211 question

nuttz565

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
colorado
Hey guys I have been reading the forums over as I need a single tuner hd receiver. The 211 looks like a good choice. Now if I read this correctly you can record directly to a ehd with the 211? Also if this is true Why doesn't my 722 let you record directly to the ehd? Thanks guys

For a one time fee of $40 you can use the VIP211/211k to record to an external hard drive. You must provide the drive and USB cable.

Do not have a 722 so I can't comment one way or the other.

already activated it on my 722. Now that $40 covers all receivers or is it per receiver?

The software platform for the 622/722/722K and 612 is different from the 211. The 211 requires a separate activation fee and its' EHD is not interchangeable with the other models

one fee covers all the 211 "EHD-DVR" on your account

another fee covers all the 622/722/722k/612 "EHD-Archiving" on your account.

The dvr capability for the 211 series is treated as a different product line from the standard dvr.

Think of it as "dvr light"

Each product line requires it' own activation fee.

Related to this thread. I have a 508 which if I understand correctly will not have the $6 dvr fee (haven't gotten a bill yet). If I add a 211 and then activate the EHD feature, will this action trigger the $6 dvr fee.

Thanks for any info.

The software for the 211 and 211k is to turn it into a DVR. The external hard drive becomes like an internal hard drive for shows to record. It cost $39.99 and covers ALL 211 series on your account. You can remove the external hard drive and the receiver will work like it was originally meant to do. You can not move it to a VIP Dvr or that dvr will reformat the hard drive to turn it into an archive hard drive.

The software for the 612/622/722/722k is for an external hard drive for archiving shows you want to save. It cost $39.99 as well for all the vip series dvrs on your account. They are interchangeable and can be moved back and forth with other vip series Dvrs on your account.

They are two separate fees and I have both of them on my account; One 722k and one 211k.

Related to this thread. I have a 508 which if I understand correctly will not have the $6 dvr fee (haven't gotten a bill yet). If I add a 211 and then activate the EHD feature, will this action trigger the $6 dvr fee.

Thanks for any info.

nope, you only have to pay the one time fee.

Thanks for the good info. One more quick question though. I currently have a 722 and a 222k. How much would I paying a month for the lease fee or whatever dish is calling it now?

The 722 will not have an equipment fee , but the 222 will have a $14.00 price. You will have a separate $6.00 dvr fee on your bill as well. So you bill will have gone up $7.02 because the dvr fee rose .02 cents and the additional receiver fee used to be just $7.00.

The 722 will be your primary - no fees, but the 222 will be $14, then there will be a $6 DVR fee for the entire account.fmgdj

After talking with a csr that did not know anything ,He mangaged to confuse the hell out of me:confused:. He keep telling me that a 211k could not be used as a dvr. So my question is if you have a 211k and pay the activation fee for a EHD can it function as a DVR in the same way as a 722? If not what is the difference?thanks for any info

After talking with a csr that did not know anything ,He mangaged to confuse the hell out of me:confused:. He keep telling me that a 211k could not be used as a dvr. So my question is if you have a 211k and pay the activation fee for a EHD can it function as a DVR in the same way as a 722? If not what is the difference?thanks for any info

yeah, the same thing happened to me when I activated the feature, the csr had no idea, kept saying there is no way its not a dvr, you can't do that, and then wanted to do an upgrade to a dvr. Anyway, just call again or do a tech chat, with an EHD it is a dvr with one sat tuner and one ota, not like a 722 which has two sats. So you can only record one sat channel at a time and watch prerecorded show, or record one show on sat and one on ota and watch a prerecorded.

I would recommend the chat, if you don't get an intelligent one ask to chat with tech department.

I used the chat and it was a piece of cake getting the EHD on my VIP211 activated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)