2023-2024 NCAA Football Thread

Unfortunately, only 1 game of interest ..... however, I didn't expect That game to be this week either !
Notre Dame vs NAVY
Yeah, that was the only game I bothered to watch.

Here's week 1's schedule, much better lineup.

I'll be at the Ga Tech/Louisville game at the Aflac (formerly Chickfila) kick off game at the Mercedez Benz in Atlanta on Friday.

Reactions: Jimbo
Ronnie- Can you move all the posts from Jimbo's Aug 13th and after to the new thread and unpin and lock this one? Looks like we both mistakening posted in this one forgetting about the other. Thanks,

Five days of college football! Enjoy all and Go Blue! and Fire up Chips (Central Michigan University) My daughter goes there :) Pull off the upset and beat Michigan state on Friday night! I do think it will be a competitive game

About time-

NBC Sports has confirmed that Peacock, the NBC-owned streaming service, will offer select Big Ten games in 4K this season. The 4K broadcasts will start with this Saturday’s noon (ET) matchup between East Carolina University and second-ranked Michigan. An NBC Sports spokesman did not reveal additional 4K games at this time. “Select Big Ten games on Peacock will be available in 4K throughout the season,” the spokesman said today.

However, we asked NBC again this week after the episode description of the upcoming ECU-Michigan game included a 4K HDR (High Dynamic Range) tag. The NBC Sports spokesman today confirmed that the 4K tag was correct.

Supposed to be in real 4K/HDR, not up-converted 1080P into 4K that Fox puts out.

325 Points ... or Else​

uwSkW4CkbkbhwB24RhEQdiUgvjYwH7LwSx46ktekurBpunqtNAK5YutD9aRhI7NbwwRskgyY-qqPfoTus0USFO0oTb22IZbkGa1x0LrRu0q2ULgyrHZe_RwQk6-Q0trEbbKESpX68vN0H-FNwYX3DjkhJdFjgeigKAdB9ySqqUclgFOSlvfMcHSk_EpZ=s0-d-e1-ft
The strangest clause in college football is this: If Iowa doesn’t make a Bowl game and score 25 PPG this season (or 325 overall), its offensive coordinator will lose his contract.

Why? Scores like this
72.png
Last year, under OC Brian Ferentz (son of HC Kirk), Iowa's offense ...

➡️
Averaged only 13.6 offensive PPG

➡️
Had seven passing TDs and seven INTs

➡️
Won a game 7-3, thanks to two safeties

Iowa's Cooper DeJean, a CB, scored the third-most TDs on the team.
The Hawkeyes are 23.5-point favorites against Utah State on Saturday.

So ... if you see them trying to score up 30 points in the fourth quarter, just remember: Brian Ferentz needs those points
72.png

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
ACC will be adding Stanford, Cal, and SMU next year for the 2024 season.

Might as well drop Atlantic from the name and call it the Coastal Conference. And the PAC-4 now becomes the 2PAC.

With Stanford being added, I wonder if this might be a prelude to Notre Dame going full time, as they were a huge proponent of Stanford being added.

Last edited:
Great game last night with Utah taking Florida down 24-11 :D

Last edited:
ACC will be adding Stanford, Cal, and SMU next year for the 2024 season.

Might as well drop Atlantic from the name and call it the Coastal Conference. And the PAC-4 now becomes the 2PAC.

With Stanford being added, I wonder if this might be a prelude to Notre Dame going full time, as they were a huge proponent of Stanford being added.
ND only cares about the ACC for olympic sports not football.

At this point just make college football a relegation system, top 50 teams each year get to stay. Do away with conferences in general.

At this point just make college football a relegation system, top 50 teams each year get to stay. Do away with conferences in general.
No way to do that, courts have long ago ruled that the NCAA can't impose restrictions on conferences & schools due to anti-trust (NCAA v Oklahoma/Georgia - 1984).

No way to do that, courts have long ago ruled that the NCAA can't impose restrictions on conferences & schools due to anti-trust (NCAA v Oklahoma/Georgia - 1984).
The football schools are about to bipass the NCAA and go on their own.

The football schools are about to bipass the NCAA and go on their own.
They've been doing that for a long time through their conferences. NCAA used to enforce it's own TV contracts, so Oklahoma & Georgia sued them in 1981, winning at the district level and then at the Supreme Court. So schools and conferences have been doing their own contracts ever since.

You'll notice that the NCAA doesn't schedule a single football game, that's all done by the schools and their conferences.

The only games that the NCAA actually schedules/controls is the NCAA Basketball Tournaments.

Reactions: madmadworld
They've been doing that for a long time through their conferences. NCAA used to enforce it's own TV contracts, so Oklahoma & Georgia sued them in 1981, winning at the district level and then at the Supreme Court. So schools and conferences have been doing their own contracts ever since.

You'll notice that the NCAA doesn't schedule a single football game, that's all done by the schools and their conferences.
The big schools want all of that money. I’d expect a power 20 setup soon with just the top schools.

Don't have to impose it, conferences just need to make certain all top division schools get paid enough to not complain about it. Maybe at some point people will start wondering if we should stop pretending that College Football isn't a formal sports league.

Until then, let the consolidation continue! We'll end up with two conferences, the Big 40-somthing and the SESWNWNEC.