Best HD upgrade deal right now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fiveolddogs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
I called DISH to upgrade to HD on 1/28. I was told there would be new packages on 2/1 and I should call back then. I called back last week and was told the rebates were now gone, the commitment period went up to 24 months, and the best deal they could offer an existing customer was a $0.97 per month discount through January 1st of 2009.

I'm angry about being told by a CSR to call back, only to have the upgrade details change to my disadvantage. Does anyone know of any better deals for existing customers? The DISH web site doesn't even show the $0.97 deal, so I guess I should count myself "lucky".

Dude, that's a bum deal and I feel for ya. However, Scott posted about that about a week before the existing deals went away and warned people that they were running out of time and if they wanted to upgrade to HD, do it before 2/1/08.

This is something I'm interested in as well, though I'm not switching back to Dish for probably 6-8 weeks when we move. How often do they change the upgrade deals and are they still offering the HD DVR for free for upgrading current customers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts