Los Angeles, that Red Sox team, which won more regular-season games than any other in franchise history, has been gutted like a fish. They had a top-of-the-line model and let the best pieces go. In exchange, they’ve collected parts that combine to make a vastly inferior vehicle. (That came from Fansided.)
Well not the first team to do so....Look at that Marlins team won the world series and gutted it next year. And that Cub team of 2016 same thing.....Its baseball and its the fans who pay

Well not the first team to do so....Look at that Marlins team won the world series and gutted it next year. And that Cub team of 2016 same thing.....Its baseball and its the fans who pay
No, its Cheapskate baseball and a few teams have gotten Lucky enough to win it all going that way ....

I HATE this style of management ...
If you got enough small pieces to do it one year, but not continue at be a top club, what good is That ...

Those teams have No desire to win consistently.

Would you root for a team that may get lucky 1 year and have a bottom of the division team 9 out of 10 years ?

The Red Sox are Not a Small Market team.

Reactions: BillD1984 and AZ.
No, its Cheapskate baseball and a few teams have gotten Lucky enough to win it all going that way ....

I HATE this style of management ...
If you got enough small pieces to do it one year, but not continue at be a top club, what good is That ...

Those teams have No desire to win consistently.

Would you root for a team that may get lucky 1 year and have a bottom of the division team 9 out of 10 years ?

The Red Sox are Not a Small Market team.
For me the ones who get jipped are the kids. Us adults see the train wreck before it happens. Sure isnt a great way to keep fans in their seats and sell out stadiums? And its us parents or grandparents who take those same kids to the ballpark for $8 dogs and $10 beers.

Not sure if its bad management? Crappy business plan? or just plain dont care about its fan base.

For decades the Cubs sucked, yet they sold out every game. Fans said they were true blue fans. I called them idiots. If Im an owner why put a good team on the field if I sell out either way? Chew on that logic.

Reactions: BillD1984 and Jimbo
For me the ones who get jipped are the kids. Us adults see the train wreck before it happens. Sure isnt a great way to keep fans in their seats and sell out stadiums? And its us parents or grandparents who take those same kids to the ballpark for $8 dogs and $10 beers.

Not sure if its bad management? Crappy business plan? or just plain dont care about its fan base.

For decades the Cubs sucked, yet they sold out every game. Fans said they were true blue fans. I called them idiots. If Im an owner why put a good team on the field if I sell out either way? Chew on that logic.
People would go to Red Sox games to see Fenway. Has that novelty worn of finally.

Cub fans are an aberration to that.

Sad thing is, the CUBS Could be a big time player year in and year out.

Reactions: AZ.
People would go to Red Sox games to see Fenway. Has that novelty worn of finally.
I would go to a Red Sox game to see Fenway ...
But you don't go Every night to see the ball park.

I would also go to Wrigley and see the Cubs, but you don't fill the stand every night because of the parks.

He will be a asset, till he gets hurt again or gets his usual dead arm! I dont think this will end well, he has a track record.

I agree, I think this is a gross overpay. The other thing is the game has changed so much over the last 10-15 years. Starting pitching isn’t as valuable as it once was. Having a deep bullpen is now the most important thing. Don’t get me wrong, I would much rather have quality starting pitching than not, but I think in this day and age it’s risky to be throwing so much resources at starting pitching.

I don’t think it’s the novelty of Fenway so much as the apathy with a lot of fans since the Red Sox finally broke through and won a few World Series. The “lovable losers” label was taken away and a lot of “pink hat” fans that couldn’t have cared less went away. But now because of the direction this organization is going, they’re hatable losers.

And that’s exactly how I currently feel about Red Sox management. They still have no problem charging exorbitant amounts for tickets, parking (I spent $70 for parking a couple years ago. Really??!!) and concessions. And then they trade away their arguably best homegrown talent since Carl Yastrzemski for a bag of balls and a bag of chips. And why did they do that? Because the Dodgers were the only team willing to take David Price’s contract off their hands. And the Red Sox did that to avoid going over the luxury tax. Absolutely disgusting!!

• Wow
I don’t think it’s the novelty of Fenway so much as the apathy with a lot of fans since the Red Sox finally broke through and won a few World Series. The “lovable losers” label was taken away and a lot of “pink hat” fans that couldn’t have cared less went away. But now because of the direction this organization is going, they’re hatable losers.
At what point does the park become outdated. It's still a historic place but it's still old and needs a lot of work to bring it up to date with modern parks. How much longer will Fenway last?

At what point does the park become outdated. It's still a historic place but it's still old and needs a lot of work to bring it up to date with modern parks. How much longer will Fenway last?

I wanted it replaced decades ago. There was a parcel of land in the Seaport District that would have been perfect for a ballpark and all the necessary infrastructure. Instead they built a federal courthouse on part of that land. That said, I have to give the devil their due. This ownership has put a ton of $$$$ to update Fenway as much as they could, and they have cleaned it up from when it was a dump 20-25 years ago. But there is only so much you can do with a 110 year old structure. It still falls woefully short when it comes to modern amenities. Not to be mean, but I still can’t figure out how an obese person can fit into chairs that were built for people that were born at the start of the 20th century.

I wanted it replaced decades ago. There was a parcel of land in the Seaport District that would have been perfect for a ballpark and all the necessary infrastructure. Instead they built a federal courthouse on part of that land. That said, I have to give the devil their due. This ownership has put a ton of $$$$ to update Fenway as much as they could, and they have cleaned it up from when it was a dump 20-25 years ago. But there is only so much you can do with a 110 year old structure. It still falls woefully short when it comes to modern amenities. Not to be mean, but I still can’t figure out how an obese person can fit into chairs that were built for people that were born at the start of the 20th century.
Not to mention that those seats are aimed at left field. I've never been to Fenway but want to get up there sometime.

Having been to Yankee Stadium 2 and 3 it's a night and day experience.

I've heard that no changes will happen until new ownership takes over and builds a new park.

Not to mention that those seats are aimed at left field. I've never been to Fenway but want to get up there sometime.

Having been to Yankee Stadium 2 and 3 it's a night and day experience.

I've heard that no changes will happen until new ownership takes over and builds a new park.

My brother-in-law and nephew are HUGE Yankee fans. They have made the trek to the Bronx several times over the years and have told me how beautiful Yankee Stadium is.

And that’s exactly how I currently feel about Red Sox management. They still have no problem charging exorbitant amounts for tickets, parking (I spent $70 for parking a couple years ago. Really??!!) and concessions. And then they trade away their arguably best homegrown talent since Carl Yastrzemski for a bag of balls and a bag of chips. And why did they do that? Because the Dodgers were the only team willing to take David Price’s contract off their hands. And the Red Sox did that to avoid going over the luxury tax. Absolutely disgusting!!
The only way to go to Fenway is by train. WAY cheaper and just as easy.

Reactions: BillD1984