211 Shipped direct...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Weezknight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Philly 'Burbs, PA
I just ordered a ViP 211 to upgrade my 811. I'm wondering if this is just a simple swap out or if there is anything else I need? I know I'll have to authorize the new receiver when I get it, but I didn't know if installing it is as simple as take the cables out of the 811 and reattach them to the corresponding hookups on the 211.

211 doesn't have DVI like the 811. If you're not using component, you'll need a DVI-HDMI adapter. Also, there's only one set of component outputs on the 211.

My 211 came with a HDMI to DVI cable, then a DVI to HDMI adapter. (YMMV) I assume that works like straight-through HDMI. I does pass audio, but I suspect that is only L+R vs. DD5.1...

And you must have that second dish aimed at 61.5. Since you are in Philly, I guess you are all set.

Most of the country would need to see 129 using a Dish 1000 variation but not in many areas in the east.

Again, if you have a 61.5 dish, you just change the cables.

I already have 2 Dish 500's for 110, 119, and 61.5. In addition I'll either be using component or HDMI. So it looks like I'll be okay, then. Thanks.

Everything went well with installing the 211. It took all of about 15 minutes from removal of the 811 to activating and watching the 211! My only question is that my account still shows the 811 as active. Will they automatically take it off when they receive the 811, or do I need to do something first?

Everything went well with installing the 211. It took all of about 15 minutes from removal of the 811 to activating and watching the 211! My only question is that my account still shows the 811 as active. Will they automatically take it off when they receive the 811, or do I need to do something first?
If that was the receiver that you activated your Dish account with, they'll probably leave it on there until you complain. I doubt that you're being charged for it (but check your bill anyway).

from what I was told it will stay on there if you own that reciever, it just is not activated...when I upgraded my older DVR to the VIP622, they told me I could send it in and they would give me a $5.00 credit...ummmm NO THANKS After my install I logged onto the site and it showed that reciever on the MY EQUIPMENT page, so I called and thats when they said since I own the reciever it will stay on there but they wont charge me for it, then they offered once more to give it back to them for $5.00

When they started up that "My Equipment" page about 6 months ago, I found an old 4900 that I sold on eBay a couple of years ago. I called a Dish CSR and had no trouble removing it almost instantly.

I just did a DIU from a leased ViP211 to a ViP722. (I love the 722 but thats another story). The 211 is still showing as one of my receivers but no longer the primary one. I guess it's time to call again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)