2023-2024 NCAA Football Thread

Washington wins the Pac12 Championship game 34-31 locking up the first CFP spot.
So many possibilities-

Florida State loses, Ohio State might be #4

Florida State and Georgia loses , Georgia would drop to #3, Ohio to #4, Michigan’s first game would be a re-match probably.

Florida State/Georgia wins, Ohio State out.

Of course, Michigan could lose, but extremely doubtful, if so, can then see Michigan at #4 and Ohio State still out.

If Michigan and Georgia losses, Florida State wins, Florida State/Washington either would be1/2, Georgia #3, Michigan #4, Ohio State still out.

All three could lose, then everything is screwed up, but Washington would be #1.

Rankings are dependent on what kind of games they play today, close, blow-out, etc.

Math is so much fun at times.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that #3 Washington was the Underdog going into the game with #5 Oregon.

That was actually the 2nd "Playoff game" as last weeks Ohio State vs Michigan game was the 1st one, Winner gets in, Loser probably not.

I find it interesting that #3 Washington was the Underdog going into the game with #5 Oregon.

That was actually the 2nd "Playoff game" as last weeks Ohio State vs Michigan game was the 1st one, Winner gets in, Loser probably not.
Ohio State is not out yet, on the edge yes.

But like I posted, even if Mich/Georgia both/either lose, they will still be in.

Let's just wait till Sunday when all will be revealed. :)
Explode Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

So many possibilities-

Florida State loses, Ohio State might be #4
The way Texas is playing in the Big XII game, they'll probably get the #4 slot if FSU loses, since they'll have a conference championship.
Florida State and Georgia loses , Georgia would drop to #3, Ohio to #4, Michigan’s first game would be a re-match probably.
They'll drop Georgia to behind Alabama who will be behind Texas, so if Georgia loses they're out, with Michigan moving to #1, followed by Washington, Texas and then Alabama.

With Texas winning, worst case would leave 3 1-loss conference champions (Michigan, Texas, Alabama) keeping Ohio State out. Ohio State needs Texas to lose as much as Alabama does. I just don't see a way for Ohio State to get in with Texas playing like they are in Dallas.

Possibilities I see (assuming Texas doesn't royally screw the second half:
Georgia wins, Michigan wins, FSU wins - Georgia, Michigan, Washington, FSU
Georgia wins, Michigan wins, FSU loses - Georgia, Michigan, Washington, Texas
Georgia wins, Michigan loses, FSU wins - Georgia, Washington, FSU, Texas
Georgia wins, Michigan loses, FSU loses - Georgia, Washington, Texas, Michigan
Georgia loses, Michigan wins, FSU wins - Michigan, Washington, FSU, Texas
Georgia loses, Michigan wins, FSU loses - Michigan, Washington, Texas, Alabama
Georgia loses, Michigan loses, FSU wins - Washington, FSU, Texas, Alabama
Georgia loses, Michigan loses, FSU loses - Washington, Texas, Alabama, Michigan

Last edited:
Huge statement 49-21 win for Texas in the Big 12 Championship game. If one of the remaining undefeated teams stumbles, then they'll most likely be in the playoffs.

Ohio State is not out yet, on the edge yes.

But like I posted, even if Mich/Georgia both/either lose, they will still be in.
I am NOT sure about your scenario ....

IF Michigan loses to Iowa (I'd be Shocked, along with the rest of the viewers) I don't see Mich getting IN.
It would be thier 1st loss, but to lose to Iowa who is barely ranked.

If Georgia got Blown out, they would be out. A close game I could see Georgia still being in ... at least the top 4.

Bama won't or Shouldn't get in if they beat Georgia ... to just 4 spots and potentially above a team that beat you ???? Don't see that happening ...

Bama has been playing well of late, Milrose running scares me more than anything.

Huge statement 49-21 win for Texas in the Big 12 Championship game. If one of the remaining undefeated teams stumbles, then they'll most likely be in the playoffs.
Not so sure about that ...
OK State Lost some pretty Bad games and was not ranked all that high ... not sure why Texas would get a Bunch of credit as far as moving all the way up into the top 4 .... maybe, but ... come on.

OK State lost to SOUTH ALABAMA 33-7 ( they got Curb Stomped).
Also lost to UCF 45-3 ... another game that they were not in.

Neither of those teams were ranked.
Why should Texas get huge credit for beating them ?

So far, Bama is playing much better than Georgia ... (end of 3rd)
Watching it on Paramount+, picture is so much better then YTTV, in 1080P/HDR and Dolby Atmos, the better picture is actually helping me keep my interest.

With Georgia losing to Alabama, Georgia is out and Texas is in. Lots of people in Alabama will be pulling for Louisville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigan ( undefeated), Washington( undefeated), Alabama (1 loss)or Texas (1 loss), Florida State( undefeated)

Now will Michigan be #1 or will Washington hop over them as some analysts have said.

Michigan ( undefeated), Washington( undefeated), Alabama (1 loss)or Texas (1 loss), Florida State( undefeated)

Now will Michigan be #1 or will Washington hop over them as some analysts have said.
I think it will be TTUN @ #1 followed by #2 Washington #3 Texas #4 Bama

I'm surprised that you could go from #8 on the last day and get in, but it is the SEC and Bama.
Like I mentioned before, Bama IS playing very well.

Buckeyes were looking to be headed to the Orange bowl, but with Georgia losing to Bama, that won't happen as Georgia will take that spot.
Buckeyes to the Cotton, Fiesta or Peach now ... playing who is up for grabs, could be a number of teams ... Oregon, or Texas (If they don't make it in) Georgia is a possibility as well as a number of others.

Selections will be at noon for the Top 4.
2-230 for the rest of the Bowls.

Edit:
I don't think Anyone know where anyone is going .... just throw darts ???

Now there a possibility that the Buckeyes play Georgia .... or Ole Miss or .... or ... FSU or ... (I've heard many teams )
We have Everyone in the world with thier predictions, just like to Polls .... getting to the point that I don't listen to them anymore.

Hell, maybe next year, us here a Sat Guy can have thier own College poll ...
May as well do a NFL Draft prediction as well.

Last edited:

I think Michigan will be the #1 seed.

Question though, would Michigan pick the Rose Bowl or Sugar Bowl? Sugar is closer, but Rose has history.

As for how think the teams will be:
Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU

Sending Alabama to the Orange Bowl and allowing the committee to setup a rematch of Ohio State and Georgia in the Peach Bowl.

The Playoffs are set :

1. TTUN
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
Why even have rankings then.

Michigan and Washington I totally agree with.

AP ranked Florida State at #4 which I agree with more then Alabama.