211 vs 211k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dave10a

Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
USA
What is the difference software and hardware between the 211 and 211k other than color. I have a 211 that is working on East Arc with my 222k. I would like to know if the 211 will work with the "tailgater" dish and will it work with legacy dish 500 twin with a SW21 switch. I want to use it while traveling on my motor home and am considering alternatives...
Thanks

I would like to know if the 211 will work with the "tailgater" dish and will it work with legacy dish 500 twin with a SW21 switch.
as Bobby noted the 211k can be used with the tailgater

All receivers will work with Legacy equipment. I have a 211k with a D500 Legacy Twin and a separate dish for 129 combined with a SW21.
If you have a 500 Twin and only need 110 & 119 you dont need the SW21.

The smart card is probably built in. If you get any channels at all, like 101, it's cool. Otherwise you problem need a new card.

I have a 211 (not K) without a smart card. Do I need a smart card to activate it?

more then likely as the 211 has a embedded smart card (internal) but may not be the 3rd generation card that is needed......

call dish with the receiver number and they will tell you if it can be activated and if you need a new purple card...

A 211 will work with the tailgater just has to have the correct s/w. I forgot to look at the s/w for the one I saw work the other day. It pulls up the portable antenna screen and everything. If I see another one I will oat on here.

newer receivers have the card built in...but check system info screen and if the S# shows S19 as csmith said it should be ok

Thank for the info-- Looks like the only difference between a 211 and 211k is color the 211k being black and the 211 is silver. And both work with legacy equipment.

Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts